I only got about 18 months out of my last PRIV. The overheating is likely the result of a bad processor in my case. My symptoms were overheating an d constant rebooting. I even tried replacing the battery, that was the last resort. Then I got an unlocked new phone and spent about 12 hrs. downloading the 6.1 OS upgrade security patches and reconfiguring.
    A PS on this. 18 months is quite lo for a battery. There is a limitted number of times a battery can be charges BUT it also matters HOW you charge (and discharge) it. If e.g. the battery is always kept hear 100% it dies quicker. The temperature matters a lot too... So if it is not due to the specimen being sick from the start, you might consider if changing your charging habits could improve the overall battery life time.
    See the lengthy story in e.g. this and other posts
    https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2027
    Some all the way back from 2012 that still holds
    In the simplest easy to do thumb of rule version:

● Try to charge fully and deplete to about 40-50%bc
    ● Once in a while drain battery deep to get calibration right
    ● Keep phone on desk/in bag, avoid pockets, to keep cool.
    ● Leave phone idle while charging (e.g. while sleeping).

(Not keeping a phone in the pocket also gives better signal strength and this improves the stamina too)
    07-17-18 12:23 AM
    We should retitle the EskeRahn PRIV help thread..... Awesome stuff and very helpful.....
    Rico4you and EskeRahn like this.
    07-17-18 06:53 AM
    Hi there, I would like to ask you guy I have blackberry Priv and I tried to update the system even with the steps of the website after downloading the update and restart the phone it says there error, is there someone face the same thing and is the solution?
    07-17-18 08:33 AM
    Hi there, I would like to ask you guy I have blackberry Priv and I tried to update the system even with the steps of the website after downloading the update and restart the phone it says there error, is there someone face the same thing and is the solution?
    Yes, you could solve the problem by doing a "FACTORY RESET" the rest is as usual with updates.

Please bear in mind this will wipe all the information and settings on the phone.

You may "FIRST" want to back up the phone.

Also, exercise patience with the updates. Since "GOOGLE" has implemented their security app check it may seem that the phone is bricked as nothing looks to be happening. However in the background "GOOGLE" Play Protect is being installed.

This will take quite a few minutes.

Once it is finished installing all the other apps updates will begin to install.

You may also get the notice that "GOOGLE" Play Services needs to update for other apps to update.

Once you have done the phone should be as a new fresh phone unless there is a hardware problem with the phone.

Good luck and do give your feedback.
    07-17-18 07:25 PM
    I guess we would need to know a bit more on the errors you get to be able to help.

But in general you have sort of an 'escalator' to try, first a simple restart

Second a "factory reset", that wipes the user data

And thirdly to apply a new Autoloader. (Also wipes everything)

All the usual updates are accumulative, and IF something did not go 100% as planned in just one of these updates, the accumulated update MIGHT not be 100% the same as applying a fresh complete image.
    (We all know that if a Windows installation begin to act oddly a clean install have always done wonders from the very first windows versions - this is sort of the similar thing)

Of course applying an Autoloader is cumbersome, as it takes a while to fetch and apply, but at the least you are sure about the state of the device afterwards.
    07-18-18 01:47 AM
    We should retitle the EskeRahn PRIV help thread..... Awesome stuff and very helpful.....
    He he - glad that I can help. But actually you are right there are a lot of stuff that is not limited to AAW068 in this thread. So maybe a moderator should split it in a general Priv-help thread and keep the AAW068 related here.
    07-18-18 01:56 AM
    So is it correct that this update not been made available to AT&T Privs?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-18 01:33 AM
    So is it correct that this update not been made available to AT&T Privs?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, unfortunately in general.
    Only available to the portion of those that were whitelisted for OTA updates to non-branded software.
    (that is basically those sold abroad, that had never been on AT&T's net per some date in the fall of 2016 - the precise requirements are not known)
    07-22-18 03:22 AM
708 ... 272829