Doing a factory reset right now and this time around the BB apps are included in the list of apps prompted for an immediate update. Was not the case for me before (though I had manually updated).
    Because they are now tied to your Google account.
    11-16-15 12:36 AM
    Yeah a couple of people tend to say this when I post about the keypad. Doesn't make sense. I'm not doubting you're doesn't have a lag, btw, I just don't understand it. I've had 2 Priv's now and both do exactly the same. Countless others on here have the problem too.
    It isn't a keypad defect as all keys register fine. But when I type quickly (and I do type very quickly), for words with the same letter in, so "all in all" say, ends up as Al in Al. Tends to be when the space bar is hit before the word finishes, whereas BB10 didn't have this issue.

I do think it's a software problem, which is why I'm not going to keep returning until I get a 'good' one. I don't think it exists until they update the software.
    You've probably done this and if so, I apologise. Have you updated all the BlackBerry apps including the keyboard? GPLAY won't pick up the updates automatically, you have to search for them in GPLAY. Use search term "blackberry" or "Priv"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-16-15 01:47 AM
    Getting hot again. After 30 minutes usage while commuting. No games mainly browsing.
    Attached Thumbnails After 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-uploadfromtaptalk1447660995257.jpg  
    11-16-15 02:04 AM
    If people could post either screenshots or stats from CPU-Z, that would be helpful. the battery temperature seems to be a useful benchmark as it fluctuates less than the other sensors, I think. I was at 39 prior to wiping the device, now at around 35. I saw a post from someone saying they were running nice and cool at 33. (battery at 39 is uncomfortably hot - at that point many of the other sensors were registering above 50).
    The battery on mine was showing 41 degrees C after a bit of heavy use. I didnt check cpu-z. I am calling to return it. Did a wipe with only updates installing and still same issue

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:31 AM
    I appreciate this is not a solution but wanted to check whether this is a hardware or software issue. As suggested by another poster, I have disabled BlackBerry Services and installed Google Inbox.

In the second part of the commute, another 30 minutes same usage, phone is much cooler.

I will try this way for a few days and waiting for a BlackBerry Services update.
    11-16-15 02:45 AM
    You've probably done this and if so, I apologise. Have you updated all the BlackBerry apps including the keyboard? GPLAY won't pick up the updates automatically, you have to search for them in GPLAY. Use search term "blackberry" or "Priv"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    Hey - thanks for the suggestion but yes I've done this. First thing I did when I got the phone!
    Sadly, makes no difference!
    I have 1 more week to decide before I go out of my 14 day return so I either put up or shut up, or leave it a couple of months until they (if they) sort it with an update.
    11-16-15 10:39 AM
    Using this phone since launch. Never over heated.

Great phone. I'm as critical as anyone.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-18-15 at 07:14 AM.
    11-16-15 10:45 AM
    Okay here are some screenshots of temp with CPU-Z. The one with battery temp at 39 is pretty much standard after using lightly for 10 minutes. That is uncomfortably hot. The one with battery temp at 44 is basically egg-frying. Only hit that once during sync. Never had a device get that hot that i can remember.After 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-screenshot_2015-11-16-01-13-21.jpgAfter 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-screenshot_2015-11-16-01-44-53.jpg

I would have done this earlier but the CB app crashes on file upload so this is from my comp

Would love to see temps from all the people who are running cool with no issues.
    11-16-15 11:20 AM
    Getting hot again. After 30 minutes usage while commuting. No games mainly browsing.
    There is something definitely going on with BlackBerry Services. On the way back home, 50 minutes non stop usage doing the same than this morning, Priv temp is much better.
    Attached Thumbnails After 1 week, biggest issue is the heat-uploadfromtaptalk1447697265470.jpg  
    gocanucks99 likes this.
    11-16-15 12:08 PM
    In Canadian Winter, that's a feature.

For lulz, they should say that on Twitter, tongue in cheek.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 02:55 PM
    I appreciate this is not a solution but wanted to check whether this is a hardware or software issue. As suggested by another poster, I have disabled BlackBerry Services and installed Google Inbox.

In the second part of the commute, another 30 minutes same usage, phone is much cooler.

I will try this way for a few days and waiting for a BlackBerry Services update.
    Can you explain what you mean by disabling BlackBerry services? You mean all accounts on the BlackBerry Hub?

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    11-16-15 03:22 PM
    Winter is coming. Be thankful.

