Week 2 on The Priv is in effect. Can't lie: I love this phone! I'm reluctant to go overboard with apps, but there are some I want to look into as they were not available on the Z10. Here's hoping BlackBerry continues to improve and add to the apps they have in the Play Store. I miss Time Shift and the filters and frames from the Z10 camera. Story Maker would have come in handy while at a family memorial this past weekend. What I miss most is BlackBerry Blend. I read so many threads on file managers and ultimately thought Airdroid read as the best replacement. The minute I needed to root my device I chickened out. BlackBerry apps make me feel more safe. Have to venture into the depths of the Play Store...and get played like everyone else does at some point...i mean that in the best way!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    newcollector likes this.
    09-12-16 07:15 PM
    MiniMovie by ASUS is somewhat similar in function to Movie Maker. I recently discovered that Google Photos has the same ability, but haven't tried it yet.

For a file explorer, I use the File Manager by ASUS.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything quite like Blend.

Like you, I miss the things that BB10 could do straight out of the box. But at the same time, I still enjoy the Priv.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    newcollector likes this.
    09-12-16 08:14 PM
    Week 2 on The Priv is in effect. Can't lie: I love this phone! I'm reluctant to go overboard with apps, but there are some I want to look into as they were not available on the Z10. Here's hoping BlackBerry continues to improve and add to the apps they have in the Play Store. I miss Time Shift and the filters and frames from the Z10 camera. Story Maker would have come in handy while at a family memorial this past weekend. What I miss most is BlackBerry Blend. I read so many threads on file managers and ultimately thought Airdroid read as the best replacement. The minute I needed to root my device I chickened out. BlackBerry apps make me feel more safe. Have to venture into the depths of the Play Store...and get played like everyone else does at some point...i mean that in the best way!

You can use Airdroid and wifi file transfer pro without rooting - I do. Besides don't worry about rooting ruining your Priv - it can't be done or, at least, no one has done it so far.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-12-16 08:18 PM
    The closest thing to Blend that I have found is in beta development. You have to go to the devs Web page to get the link to download which takes you to Google Play Store beta section. You must download an app for the phone and for the computer. Appsahead.net the app is called Syncer.
    09-13-16 09:26 AM
    Which developer page?

09-16-16 08:13 AM
    Which developer page?

He may be referring to

Appsahead.net
    09-16-16 11:20 AM
    I wouldn't hold out for the argon if the rumors are true, it is another rebranded Alcatel phone.

Wait for 2017 and see what comes

#whatisclassic
    09-16-16 03:28 PM
    Which developer page?

Go to appsahead.net to download the both of the apps you need. There is a redirect to Google Play Store for the mobile app. You also need to download the one for your computer.
    09-16-16 03:37 PM
    This doesn't look like it has anything to do with Blend? Am I missing something?

09-16-16 06:29 PM
    I didn't think the adjustment to Android would be so pronounced. The little things I appreciated from my Z10 are sorely missed on the Priv. The latest challenge is working around the lack of DLNA connectivity. I searched the forums and the Play Store for a comparable app but there doesn't seem to be one that meets my needs. All I want is to stream media on my phone through my PS4 console. I've tried several and found one that almost did the job. However, it appears to be limited in what file format it can read and the location of the files. I don't want to pay for an app to get functionality I know should be free. Any suggestions

09-17-16 09:57 AM
    I love my Z10, but it's time for an upgrade. Would rather go with a BB Droid than anything else. The question is, should I go with the Priv (from Verizon) or hold out for October when the new flagship (Argon?) is being rumored to drop? The most recent release cycle has seen CDMA variants arrive months after an initial GSM exclusive. As I'm getting impatient, I don't want to upgrade only to find if I waited just a little longer a better device might be available. That is similar to what happened when I got the Z10 and then shortly thereafter the Z30 dropped. Your advice is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    PRIV is almost 1 year old, so there are plenty of better phones if PKB isn't a priority. But then because it's almost 1 year old, makes it cheaper, there are some good deals on the PRIV, that for what is worth, still is a very modern phone, Smartphone market didn't advance much in the last 2 years or so
    09-17-16 02:07 PM
    Ended up going with the Bubble UPnP app. It's the only one that can navigate to where my music is on my SD card. Unfortunately, it has a tendency to cut off songs during playback. It is supposed to handle pics and video too but music playback is really what I've tested the most. (Sigh). Now that I understand how app reliant you become outside of BlackBerry devices, I see where they could do well as as a software company. At the same time, I know any expansion of the apps they offer won't focus on my consumer wishlist for Blend or Story Maker, Time Shift camera mode, etc. Still love the Priv, but good gotdamn do I miss the baked in BlackBerry goodness.

FF22 likes this.
    09-17-16 02:11 PM
37 12