That should be fixed on few OS updates following...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I guess it's a software issue and will be rcified when they release te updates. It's just a case of when. I making using the PKB absolutely useless and it's the main reason I bought the phone. Even bckspacing a number o time is slow. I havent edited this post and look at all the missed letters through yping quickly. Aful.
    11-15-15 01:42 PM
    What phone doesn't heat up?

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-15-15 01:43 PM
    I would post a cpu z screenshot of my temperature but the crackberry app keeps crashing when I try to. It is similar to the screenshot the earlier poster had, hitting up to about 53. And that's from web browsing, email, cb app. I am going to try a complete wipe and see if that helps the issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 01:51 PM
    I don't notice anything now that i have a flip Case on now. Battery lasts all day despite heavy use.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-15-15 01:51 PM
    Yeah my battery temp on cpu z is around 39 with what I would consider to be non-strenuous use. Have never seen it get anywhere near 33 which I have seen two posters refer to. Time for a factory reset.

11-15-15 02:14 PM
    Wow there must be a serious issues there

Posted via CB10
    They didn't manually update the apps right out of the box.

BlackBerry should have included a note to have users do that very first thing, or set up an OOB update check like BB10 and force the update.

I don't see this problem going away until they do.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:53 PM

BlackBerry should have included a note to have users do that very first thing, or set up an OOB update check like BB10 and force the update.

Posted via CB10
    Actually in my case I did it (he replied to one of my previous posts). However except once after quite heavy and prolonged use I haven't had heat issues.
    11-15-15 03:59 PM
    As the title said, one week into owning this phone and the main issue I have is the heat this thing throws off. My fingertips always seem to be in a state of pain. The hardshell doesn't help much - the heat goes through it. My battery life is easily one day of solid use and after reading several threads I don't think I have a major drain. Screen is never on too bright. I have now resorted to disabling blackberry services and will try the outlook app instead. If that doesnt help, then this thing may be going back. Would be interested to hear other ideas on how to deal with the heat issue. I have hardly any apps installed, email is push only, gmail sync disabled, no social media or weather apps, etc. Basically I have this thing as barebones as I can and its still barely useable to me, many days, all because of the heat.

so why did you buy a 700 USD smartphone if you have to disable all that stuff that make it a smart phone? just return it man. If you need to disable this and disable that just to use it then this is no better than a 10 year old Nokia phone.
    mister2d and TGR1 like this.
    11-15-15 04:01 PM
    Actually in my case I did it (he replied to one of my previous posts). However except once after quite heavy and prolonged use I haven't had heat issues.
    I'm confused by your wording, it sounds like you're agreeing with me. You updated right away, so you're not experiencing the hardcore heat issues.
    11-15-15 04:19 PM
    so why did you buy a 700 USD smartphone if you have to disable all that stuff that make it a smart phone? just return it man. If you need to disable this and disable that just to use it then this is no better than a 10 year old Nokia phone.
    Short term workaround to disable apps. He obviously didn't anticipate this. You trolling?
    11-15-15 04:21 PM
    I'm confused by your wording, it sounds like you're agreeing with me. You updated right away, so you're not experiencing the hardcore heat issues.
    Yes, that is the case.
    11-15-15 04:49 PM
    No heat issues at all on mine. Not even when it was all updated and installing from day one

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Doing a factory reset right now and this time around the BB apps are included in the list of apps prompted for an immediate update. Was not the case for me before (though I had manually updated).
    11-15-15 05:27 PM
    I have to agree still waiting for my replacement from att.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:44 PM
    No heat issues here. My Priv is cold to the touch and has been on all day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-15-15 05:53 PM
    Ive had the priv for four days now. I don't game,but I do a lot of Web browsing ,emailing,texting. I have no heat issues at all,been on the phone for about an hour now ,can't feel anything

11-15-15 06:38 PM
    Other than getting a little warm, certainly not hot, while doing the initial set up on my Priv, my device is as cool as a cucumber on my 3rd day... :-)

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-15-15 06:49 PM
    you can almost fry your eggs for breakfast!

Overall no issues but an hour ago after 40 minutes of usage watching YouTube and installing apps it got hot.

See CPU-Z stats when hot and now.
    11-15-15 07:06 PM
    It's a built in defrost feature - Waterloo engineers eh
    11-15-15 07:11 PM
    If you use the phone, it's a cooker when syncing, updating and downloading. Hotter than my other droids.

As my boy Charles Barkley would say..."That's Turrible!!"
    11-15-15 08:10 PM
    Someone posted the picture: 50C = 122F - that seems rather HOT.

If the phone is too hot to handle, in the OP's case, it should be returned. One definitely does not want a lithium battery overheating.
    11-15-15 08:18 PM
    Mine gets no more than slightly warm.

11-15-15 08:23 PM
    If people could post either screenshots or stats from CPU-Z, that would be helpful. the battery temperature seems to be a useful benchmark as it fluctuates less than the other sensors, I think. I was at 39 prior to wiping the device, now at around 35. I saw a post from someone saying they were running nice and cool at 33. (battery at 39 is uncomfortably hot - at that point many of the other sensors were registering above 50).
    11-15-15 08:28 PM
    It must be defective. I have had no heat issues at all...not during setup, content transfer, synching or prior to updating all of the apps. I have everything running at the moment with no battery drain issues. Perhaps you should consider swapping it for another one.

Did you update all of the blackberry apps? (Hub, dtek, bb services, calendar, bbm, etc)
    Same experience here. when I was first setting up the phone and downloading a ton of apps/updates mine got a little warm and that's it. After my update on all of the Blackberry core services/apps the phone doesn't even get warm under heavy use.
    11-15-15 08:39 PM
    No heat here. Only some when downloading the original update of all apps. Was surprised to find that I had to manually download the first BlackBerry App updates.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Blackberry Priv
    11-15-15 09:20 PM
73 123