I should specify I'm on Verizon. I understand marshmallow may never come. That said I'm looking for some advice:

How should I transfer my data, accounts, Photos, etc?

What can I do to make the android experience more like BB10?

Any settings that should be enabled or disabled to maximize the battery life?

Thanks!

Z10 | STL100-4 | Verizon Wireless | 10.2.1.2228
    09-30-16 06:51 PM
    I should specify I'm on Verizon. I understand marshmallow may never come. That said I'm looking for some advice:

How should I transfer my data, accounts, Photos, etc?

What can I do to make the android experience more like BB10?

Any settings that should be enabled or disabled to maximize the battery life?

Thanks!

Content Transfer is available in both Google Playstore and BBWorld. It can transfer a lot of info. If you use Gmail and sync, if you establish the account on the Priv, it can sync Calendar and Contacts. I manually moved music, video, photos and docs myself. Actually, a lot of those reside on my computer in the MAIN copies/versions. So I just copy stuff to sdcard.

Keep the screen backlight slow really helps save power. Some turn off wifi, bt, etc but I leave it on all of the time.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-30-16 08:03 PM
    Download the content transfer app on both devices and follow the instructions. Do the Z10 first
    09-30-16 08:04 PM
    I have not had any battery issues or overheating problems with my Verizon Priv. I don't do anything in particular to maximize. The screen tends to be the biggest draw on mine.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-16 08:07 PM
    Thanks, guys. Any tips for settings to make android more like bb10?

09-30-16 09:01 PM
    Ditto to above and as recommended, and speaking from frustrated experience, move your media (music and photos) to your card first or copy to your computer and then load them on the Priv. Content Transfer works great for everything else but media literally takes forever.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    09-30-16 09:22 PM
    Very good thread...I too am on Verizon and just cracked open a new Priv today...thanks for the advice everyone.
    09-30-16 10:51 PM
    Version STILL doesn't have marshmallow? Sheesh.. I've been out of the loop. That's rough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-01-16 12:03 AM
    I've found turning off 'adaptive brightness' helps--which to me seems counterintuitive. Syncing email 'forever' also (in my case) made my Priv hiccup. I'm currently using Smart Launcher Pro and have it setup to where I can swipe to get to the Hub (although it isn't quite as quick and elegant as BB10, but works). I grew excited when I saw a widget was introduced for the Hub, but discovered I preferred my present setup (it was more a visual preference, as the widget at max is not quite fullscreen) .

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 12:23 AM