Posted via Commodore 64
    John Snow is dead!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-16-15 03:26 PM
    Hey - thanks for the suggestion but yes I've done this. First thing I did when I got the phone!
    Sadly, makes no difference!
    I have 1 more week to decide before I go out of my 14 day return so I either put up or shut up, or leave it a couple of months until they (if they) sort it with an update.
    I would not keep it and expect it to be sorted out. I'd return it and see if they sort it out on other peoples' phones. Since enough others have said they don't have such heat problems, your phone has some problems. Or return and get another and see how that goes. BUT RETURN THIS ONE!
    11-16-15 04:30 PM
    My mobile gets very toasty when using the Web browser and seems to chew away at the battery power life, on the other hand with apps like Netflix and Facebook the mobile remains cool and battery rock solid.
    11-16-15 06:08 PM
    My mobile gets very toasty when using the Web browser and seems to chew away at the battery power life, on the other hand with apps like Netflix and Facebook the mobile remains cool and battery rock solid.
    I deactivated BlackBerry Services and it is better. I think the real issue is with mobile data. That is why with browsing gets hotter than normal. Mainly if signal is poor.
    11-16-15 06:12 PM
    As the title said, one week into owning this phone and the main issue I have is the heat this thing throws off. My fingertips always seem to be in a state of pain. The hardshell doesn't help much - the heat goes through it.
    Honestly, the case is probably the biggest part of your problem. A lot of the time if a case doesn't conduct the heat away from the device well, it will just cook in there until it's so hot it leaks to the outside of the case. I'd recommend going naked a couple of days and seeing if that helps you out at all.
    11-16-15 06:43 PM
    It does suffer like many Android phones did earlier this year. Not terrible but noticeable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This is with an 808 not an 810

There shouldnt be such severe heat issues.

Most likely caused by BB services which can be fixed with an update thankfully
    11-16-15 07:10 PM
    Can you explain what you mean by disabling BlackBerry services? You mean all accounts on the BlackBerry Hub?

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    The priv will have Blackberry Services running in the background, it's what drives the Hub among other things.
    Disabling the Hub would not disable the services
    11-16-15 07:11 PM
    As the title said, ...
    After one week, I fear the heat
    11-16-15 07:17 PM
    My device isn't getting as warm with as much frequency as it did when I first received the device 5 days ago. However, it does get warm intermittently. There is no one thing that I do to which I can point as a culprit. It's a bit annoying though. I am going to get a replacement as soon as some are in stock.
    11-16-15 07:35 PM
    Lol it shouldn't be considered a feature xP

Posted via CB10
    Smart marketing would turn this in to an app and charge $1.99 for the Handing Warming App! BlackBerry would sell millions of copies of this app, and the stock price would soar.

BTW, I would like 30% of gross revenue as my commission.. Thank you!
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-16-15 07:42 PM
    I would not keep it and expect it to be sorted out. I'd return it and see if they sort it out on other peoples' phones. Since enough others have said they don't have such heat problems, your phone has some problems. Or return and get another and see how that goes. BUT RETURN THIS ONE!
    I wasn't talking about heat problems. You mustn't have read my previous post... it's the keypad not keepin up with my typing and missing letters out that's the issue.
    I've already tried 2 devices and both do the same for VERY speedy typers like myself. For those who type slowly it isn't a problem.
    I am returning it as this is a SFOTWARE problem, not a HARDWARE problem and I do not know when it will be fixed, or if it will be fixed by BB.
    It does get toasty, but if that's the only problem I had I wouldn't be returning it.
    11-17-15 06:48 AM
    Okay here are some screenshots of temp with CPU-Z. The one with battery temp at 39 is pretty much standard after using lightly for 10 minutes. That is uncomfortably hot. The one with battery temp at 44 is basically egg-frying. Only hit that once during sync. Never had a device get that hot that i can remember.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-16-01-13-21.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	380839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-16-01-44-53.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	380840

I would have done this earlier but the CB app crashes on file upload so this is from my comp

Would love to see temps from all the people who are running cool with no issues.

These are fairly normal temperatures - at least CPU wise. I own a LG G3, G4 and Xperia Z4 - all those devices show temperatures of around 40-50� while doing webbrowsing (using the crappy crackberry website pushes that even further). Using Gmail and some productivity apps usually pushes the tsens_tz_sensors to around 48-52�C. Battery at ~ 40 is normal aswell and is perfectly fine - those battery are rated higher, a lot higher actually. Safe Operating Temperatures for Batterys are around -15-50�C.
    CPUs will usually burst to the high 70�s aswell - that is assumed safe. Doing some gaming on my 3 android devices will push the CPU temp on all of those above 65�C.
    The outside temperature on all of those devices, however, does not exceed 47�C - most of the time it is below 45�C. I checked that myself with my IR gun.
    So, either you guys are little sissies and complain about a device that barely reaches 45�C (which by no account is hot) or your devices are broken. Complaining about the CPU reaching 50-70�C while not having the slightest idea how those temperatures need to be interpreted is terrible.

Check the temperature using an IR thermo or use an IR gun if you have one available but please, do not interprete some readings as "hot" or not "hot". As an example: my Titan X gfx cards are water cooled with a waterchiller attached - I get quite unsettled once the temperature goes above 12�C - a temperature most gamers would love to have on a gfx card at 100% utilization.
    11-17-15 06:49 AM
73 123