We need blend.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    Wonderful timing. I just got an Alarm Alert on my computer and took a screenshot. Really, it is invaluable.

After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-blend1.jpg
    07-20-16 12:01 PM
    You inspired me.

After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-capture.jpgAfter MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-capture1.jpg

What is FFFF?! Is Blend cursing me?

I curse it back.
    07-20-16 01:08 PM
    What are you BLENDing with?

It does not work on the Priv. It works with BB10 devices.

But I'm jealous. I'm only F2 and you seem to be F8!!!
    07-20-16 01:50 PM
    How about editing calendar entries where the Priv owner is not the owner of the event?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-20-16 05:19 PM
    What are you BLENDing with?

It does not work on the Priv. It works with BB10 devices.

But I'm jealous. I'm only F2 and you seem to be F8!!!
    I have a passport but I decided to try it with the Priv i was hoping theyd snuck in an update.

I'm not above doing stupid things in the name of science. I'm sure gunpowder was discovered by the same method.

07-20-16 05:24 PM
    I have a passport but I decided to try it with the Priv i was hoping theyd snuck in an update.

I'm not above doing stupid things in the name of science. I'm sure gunpowder was discovered by the same method.

Ah, yes, I discovered an INedible mushroom the same way! I merely touched the 'store bought looking mushroom' to my tongue and knew - NOPE! Four hours later I still knew it was NOPE as my tongue still burned!

Then there was the time on Half Dome in Yosemite during a brief electrical storm. A metal pole was humming and then released its charge and ruffled my hair (I had some back then). It started to hum again and I jumped out of the sheltered area and ran over and touched it like you'd discharge a static door knob!!! Luckily I lived as did Ben Franklin before me!
    07-20-16 05:38 PM
    Well all of our experiments were at least marginally more successful than my Priv/Blend one. It was an abject failure.

I do wonder whether Blend will work with the Priv, ever. But I'm using Pushbullet and it is better than a poke in the eye.

07-20-16 06:54 PM
    Do I recall that you have to create an account on Pushbullet and, therefore, your data is there, too?

Oh, you were trying to run the Android Blend on the Priv - NOPE, that does not work.
    07-20-16 08:12 PM
    It links to Google or whatever. But the free version of Pushbullet has end to end encryption

07-20-16 11:31 PM
    Honestly.... I'm really trying to like the Priv. But blackberry has really let me down. The hub is just one, albeit very large, sore point. Messaging is useless with the Priv. I honestly find it much more cumbersome than any BB10 device.

BlackBerry branded apps, which try to veil the Android phone in something that kind of looks like a blackberry do nothing at all except poorly duplicate android functions. Functions which could probably be done more quickly the Android way.

I hate to slam blackberry. But this phones feels like a sell-out sequel to a standalone movie and without the original cast.

I keep waiting for them to update their software, or apps, or whatever it is they've "done" to android to make people think there's a hint of blackberry anywhere past the branding on the top of the phone. But there is just nothing.

Trying to add a contact, access the calender or respond to inbox pile-up of messages from different services is embarrassingly awkward.

Functions like managing my local files, pictures, or anything else like voice notes, GPS (which must have the network radio active to function, sell signal or not) or the cool barometer, have me slugging through an app store full of leeches and shills either trying to steal my information and data behind my back while blasting me with advertisements '5th Element' style - or I have to pay, and for some barely reputable app company to use those native functions, and STILL have my information and plan data stolen.

And why are these apps updated weekly?? What could be changing that much behind the scenes??

I've had the Priv for about 6 months, and the only significant update came in the form of marshmellow.

I feel really bad for writing this. But it's just the sad truth.

Maybe it's not blackberry's fault... Maybe Google won't play nice and let them change more aspects to the operating system. But Chen should have seen that coming. It's not like they opened up Google play services on BB10. They are competition.

I did pay the money to give this phone a chance. But I think this will be my last blackberry phone.

Sorry for the typical Internet rant. This thread probably isn't the right place for this. I came to the forums after trying to see if I could customize the "Productivity Tab" - you can't.

And then I accidently DELETED the home screen clock with an accidental slip of my finger while taking the phone out of my pocket. Had to look that up too.... Come on.....

I used to be a fan. But the sheepal won this one... I guess it was all worth it for snap chat, clash of clans, and not having to sideload Instagram.

Sorry.
    Last edited by chiefx13; 07-21-16 at 07:02 AM.
    Q10Bold and Andrew Jones13 like this.
    07-21-16 06:39 AM
    How about editing calendar entries where the Priv owner is not the owner of the event?

Keep your eyes peeled for an update in the near future
    07-21-16 07:12 AM
    Honestly.... I'm really trying to like the Priv. But blackberry has really let me down. The hub is just one, albeit very large, sore point. Messaging is useless with the Priv. I honestly find it much more cumbersome than any BB10 device.

