EskeRahn, I just don't understand why this AAW068 is such a mystery. I tried switching off my PRIV, I even took out the SIM card and replace it. I also did a factory reset. I connected to the WiFi. None seems to get the update notice.

I wish BlackBerry could be more supportive and transparent with information on this update.

Very frustrating ������
    ...If you are REALLY impatient, and have the time for it, there might be a path to force it through - note that it will wipe EVERYTHING!!
    If you apply an Autoloader, that is NOT the latest, it should after boot be offered any OTA update, and I think it unlikely that you would be offered an old update...

But you would need an autoloader that is NOT the newest. Thurask keep a repository that is available here: https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5JWTVRg8fv5LyhA (as conite posted some comments ago)

So if you are currently on an unbranded Priv with AAQ280 you could apply common-AAO484

But it is not something done in a few minutes...

The process is described on this page (with the newest Autoloaders linked)
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload
    Note: After installing any of the OS files, any applicable OS updates will be downloaded, and installed after smartphone is reloaded successfully using the steps above
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-13-18 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added quote
    04-13-18 08:12 PM
    EskeRahn, since you have done the update may I please ask you what difference have you seen on your Priv?

2. What is the kernel version and date?

3. Are Icons the same?
    I have not seen any changes, except the build number and kernel version, I have put a few screen dumps here https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2137
    I have a slight feeling that it uses battery slower when idle - but it might be just wishful thinking, and requires more time. Could be that an update in it self cleans up things, so even if true, it could be temporary only.
    04-13-18 08:16 PM
    EskeRahn Thanks for your reply. I noticed that your PRIV is a STV100-1. My PRIV is a STV100-4.o

I have been wondering if the update AAW068 may have something to do with Facebook since BlackBerry is in legal battle with Facebook. Could this unexpected update released have to do with a connection with Facebook and Cambridge Analytica?
    04-13-18 08:42 PM
    My error, my PRIV is a STV100-4 unlocked.
    04-13-18 08:44 PM
    EskeRahn Thanks for your reply. I noticed that your PRIV is a STV100-1. My PRIV is a STV100-4.o

I have been wondering if the update AAW068 may have something to do with Facebook since BlackBerry is in legal battle with Facebook. Could this unexpected update released have to do with a connection with Facebook and Cambridge Analytica?
    Your guess is at least as good as mine - I'm clueless.

I think I recall from another post that someone with "-4" got it, have not seen mentioned others with "-1" that got it.
    04-13-18 08:48 PM

PS I haven't got Faecesbook installed on mine, and IF it was a patch related to that, I guess it would have reinstalled it. I think it is more likely that it is a severe vulnerability patch.
    04-13-18 09:00 PM

Lol. No.

Likely Meltdown/Spectre.
    EskeRahn and bibbula like this.
    04-13-18 10:35 PM
    I have a slight feeling that it uses battery slower when idle - but it might be just wishful thinking, and requires more time. Could be that an update in it self cleans up things, so even if true, it could be temporary only.
    After eight hours (mostly) while I was asleep it is still at 100% battery - so this is a good start...
    04-14-18 03:55 AM
    Likely Meltdown/Spectre.
    Seems likely, but why wouldn't they be 'bragging' about having fixed it, if they had?
    (but it DOES match the around 100MB for the patch for the DTEKs that some claims have these patches https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/02/1...-and-meltdown/ )

Maybe it is merely mitigations and not fixes, and this could be why BB are reluctant to 'brag' about it.
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-14-18 at 06:04 AM.
    04-14-18 04:12 AM
    Hello,

Still no update.

