According to a reddit user. He got a chance to play with the slider. He says everything seems to be top notch in terms of specs, but thee os is running android with a BlackBerry layer on top. A little disappointing that it's not running bb10...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:30 PM
    Oh well we will find out the real truth later this year.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-05-15 10:33 PM
    If he said that the OS is buggy and battery life is horrendous, then I don't see this phone releasing in November.

A BlackBerry 10 version releasing in November maybe. But not the android version.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:34 PM
    Oh well we will find out the real truth later this year.
    I wouldn't mind if there were two versions one with bb10 and one with android. But if there's only an android version, that kills me a little, might actually have to jump ship to ios

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:35 PM
    I wouldn't mind if there were two versions one with bb10 and one with android. But if there's only an android version, that kills me a little, might actually have to jump ship to ios

Posted via CB10
    why your BB your'e using now still works.
    07-05-15 10:36 PM
    If he said that the OS is buggy and battery life is horrendous, then I don't see this phone releasing in November.

A BlackBerry 10 version releasing in November maybe. But not the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say that just curious. Two months to finalize the phone, the next two for production?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:36 PM
    Could you post a link to where he said this. Just curious to see what other comments there are.

If it has a BlackBerry layer that essentially imitates BB10's appearance and to an extent swipe gestures, I'm in.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-05-15 10:55 PM
    Why do you say that just curious. Two months to finalize the phone, the next two for production?

Posted via CB10
    I doubt BlackBerry can fix anything in two months...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:56 PM
    Could you post a link to where he said this. Just curious to see what other comments there are.

If it has a BlackBerry layer that essentially imitates BB10's appearance and to an extent swipe gestures, I'm in.

Posted via CB10
    My Thoughts On BlackBerry Venice - http://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/c...kberry_venice/ via Reddit in Motion

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:58 PM
    BlackBerry seldom releases when they say they will. Personally I don't see this being released until early next year, which would mean missing Christmas sales again like always

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    07-05-15 11:37 PM
    BlackBerry seldom releases when they say they will. Personally I don't see this being released until early next year, which would mean missing Christmas sales again like always

Posted via CB10
    The z30 and passport were both released before christmas...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:18 AM
    I wouldnt want a BlackBerry strictly running android! Whats next? A Lambourghini with a 4 cyl hyundai tuscon engine under the hood?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 03:18 AM
    I wouldnt want a BlackBerry strictly running android! Whats next? A Lambourghini with a 4 cyl hyundai tuscon engine under the hood?
    im with you there

07-06-15 03:50 AM
    BB should have their OS running on Samsung phones.
    07-06-15 04:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes a link would be good , just what he said with no comments,lol
    07-06-15 07:02 AM
    I don't honestly believe that they are getting ready to release an android phone. For starters, BlackBerry has had every single one of their phones running android within company headquarters for quite some time now. They do this for testing. Some noob probably saw it thought that they were switching.

Secondly, what I think people could be seeing is the phone version of the Secusmart tablet. An android phone, built by Samsung with BlackBerry security and productivity apps. This is honestly what makes the most sense when you take into account all of the evidence that we have.
    07-06-15 07:48 AM
    I don't honestly believe that they are getting ready to release an android phone. For starters, BlackBerry has had every single one of their phones running android within company headquarters for quite some time now. They do this for testing. Some noob probably saw it thought that they were switching.

Secondly, what I think people could be seeing is the phone version of the Secusmart tablet. An android phone, built by Samsung with BlackBerry security and productivity apps. This is honestly what makes the most sense when you take into account all of the evidence that we have.
    Well done ,this I can relate to,lol
    07-06-15 07:55 AM
    interesting read. wasnt happy to hear about the bugginess haha, but having loaded leaks since the first leask was ever available for a bb10 os, i am not surprised, and am comforted by the fact that official releases dont have these bugs or are all mostly squashed!

As long as its not laggy. that is all that matters!
    07-06-15 11:16 AM

A fuel efficient Lamborghini lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:28 AM
    oopse double post
    07-06-15 11:37 AM
    BB should have their OS running on Samsung phones.
    Samsung cant do it unless they break free of android rules and regulations, BB is not apart of the OHA meaning samsung cant run a forked android the way BB does it.
    07-06-15 11:37 AM
    The z30 and passport were both released before christmas...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, and I got my Z30 in December 2013; best decision I ever made!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-06-15 12:04 PM
    My Thoughts On BlackBerry Venice - My Thoughts On BlackBerry Venice : blackberry via Reddit in Motion

Posted via CB10
    The OS... its multilayered. It’s android but its first layer is BlackBerry.
    Reminds me the Android Player (add the battery life problem and I'm even more sure), not an Android powered device. But moreover, I have no doubt BlackBerry is actually capable of running any version of Android within BB10, being with "enhanced" Player, or as a "running on top" OS (hypervisor) or even as a standalone OS on BB10 HW ... on a tweaked prototype.

IMHO this is not the point. The point is Google / BlackBerry relationship and until we see something spectacular in this area ... I don't buy it as a soon-to-be-commercialized device. A prototype, that is and remains such.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-06-15 at 12:46 PM.
    7onZ likes this.
    07-06-15 12:29 PM
    Yes a link would be good , just what he said with no comments,lol
    Someone already posted the link here

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 12:49 PM
    Someone already posted the link here
    Posted via CB10
    My Thoughts On BlackBerry Venice - My Thoughts On BlackBerry Venice : blackberry via Reddit in Motion

Posted via CB10
    Note: I cannot provide picture proof. All employee prototypes have a serial number embedded into the screen to deter photo evidence being leaked. I’m not an employee of BlackBerry, but a church band group I do audio and lighting for is. Also note that I have used the phone for a full 5 minutes, thus my opinions and knowledge will be limited to what he has told me.

First, is physical feel. The phone is feels light and looks professional. Very thin, maybe too thin for my liking especially when the screen is up to reveal the keyboard. But this is interesting because due to the thinness of the phone, you’d never actually know theres a keyboard. Think of this as the torch, but its bigger, and doesn’t feel cheap and plastic-like. On a design note, the glass (which has curved edges, like the Samsung Edge) has a raised bezel to push the screen up. Subtle and smart.
    Next, the keyboard. I used for the two seconds and I truly miss my Bold 9900. The keyboard works like the Passport, with swipe gestures. Feels good. I (with big thumbs) had no problems typing. When the keyboard is hidden, an on-screen keyboard appears and seems to have a lot better typing experience than my Z10.
    The camera... its got an 8MP on the front, and an 18MP on the back. Dual-colour flash.
    The OS... its multilayered. It’s android but its first layer is BlackBerry. Basically your phone is running Lollipop with BlackBerry’s security features added. Theres an app for these features to control permissions and such. That being said, there is Google Play services. Finally.
    Initial Prototype feel... according to him (my friend, the employee) the phone is buggy and the battery life is awful. This isn’t something thats surprising. So I hope and assume that for the consumer release, it’ll have better battery life and a very fluid response. That being said, I did not have time to ask him about hardware specifications.
    At the end of the day, I think I’ll op for this phone instead of an S6 or OnePlus. Price will ultimately be the deciding factor, but this phone looks, feels, and is for real. I perfect balance of a professional sharp looking phone with BlackBerry’s high level of security and the Google Play services we’ve all been asking for. 10/10 would buy.

07-06-15 12:57 PM
113 123 ...