BlackBerry branded apps, which try to veil the Android phone in something that kind of looks like a blackberry do nothing at all except poorly duplicate android functions. Functions which could probably be done more quickly the Android way.

I hate to slam blackberry. But this phones feels like a sell-out sequel to a standalone movie and without the original cast.

I keep waiting for them to update their software, or apps, or whatever it is they've "done" to android to make people think there's a hint of blackberry anywhere past the branding on the top of the phone. But there is just nothing.

Trying to add a contact, access the calender or respond to inbox pile-up of messages from different services is embarrassingly awkward.

Functions like managing my local files, pictures, or anything else like voice notes, GPS (which must have the network radio active to function, sell signal or not) or the cool barometer, have me slugging through an app store full of leeches and shills either trying to steal my information and data behind my back while blasting me with advertisements '5th Element' style - or I have to pay, and for some barely reputable app company to use those native functions, and STILL have my information and plan data stolen.

And why are these apps updated weekly?? What could be changing that much behind the scenes??

I've had the Priv for about 6 months, and the only significant update came in the form of marshmellow.

I feel really bad for writing this. But it's just the sad truth.

Maybe it's not blackberry's fault... Maybe Google won't play nice and let them change more aspects to the operating system. But Chen should have seen that coming. It's not like they opened up Google play services on BB10. They are competition.

I did pay the money to give this phone a chance. But I think this will be my last blackberry phone.

Sorry for the typical Internet rant. This thread probably isn't the right place for this. I came to the forums after trying to see if I could customize the "Productivity Tab" - you can't.

And then I accidently DELETED the home screen clock with an accidental slip of my finger while taking the phone out of my pocket. Had to look that up too.... Come on.....

I used to be a fan. But the sheepal won this one... I guess it was all worth it for snap chat, clash of clans, and not having to sideload Instagram.

Sorry.
    This!!!!!!!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-21-16 08:33 AM
    The Hub simply needs to work for the Priv, or any Android phone to be a Blackberry. That's my point. If I can't use the phone, out of the box, to do basic things like handle email as easily and quickly as I can on my three-year-old z10, out of the box, then why should I even consider buying a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 08:52 AM
    GPS (which must have the network radio active to function
    Listen, if you don't like it, that's your option.

I only picked out this statement since it is not true. I was just in Europe for three weeks. Since Verizon's generous "global" plan would have meant mortgaging the house, I really did not use data or my cell. While out hiking in rather remote areas, I used the gps with the Nogago Tracks app to log my hikes. Data, cell and generally wifi were all off. I was in Airplane mode. The gps tracked me fine with those functions OFF.

Attached are screen captures of two hikes. At the upper right you can see airplane mode was on. The gaps in one of them was due to the fact that the hike went through two tunnels, one a kilometer long and the other about half that. The third image is the imported track into Garmin software.

Again, just trying to make sure folks know that the gps works in airplane mode.

After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-tunnel.jpg
    After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-levada.jpg
    After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-tunnel2.jpg
    07-21-16 08:54 AM
    Just one example, which I posted about elsewhere, of how the Android Hub doesn't match the BB10 hub, in terms of design and ease of use:

Reviewing messages by account.

In BB10, I just swipe right with my thumb from anywhere within the Hub and select an account. On the Priv I have to tap the small Nav icon in the UPPER LEFT CORNER of the Hub, which is much more difficult to do one-handed. So, one of my most frequent tasks, scanning communications on an account by account basis , went from being a quick and easy one-handed task that I can repeat almost anywhere ar any time to being a two-handed one that requires more of my attention.

That's not quite a deal-breaker on its own, but it shows a lack of attention to detail that old never have happened in the old days of Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 09:00 AM
    Just one example, which I posted about elsewhere, of how the Android Hub doesn't match the BB10 hub, in terms of design and ease of use:

In BB10, I just swipe right with my thumb from anywhere within the Hub and select an account. On the Priv I have to tap the small Nav icon in the UPPER LEFT CORNER of the Hub, which is much more difficult to do one-handed. So, one of my most frequent tasks, scanning communications on an account by account basis , went from being a quick and easy one-handed task that I can repeat almost anywhere ar any time to being a two-handed one that requires more of my attention.

That's not quite a deal-breaker on its own, but it shows a lack of attention to detail that old never have happened in the old days of Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    You're wrong. Just swipe from the left of your screen when you're in the hub and your accounts pane will slide across.

You need to know how to use it before u bash it mate.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Attached Thumbnails After MM, Android Hub vs. BB10?-155334.jpg  
    FF22, gallopiton and chiefx13 like this.
    07-21-16 09:50 AM
    Keep your eyes peeled for an update in the near future
    Cody. I know I have been poking you with this one for awhile. I further know you take meaningful feature requests seriously. Thank you for the personal attention. I look forward to this calendar feature addition. The day that rolls out, I will uninstall google calendar which I run in parallel now just to facilitate such edits.