Using factory unlocked shop BlackBerry
    04-14-18 08:51 AM
    Guess it's not my turn yet
    04-14-18 08:52 AM
    STV100-4 from UK BB Shop and factory unlocked. Updated via otafix on 4 April whilst in Switzerland. Just had to deal with play services, didn't have to reinstall all apps.
    04-14-18 09:13 AM
    Just got around to logging in on laptop and went thru the Mega link posted. I started downloading the entire thing and saw it was massive lol so stopped it and saw I can pick and choose what to grab.
    So which am I grabbing in my case??
    Att debloated/debranded stv1

Thanx!
    04-14-18 12:55 PM
    Just got around to logging in on laptop and went thru the Mega link posted. I started downloading the entire thing and saw it was massive lol so stopped it and saw I can pick and choose what to grab.
    So which am I grabbing in my case??
    Att debloated/debranded stv1

Thanx!
    I would suggest AA0486, but there is no guarantee that the trick will work - I just assume it will.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    04-14-18 03:12 PM
    I have a factory unlocked STV100-4 and still nothing...
    Me, too. (Germany)
    04-14-18 04:26 PM
    After eight hours (mostly) while I was asleep it is still at 100% battery - so this is a good start...
    Now after over 21 hours it is at 96%
    Sure it has been a day with almost no active usage, but still it does seem REALLY promising!! It could seem that they with AAW068 finally have removed almost all background waste. Let us see what the status is at in the morning...

Of course it will still burn battery when used. But would be great if it would not when it is supposed to be idle...

UPDATE: After 54 hours it is at 83%.
    So it -at best- uses around 1/3 %/h - and it was so previously too, so good, not better.
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-16-18 at 02:36 AM. Reason: update
    04-14-18 05:57 PM
    EskeRahn now that you have the update AAW068 for a while have you noticed any significant performance improvement and does it add additional features and icons to the PRIV?

I have valued BlackBerry communication in the past, however on this occasion BlackBerry has failed to offer any clarification with this update?
    04-15-18 02:49 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...f456/v-1140649
    EskeRahn now that you have the update AAW068 for a while have you noticed any significant performance improvement and does it add additional features and icons to the PRIV?

I have valued BlackBerry communication in the past, however on this occasion BlackBerry has failed to offer any clarification with this update?
    I see no changes what so ever, so I think conite is right, that it is an update for Spectre/Meltdown. Perhaps not fixes but only mitigations. That COULD explain why BB are not 'bragging' about having fixed them...

But it is REALLY odd hat they are absolutely silent.

ADD: As mentioned in this thread, SnoopSnitch does not see any changes among what their heuristics are looking for
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-15-18 at 03:18 PM. Reason: add
    04-15-18 03:08 PM
    It would be helpful to stop all speculations and fake news.

I'll see what this new week brings? Yet no update notice!
    04-15-18 03:24 PM
    It would be helpful to stop all speculations and fake news.

I'll see what this new week brings? Yet no update notice!
    Indeed it would... I'm daily trying to google for news on the AAW068 hoping that SOMEONE posts something somewhere - hopefully someone with some authority...
    04-15-18 03:40 PM
    Let's remain hopeful BlackBerry will do the ethical thing to stop all speculations and fake news.
    04-15-18 04:06 PM
    I would suggest AA0486, but there is no guarantee that the trick will work - I just assume it will.
    Ok. Grabbing it now. Like 2gigs.
    So this is all I need out of all of those files in the mega link for autoloader stv 1 att debranded/deboated?

Just checking.
    Thanx all
    04-15-18 04:12 PM
    Ok. Grabbing it now. Like 2gigs.
    So this is all I need out of all of those files in the mega link for autoloader stv 1 att debranded/deboated?

Just checking.
    Thanx all
    Yes (and a USB cable to connect it to a Windows PC)
    04-15-18 04:22 PM
    Let's remain hopeful BlackBerry will do the ethical thing to stop all speculations and fake news.
    Wow, Blackberry pushed an update to the Priv, living up to their statement that, despite ending support and monthly updates, they would update if there is a serious threat, provided they could get their vendors support in doing so, and people still find something to complain about. Unreal.
    04-15-18 04:52 PM
    UK STV100-4 shopBB on O2 network.

Can't offer any extra info .I've always had quick Notifications last year, so was pleased to get this one a week ago but cautious about installation, given stories on this thread. Installed on Thursday (12/4) OK with OTA fix. Been working OK since then.

I've not noticed any real difference in performance or battery usage so far. Usage is mainly just emails, news / sports (F1), and browser. I don't do social media!

Cheers - (paranoid ex IT veteran)
    EskeRahn likes this.
    04-15-18 05:00 PM
708 ... 7891011 ...