The title says it all. I can only speak as a long time Android user and past iOS user. After setting up and tweaking every thing to my liking, this baby kicks ***. All of my friends have been impressed. I don't understand all of the negativity. There might be a learning curve to varying degrees. You just have to put the time in and this is a great device.

I don't agree with anything to do with bad build quality. I think it is a well built beast. I am happy with the audio that comes out of the speaker (you cant expect 7.1 Bose surround sound from a device speaker). I haven't experienced anything but some mild heat but nothing that shouldn't be expected from the initial set up stress. Battery has been great after the first full recharge.

In my opinion it is a fantastic device all around. Nothing will ever be perfect and work 100% for everyone. I will say that I am a very happy and proud owner.

The Priv rules!
    11-07-15 05:51 PM
    How did you setup your email accounts, are they setup directly in the Hub?
    11-07-15 05:54 PM
    I played with Priv for about an hour at an AT&T store. It took me about 20 mins to get proficient with physical keyboard. After 20 mins or so, I was demo-ing to AT&T rep, how awesome it is to have a physical keyboard. I showed him how I could talk to him and continue typing (blind). When he looked at my message, he was amazed that I typed a whole sentence without looking at the keyboard, while conversing with him, and it only had 2 typos.

I am waiting for white variant (as shown-off by Ron in MWC). As soon as they release white variant, I am purchasing it. Well, if they don't release a white variant by new year, I am going to get this black one. But I am going to do my best to hold out until Jan first week for white variant though.

While it is frustrating to wait for white variant, the bright side is this: BlackBerry is likely to push out updates to Hub, BBM apps so by the time I get my device, Hub would already have gotten better! To push updates to Hub, Calendar, BBM, BlackBerry does not need to do full OS update, these apps get updated via Google Play app store. So, I am quite confident, we'd be seeing frequent updates to Hub etc. Atleast until Hub becomes close to native BB10 hub app (as close as it can made to be on Android).
    11-07-15 05:55 PM
    I played with Priv for about an hour at an AT&T store. It took me about 20 mins to get proficient with physical keyboard. After 20 mins or so, I was demo-ing to AT&T rep, how awesome it is to have a physical keyboard. I showed him how I could talk to him and continue typing (blind). When he looked at my message, he was amazed that I typed a whole sentence without looking at the keyboard, while conversing with him, and it only had 2 typos.

I am waiting for white variant (as shown-off by Ron in MWC). As soon as they release white variant, I am purchasing it. Well, if they don't release a white variant by new year, I am going to get this black one. But I am going to do my best to hold out until Jan first week for white variant though.
    I would have no typo at all.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-07-15 05:58 PM
    Glad your setup went well, the negativity is just BlackBerry users unwilling to move forward. BB10 as great as it is, is on life support, developers refused to support the OS because its user base was low and it's user base was low because the app ecosystem was lacking. BlackBerry management made the right decision albeit a few years late but now they can bring the great productivity apps from BlackBerry to Android. Looking forward to my Priv arriving on Monday

Posted via CB10
    B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    11-07-15 05:58 PM
    Great phone disabled GMAIL sync and used the hub instead
    11-07-15 06:01 PM
    Glad your setup went well, the negativity is just BlackBerry users unwilling to move forward. BB10 as great as it is, is on life support, developers refused to support the OS because its user base was low and it's user base was low because the app ecosystem was lacking. BlackBerry management made the right decision albeit a few years late but now they can bring the great productivity apps from BlackBerry to Android. Looking forward to my Priv arriving on Monday

Posted via CB10
    Just put in some time, give it a chance and I bet you will really like it.
    11-07-15 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, a lot of the negativity has been from BlackBerry haters as much as traditional BlackBerry users.

I was impressed with it and I get one eventually.

Posted via CB10
    B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    11-07-15 06:03 PM
    How did you setup your email accounts, are they setup directly in the Hub?
    I only had a G mail and an outlook exchange account to add. I set them up through their respective apps. After that I was able to add them to Hub. I have to admit coming from Android I will have to start respecting and using the hub more often.
    11-07-15 06:08 PM
    Another thing I did not have with my Classic and BB10 is DishAnywhere. I'm on vacation and I can record programs at home and stream the Pac12 network.

Loving the Priv the more I use it.

However it will never replace the 9900 work phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:12 PM
    Yeah I got another big update this afternoon 24 programs or so. I like it better than my samsung note 4 so far.

B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    11-07-15 07:16 PM
    The brightness and viewing angles of the Priv screen are a joy to behold.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv
    kitmo and B_Rad BurnZ like this.
    11-07-15 07:18 PM
    I only had a G mail and an outlook exchange account to add. I set them up through their respective apps. After that I was able to add them to Hub. I have to admit coming from Android I will have to start respecting and using the hub more often.
    So after you added them in the gmail app and outlook app, you then added them again in the hub, where it asked for your password etc?
    11-07-15 07:37 PM
    So after you added them in the gmail app and outlook app, you then added them again in the hub, where it asked for your password etc?
    Yes. Had to add my outlook account to hub in order to access it in BBerry calendar.
    11-08-15 03:09 AM
    The title says it all. I can only speak as a long time Android user and past iOS user. After setting up and tweaking every thing to my liking, this baby kicks ***. All of my friends have been impressed. I don't understand all of the negativity. There might be a learning curve to varying degrees. You just have to put the time in and this is a great device.

I don't agree with anything to do with bad build quality. I think it is a well built beast. I am happy with the audio that comes out of the speaker (you cant expect 7.1 Bose surround sound from a device speaker). I haven't experienced anything but some mild heat but nothing that shouldn't be expected from the initial set up stress. Battery has been great after the first full recharge.

In my opinion it is a fantastic device all around. Nothing will ever be perfect and work 100% for everyone. I will say that I am a very happy and proud owner.

The Priv rules!
    AGREED 100% it's pretty awesome with full android app access and the capacitive keyboard makes this my first complete device.

11-08-15 03:21 AM