Lastly wanted to acknowledge you and your team. I have seen you tick off two features I banged on you for in the past. I am running out of requests. Thank you.

FF22 likes this.
    07-21-16 09:59 AM
    You're wrong. Just swipe from the left of your screen when you're in the hub and your accounts pane will slide across.

Nailed it! Swiping in from the left edge of the screen in any Android app that has a navigation drawer will open the nav drawer. Makes things a good bit easier one-handed.
    07-21-16 11:36 AM
    Cody. I know I have been poking you with this one for awhile. I further know you take meaningful feature requests seriously. Thank you for the personal attention. I look forward to this calendar feature addition. The day that rolls out, I will uninstall google calendar which I run in parallel now just to facilitate such edits.

Lastly wanted to acknowledge you and your team. I have seen you tick off two features I banged on you for in the past. I am running out of requests. Thank you.

The day you're out of requests, I'll be happy! (not that I don't enjoy all the back and forth of course) Working hard to knock out as many of the big customer feature requests as we can. Appreciate the patience in the meantime as we work through them!
    07-21-16 11:37 AM
    Unfortunately, I am fairly useless to Cody, et al., because I'm pretty happy with the Priv, even having come from a Passport and a decade of previous Blackberry PKB phones.

But after a few days of intensive use, here is what I have found:

1. After several years with two phones (always one blackbery and one android), I got rid of the spare line because the Priv is brilliant. Some additional battery optimization might be great but I know that's an Android issue.

2. There is considerable lag starting up voice typing (Google) and Device Search.

3. On AT&T, the Marshmallow update for Priv did not include video calling and wifi calling, while my Note 4 did get those features; I am not sure whether that's an AT&T issue or a Blackberry one--not a big deal either way.

4. The hidden features that I keep finding on the Priv (even after coming straight from a Passport that I have had for a very long time) are GREAT. The latest, best one that I discovered is the short press quick key. WOW.

5. I hope BLEND is coming for the Priv. I do miss that and the generic alternative (Pushbullet is my choice) is inferior. Blend was a great feature of BB10.

6. DARK MODE. Again, I do not know whether this is within the control of BB, but with my switch from LCD to AMOLED, light colored screens are just a battery drainer.

In keeping with the thread I have been very pleased with the Android version of Hub; I have not wanted for anything except pinch to unread messages, and that is a trifling concern since the menu option is at the top.

Best,

Charlie V
    07-21-16 12:54 PM
    Nailed it! Swiping in from the left edge of the screen in any Android app that has a navigation drawer will open the nav drawer. Makes things a good bit easier one-handed.
    Okay, how do you know if "any Android app" has a navigation drawer? I did not know about it in Hub until this post (but may have missed a tutorial on it) and I just found it also in in the Calendar app. Others?

Thanks, again, for being here!

edited to add: OH, is what some folks call the Hamburger Menu (three horizontal bars) a Navigation Drawer? (maybe comes the dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    07-21-16 01:46 PM
    Okay, how do you know if "any Android app" has a navigation drawer? I did not know about it in Hub until this post (but may have missed a tutorial on it) and I just found it also in in the Calendar app. Others?

Thanks, again, for being here!

edited to add: OH, is what some folks call the Hamburger Menu (three horizontal bars) a Navigation Drawer? (maybe comes the dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Glad I could help. Enjoy your phone fam.

FF22 likes this.
    07-21-16 03:14 PM

That is good to hear. But FYI, I reviewed all of the official Priv documentation, and I could find no mention of that swipe feature at all. Also, Blackberry's promotional and training videos omit it. It's not that I didn't make a very sincere effort to find out.

As I said at the start of this thread, I am trying to evaluate if the Priv can meet my needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 03:33 PM
    That is good to hear. But FYI, I reviewed all of the official Priv documentation, and I could find no mention of that swipe feature at all. Also, Blackberry's promotional and training videos omit it. It's not that I didn't make a very sincere effort to find out.

As I said at the start of this thread, I am trying to evaluate if the Priv can meet my needs.

Posted via CB10
    True. However, understand that this is an android phone first with BlackBerry tweaks so for the most part, you will learn stuff about using the phone if you learn how to use Android and not expect it to be BlackBerry 10. That's why it was marketed as the BlackBerry Productivity Suite added to Android.

I think that's where most people go wrong and miss out on a lot of the built in android functionality.

It's the same like when I moved from bbos to BlackBerry 10. It's a new learning curve.

jakie55 likes this.
    07-21-16 04:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    The lack of attention to detail reminds me of 10.3.X pre 10.2.1 when you couldn't delete emails from just device. I felt like I was going backwards. It's why I waited until 6 months point to get PRIV. They did better. Not as painful as move from BB7 to BB10, still irritating but not as bad. I didn't think File Manager would bug me but it did for a few hours. Kind of like when no free phone case like pre-BB10. Just irritating...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-21-16 04:33 PM
73 123