According to Google's Project Zero security vulnerability testing team, second-party (not Android core code) software added to Android handset OS are a key source of security flaws... I hope for BlackBerry's sake they can prove they're better.

Project Zero: Hack The Galaxy: Hunting Bugs in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    11-03-15 08:55 PM
    Google literally has some of the best whitehat hackers in the world, being indirectly responsible for patches that came to BB10 on open source software vulnerabilities. Samsung has spent alot of time on securing KNOX but the rest of Touchwiz is open season where functionality has priority over good security practices. It'd be good if the Project Zero team goes on to test other OEM overlays. My guess is the more an OEM has modified Android the more security holes it has.

Perhaps thats a reason PRIV is pretty close to stock. BB didn't want to delve into that deep water until it has more Android experience.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    11-03-15 09:15 PM
    That would be an interesting result if they manage to get into the Galaxy 6 line
    11-03-15 09:27 PM
    That email client one is intense, I wonder if that list is updated, as its from July - and its still unfixed according to that website.

direct link if anyone wants to read: https://code.google.com/p/google-sec...=494&q=samsung
    11-03-15 09:36 PM