How do accounts work on the Priv? On stock Android you sign into accounts via settings. I presume you can do this to in the same way, such as Gmail/Google accounts. But, my question lies, do these accounts integrate automatically into the Hub, or does the Hub function as an entirely separate app that requires manual adding of accounts?

For example, if I were to set up my Priv with my Google account, would Hub automatically pull my Gmail?

--STV
    11-07-15 02:30 PM
    The HUB will automatically work with email, sms, bbm, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. Just download and sign in to the relavent app, and the HUB will do the rest.

The integration of other apps into the HUB will have to wait until the respective developers make provisions.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-07-15 02:34 PM
    How will the hub integrated with android drag down notification ? Will it have double notification (from android and hub?)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 02:36 PM
    How will the hub integrated with android drag down notification ? Will it have double notification (from android and hub?)

Initially they were all duplicated, but apparently newer updates to the HUB app, along with some settings adjustments, are managing to clear some of the redundancies. A work in progress.

11-07-15 02:40 PM
    Initially they were all duplicated, but apparently newer updates to the HUB app, along with some settings adjustments, are managing to clear some of the redundancies. A work in progress.

Ic ... it must be frustating to get double notification. Thx for your information

11-07-15 02:44 PM
    Do I need to do something special for this? For example, I have my gmail account (which is also the one i used to activate the phone), and the gmail app works, i get android notifications for emails etc, however nothing in the Hub. I can add it to the Hub an account and it works (kind of, no imap idle support), but then I also get duplicated notifications.

I am running Hub 1.1.0.4753
    11-07-15 03:03 PM
    Do I need to do something special for this? For example, I have my gmail account (which is also the one i used to activate the phone), and the gmail app works, i get android notifications for emails etc, however nothing in the Hub. I can add it to the Hub an account and it works (kind of, no imap idle support), but then I also get duplicated notifications.

This is what I was afraid of. BlackBerry needs to make this seamless or there is no point to the Hub.

--STV
    11-07-15 03:08 PM
    This is what I was afraid of. BlackBerry needs to make this seamless or there is no point to the Hub.

--STV
    I can appreciate your point of view, but many Android sites seem to love it. I'm sure it will improve.

11-07-15 03:18 PM
    So far, this is an android phone with a keyboard, not a blackberry (to me at least). Now I am torn as to what to do...

1. Switch back to my BB10 device and hope development continues? I have damaged trust due to Playbook situation. Several android apps which do not work on BB10 would make life easier for me, but I can live without them assuming BB10 really isnt going to fade away.
    2. Bite the bullet and stick with the Priv and just accept Android as my future but be thankful for the physical keyboard?
    2a. try to embrace the blackberry hub for Android and hope it evolves over time to include Google Talk, Hangouts etc?
    2b. assume the hub will never be what it was for BB10 and my alerts will always be fragmented, and embrace the android notifications way of life?
    11-07-15 03:18 PM

Go into your account settings and send me a screen shot of your sync frequency. Make sure you've got use push if supported on. Not all accounts support push either (server side thing).

Also, the Hub can't automatically pick up your Gmail account other than the address. You need to add your email accounts in the app.

For duplicate notifications just turn the notifications off in Gmail if you don't want them duplicated.

11-07-15 10:25 PM
    So does the Hub automatically adopt (currently supported) communication accounts or not?

My question is the same for BlackBerry Calendar. They promise to have the best calendar experience yet if it doesn't automatically adopt your accounts from the Android OS then no thanks, Google Calendar.

--STV
    11-09-15 06:16 AM
    No, that's not technically possible for email or calendars. You need to sign into the account in the app to give it permission to access the data.

Things like BBM, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and your call logs are the ones that get automatically integrated after you've downloaded the app and logged into it.
    11-09-15 07:42 AM
    No, that's not technically possible for email or calendars. You need to sign into the account in the app to give it permission to access the data.

Things like BBM, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and your call logs are the ones that get automatically integrated after you've downloaded the app and logged into it.
    You mean automatically integrated into Hub?

Well that's a slight disappointment regarding the email, since stock Android automatically integrates your accounts.

Perhaps equally important or even more so is does the Hub on Android support folders designed with Gmail support in mind, e.g., does it allow direct viewing and filing to the pseudo-folder/not-really-a-folder "All Mail," and/or archiving, not to start that argument again, but this is important for true Google support.

--STV: considering the Priv
    11-09-15 07:48 AM
    Since it seems the Hub on Android has some ways to go, you can also just use your Gmail accounts like any other Android phone and not even sign in to the Hub, right?

11-15-15 01:37 PM
    Since it seems the Hub on Android has some ways to go, you can also just use your Gmail accounts like any other Android phone and not even sign in to the Hub, right?

Yes, if you'd like. But don't let all this Hub bashing taint your pint of view before you use it. It's already pretty good, and it wil get better with each update.

11-15-15 01:57 PM
    So how is that handled if your Google Account is tied to a NON-Gmail email address?

I asked in another thread about using a Google Account with a regular ISP email address, and some responded that it still works. Would my cox.net email address be added automatically to the Hub when logging into my Google Account during setup? Would it be added to the Gmail client email app built into the android OS?

I'd like to know what to expect.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:57 PM
    So how is that handled if your Google Account is tied to a NON-Gmail email address?

I asked in another thread about using a Google Account with a regular ISP email address, and some responded that it still works. Would my cox.net email address be added automatically to the Hub when logging into my Google Account during setup? Would it be added to the Gmail client email app built into the android OS?

I'd like to know what to expect.

Posted via CB10
    You would get the features of the Google Account that are not tied to a Gmail account. So Google Play, News, Drive, etc. However, you will not have Gmail, Calendar, or Contacts as those are not owned by Google for your Cox account. You would add that account separately as an IMAP email account in the Hub or Gmail app.

11-15-15 02:02 PM
    You would get the features of the Google Account that are not tied to a Gmail account. So Google Play, News, Drive, etc. However, you will not have Gmail, Calendar, or Contacts as those are not owned by Google for your Cox account. You would add that account separately as an IMAP email account in the Hub or Gmail app.

Cool. That's perfect. Just what I was hoping for. I want to avoid ever having to use a Gmail address - even as a dummy address.
    11-15-15 02:32 PM
    Ic ... it must be frustating to get double notification. Thx for your information

I have email, SMS, and Twitter integrated into BlackBerry Hub without any duplicate notification but you might have to integrate the accounts after updating all BlackBerry applications and rebooting. The clearing of notification in the application might take time after you acknowledge it in BlackBerry Hub.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 03:22 PM
    I like the Priv phone but having my personal mail and company mail in separate places I too much to bear. The Hub on the Priv does not work with Good and from what I hear neither does it for BES12.

I am holding on to the Priv to see if this feature comes, but will continue to use my Passport. Working wide has its Privileges more than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:14 PM