So the only smartphones I have ever had have been blackberries. My wife has an iphone so I know a bit of ios. But I have never touched an android os and my priv arrives tomorrow so getting worried about leaving bbos. After researching and reading a lot of threads, any general advice on lessons learned that will make learning android easier?

Also a few questions I have that I can't find answers to:

1. My lock screen on my pp allows be to click on things like my email icon and I see the 3 most recent emails by sender and subject line. Can the lock screen in android do this? I use this a lot.
    2. Bedside mode - any consensus on the best and easiest way to make this on android? I love bedside mode and am worried about losing it.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 10:19 PM
    There is no bedside mode on the Priv.
    11-24-16 10:55 PM
    So the only smartphones I have ever had have been blackberries. My wife has an iphone so I know a bit of ios. But I have never touched an android os and my priv arrives tomorrow so getting worried about leaving bbos. After researching and reading a lot of threads, any general advice on lessons learned that will make learning android easier?

1. My lock screen on my pp allows be to click on things like my email icon and I see the 3 most recent emails by sender and subject line. Can the lock screen in android do this? I use this a lot.
    2. Bedside mode - any consensus on the best and easiest way to make this on android? I love bedside mode and am worried about losing it.

Posted via CB10
    1. You can set the level of privacy so that some stuff will show. I've got it set to hide most stuff. Not sure how much you can show.

2. The Clock app can show a dim clock. There's a Notification setting that allows you to create Quiet Times between certain hours and I think have some sounds but not all. There's also a Do-Not-Disturb from quick settings that can vary what comes across.
    11-24-16 11:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just curious... how long did it take from the time you ordered the priv until you received shipping confirmation?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 08:12 AM
    Just curious... how long did it take from the time you ordered the priv until you received shipping confirmation?

Posted via CB10
    Mine was about 36 hours for shipping confirmation. I ordered Monday around noon and got an email wed morning at 2a. Delivery is expected today. From looking at the tracking data, it would have been delivered yesterday, if there were not a holiday

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-25-16 10:15 AM
    Mine was about 36 hours for shipping confirmation. I ordered Monday around noon and got an email wed morning at 2a. Delivery is expected today. From looking at the tracking data, it would have been delivered yesterday, if there were not a holiday

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Thanks. I ordered mine Wednesday night so I imagine I can expect it next Wednesday, approximately.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 10:21 AM
    Thanks. I ordered mine Wednesday night so I imagine I can expect it next Wednesday, approximately.

Posted via CB10
    Are you in the US?

11-25-16 10:26 AM
    Are you in the US?

No, I'm in Canada

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 10:58 AM
    I'd imagine you'll get it within 3-4 days from the order date

11-25-16 11:32 AM
    I think once you get past the obvious differences between BB10 and BlackBerry's version of Android, you'll find that you'll enjoy the Priv as much as your PP.
    Francis Sandall likes this.
    11-25-16 11:44 AM
    I ordered Tuesday night and I got mine today. Shipped from guelph to ottawa.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 09:35 PM
    I ordered Tuesday night and I got mine today. Shipped from guelph to ottawa.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't aware Digital River had a distribution center in Guelph. I ordered mine Wednesday night and am in Niagara so it'll be interesting to see how long mine takes.

Be sure to let us know your first impressions.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 09:57 PM
    I think once you get past the obvious differences between BB10 and BlackBerry's version of Android, you'll find that you'll enjoy the Priv as much as your PP.
    Have to agree. I was in the same boat, my only previous smartphones were Blackberries. Coming from BlackBerry OS10 to Android was scary. But nearly a month later and it's pretty much been seamless.
    Francis Sandall likes this.
    11-25-16 11:01 PM
    I'm still swiping from the left edge to try to see the hub. That's one habit that will take a long time to break.

No question, BB10 is faster and more intuitive. But I'm finding that with Android, I'm not holding my nose nearly as hard as I thought I would. All you have to do is pay a little for ad-free apps, and most of the lag, battery drain and data usage issues will vanish. My Priv gets plugged in at night with 30% battery remaining, just like my Passport used to.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-25-16 11:36 PM