I am trying to move from Verizon to Straight Talk or Total Wireless. Has anyone been able to do this?

I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find an answer. Spoke with 4 different ST support reps and they all say me IMEI is not allowed to be activated. The problem is no one could tell me why. They told me no one would be able to give me an answer as to what would qualify or disqualify a phone.

I have also sent out a few pms to some crackberry users who may have used the service but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm in a rural area where verizon is the only carrier with reliable service, so I am stuck with their CDMA towers for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-08-17 08:27 AM
    I am trying to move from Verizon to Straight Talk or Total Wireless. Has anyone been able to do this?

I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find an answer. Spoke with 4 different ST support reps and they all say me IMEI is not allowed to be activated. The problem is no one could tell me why. They told me no one would be able to give me an answer as to what would qualify or disqualify a phone.

I have also sent out a few pms to some crackberry users who may have used the service but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm in a rural area where verizon is the only carrier with reliable service, so I am stuck with their CDMA towers for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    So if Verizon is the only reliable carrier for you and you have a Verizon PRIV...... Why are you switching? Am I misunderstanding your objective?
    12-08-17 09:41 AM
    It is going to be significantly cheaper to use Straight Talk. Also simpler with no contracts, or added fees.
    12-08-17 10:29 AM
    It is going to be significantly cheaper to use Straight Talk. Also simpler with no contracts, or added fees.
    Straight Talk might be unsatisfactory coverage unless already tested on your end. Total Wireless is a Verizon MVNO I think so that should provide good coverage.

Is there any money owed to Verizon on phone or account linked to phone?
    12-08-17 10:45 AM
    They piggy back on verizons network and I know others in my area who are on ST without issue. ST and Total Wireless are both owned by Trac phone. Hopefully either one would work.

The phone is payed for, there are no outstanding charges, it is unlocked and is working on Verizons network.
    12-08-17 10:52 AM
    They piggy back on verizons network and I know others in my area who are on ST without issue. ST and Total Wireless are both owned by Trac phone. Hopefully either one would work.

The phone is payed for, there are no outstanding charges, it is unlocked and is working on Verizons network.
    Can you quickly borrow a sim card from someone and see if it works in your phone as is? It might not work if the imei needs to be registered.
    12-08-17 11:04 AM
    FF22, not easily, but that is certainly worth trying. I agree that if it is required to register the imei, then seems like nothing can be done. Extremely frustrating when they can't tell me why it won't activate.

Probably couldn't hurt to just buy an activation kit to see. I was just really hoping someone on here had already been through this and had it working.
    12-08-17 12:18 PM
    Huh. I've been considering doing this as well, so I just used their online tool to check and they said my phone won't work either. That's too bad. I wonder if the VZ KeyOne can do it.
    Whatever system they use to do this check has to be the same system they use to actually transfer the phone, so I'll be surprised if you have any luck with the activation kit. But they're pretty cheap, so what the hell, why not.
    12-08-17 02:02 PM
    How did this end up anyway?
    12-11-17 02:54 PM
    I just got a Blackberry PRIV to use on Total Wireless, but I have no 4G....just 3G. at first, I had no data connection when not connected to a Wi-Fi network. I can edit or add [he APN settings, and I'm lost.
    04-27-18 11:22 PM