As the title said, one week into owning this phone and the main issue I have is the heat this thing throws off. My fingertips always seem to be in a state of pain. The hardshell doesn't help much - the heat goes through it. My battery life is easily one day of solid use and after reading several threads I don't think I have a major drain. Screen is never on too bright. I have now resorted to disabling blackberry services and will try the outlook app instead. If that doesnt help, then this thing may be going back. Would be interested to hear other ideas on how to deal with the heat issue. I have hardly any apps installed, email is push only, gmail sync disabled, no social media or weather apps, etc. Basically I have this thing as barebones as I can and its still barely useable to me, many days, all because of the heat.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 07:53 PM
    I think if you download Gmail all for your Gmail account and outlook app for your outlook account you will get PUSH notifications and you will not need to disable the Sync. If the heat is such a problem, it could be either software or hardware and it needs to be investigated. I suggest you contact support and tell them about this and see what they got to say about this.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:56 PM
    It will keep your hands warm in the cold weather.....

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:07 AM
    As the title said, one week into owning this phone and the main issue I have is the heat this thing throws off. My fingertips always seem to be in a state of pain. The hardshell doesn't help much - the heat goes through it. My battery life is easily one day of solid use and after reading several threads I don't think I have a major drain. Screen is never on too bright. I have now resorted to disabling blackberry services and will try the outlook app instead. If that doesnt help, then this thing may be going back. Would be interested to hear other ideas on how to deal with the heat issue. I have hardly any apps installed, email is push only, gmail sync disabled, no social media or weather apps, etc. Basically I have this thing as barebones as I can and its still barely useable to me, many days, all because of the heat.

It must be defective. I have had no heat issues at all...not during setup, content transfer, synching or prior to updating all of the apps. I have everything running at the moment with no battery drain issues. Perhaps you should consider swapping it for another one.

Did you update all of the blackberry apps? (Hub, dtek, bb services, calendar, bbm, etc)
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 01:22 AM.
    11-15-15 01:12 AM
    The heat is a software issue believe it or not. BlackBerry has promised monthly updates the issue will be fixed

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:26 AM
    It does suffer like many Android phones did earlier this year. Not terrible but noticeable.

11-15-15 01:29 AM
    Winter is coming. Be thankful.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Lefty724 and Quorist like this.
    11-15-15 01:34 AM
    same here, heavy heat during app installs/upgrades, email setup, content transfer app etc
    other than that I love it
    not sure what to do
    11-15-15 05:19 AM
    It isn't the heat that's the issue for me. It's the physical keypad not keeping up with my typing. Missing out letter, resulting in typos. Lots of others have the issue too. It's no defect.
    weezul, kertong and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    11-15-15 05:24 AM

That's not normal, see if you can get a replacement.

11-15-15 05:31 AM
    No heat issues for me. It only gets warmish after I plug it in when the battery is low. Otherwise, cool as a cucumber.

11-15-15 06:39 AM
    It isn't the heat that's the issue for me. It's the physical keypad not keeping up with my typing. Missing out letter, resulting in typos. Lots of others have the issue too. It's no defect.
    No problem here...I can rapid fire a button like in ghostly goblins or hyper Olympics and no skipping.
    11-15-15 06:43 AM
    the heat issues are sounding a lot like typical Android behavior, specially after an OS update. you phone is new so this fits the same scenario.

if it bothers you that much then yeah i guess you can return it as defective. i dunno what you can say to make sure that unit doesnt get recycled back into circulation to the rest of us still waiting for a unit, but yeah be kind to the poor chap that might receive your defective unit.
    11-15-15 07:00 AM
    No problem here...I can rapid fire a button like in ghostly goblins or hyper Olympics and no skipping.
    Yeah a couple of people tend to say this when I post about the keypad. Doesn't make sense. I'm not doubting you're doesn't have a lag, btw, I just don't understand it. I've had 2 Priv's now and both do exactly the same. Countless others on here have the problem too.
    It isn't a keypad defect as all keys register fine. But when I type quickly (and I do type very quickly), for words with the same letter in, so "all in all" say, ends up as Al in Al. Tends to be when the space bar is hit before the word finishes, whereas BB10 didn't have this issue.

I do think it's a software problem, which is why I'm not going to keep returning until I get a 'good' one. I don't think it exists until they update the software.
    kertong likes this.
    11-15-15 07:55 AM
    Yeah a couple of people tend to say this when I post about the keypad. Doesn't make sense. I'm not doubting you're doesn't have a lag, btw, I just don't understand it. I've had 2 Priv's now and both do exactly the same. Countless others on here have the problem too.
    It isn't a keypad defect as all keys register fine. But when I type quickly (and I do type very quickly), for words with the same letter in, so "all in all" say, ends up as Al in Al. Tends to be when the space bar is hit before the word finishes, whereas BB10 didn't have this issue.

I do think it's a software problem, which is why I'm not going to keep returning until I get a 'good' one. I don't think it exists until they update the software.
    Hmmm...does it happen if you go lllllllllllll ?
    11-15-15 09:39 AM
    Winter is coming. Be thankful.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Lol it shouldn't be considered a feature xP

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:26 AM
    No heat issues here either

11-15-15 11:33 AM
    Hmmm...does it happen if you go lllllllllllll ?
    Yeah. For most letters it does when typed consecutively and quickly. 10 presses registers just 6.
    Quite annoying.
    kertong likes this.
    11-15-15 11:35 AM
    Yeah. For most letters it does when typed consecutively and quickly. 10 presses registers just 6.
    Quite annoying.
    That should be fixed on few OS updates following...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-15-15 11:36 AM
    Overall no issues but an hour ago after 40 minutes of usage watching YouTube and installing apps it got hot.

See CPU-Z stats when hot and now.
    Attached Thumbnails After 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-uploadfromtaptalk1447609043987.jpg   After 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-uploadfromtaptalk1447609056288.jpg  
    11-15-15 11:37 AM
    I had heat issues at first. So I did a factory reset, did NOT do content transfer this time, Gmail sync off/push on, and disabled the Gmail app. No more heat issues.
    11-15-15 11:58 AM
    Very helpful responses. I am going to try out a few more things suggested and will see if I can get the heat issue under control.
    11-15-15 12:11 PM
    Overall no issues but an hour ago after 40 minutes of usage watching YouTube and installing apps it got hot.

See CPU-Z stats when hot and now.
    Wow there must be a serious issues there

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 12:19 PM
    I think you have an issue with your phone

Do a wipe and just install from scratch. I've had mine for 7 days and it's working perfectly.
    11-15-15 01:13 PM
    If you use the phone, it's a cooker when syncing, updating and downloading. Hotter than my other droids.

11-15-15 01:39 PM
73 123