Well unless this is supposed to be a back slapping closed club, I find it quite natural, that those of us that can't find what we wish for, but find what we have the least bad available option, vent our frustration. Of course it can be done in multiple ways - to each their own.

Personally I would even go as far as a touch only device before a Key½ - but again, to each their own.
    Imagine where the world would be if everyone just held their tongue?????

Thanks to all those with courage to let their voices heard we're no longer living in the stone age in caves.
    06-30-18 05:56 PM
    DJ spin that record.
    Imagine where the world would be if everyone just held their tongue?????

Thanks to all those with courage to let their voices heard we're no longer living in the stone age in caves.
    06-30-18 06:16 PM
    DJ spin that record.
    Hopefully, "CELEBRATION" by "Kool and the Gang???????
    06-30-18 06:34 PM
    Something is venting which can be respectful...Something else is going on and on and on like a broken record.
    I certainly agree on that one (and I share the frustration on that too...).
    But that easily puts the question who is to judge? Different upbringing - including different nationalities - can have different limits.

...There are at the least one known example of the most rude and ill behaved person even getting a presidency...
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 06-30-18 at 08:43 PM.
    06-30-18 08:21 PM
    Hopefully, "CELEBRATION" by "Kool and the Gang???????
    I think a more suitable record for you might be " I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones.
    Or maybe "It's The Same Old Song" by the Four Tops.
    EskeRahn, Rico4you and bibbula like this.
    07-01-18 03:49 AM
    I think a more suitable record for you might be " I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones.
    Or maybe "It's The Same Old Song" by the Four Tops.
    Who put the dog out,?
    07-01-18 04:03 AM
    Well unless this is supposed to be a back slapping closed club, I find it quite natural, that those of us that can't find what we wish for, but find what we have the least bad available option, vent our frustration. Of course it can be done in multiple ways - to each their own.

Personally I would even go as far as a touch only device before a Key½ - but again, to each their own.
    I'm not suggesting a back slapping club. My point is, if there is nothing out there that works as well for you as your current device, in this case a Priv, why would you continually bash the company that makes it? If the device is not meeting your needs, move on. The continuing assertion that BlackBerry somehow ripped off its users for not updating a phone that is over two years old, and EOL, is ridiculous, when that is the policy of most manufacturers as well. On top of that, BlackBerry DID release a security update for the Priv, AFTER it went EOL, something most manufacturers won't do.

Now, I'm not back slapping, I do like my Priv, but if I had to replace it today, I would very likely buy a Sony, since I like one of their phones, and I can get it a very reasonable price. My wife has the Experia XA1 Ultra and loves it, coming from Samsung. She was a die hard Samsung user. I am not replacing my Priv anytime soon since it still works though.

As for BlackBerry, I appreciate the secure Android, and really do not want to move away from it. It may come down to price though, sometimes one needs to be frugal. I really appreciate the KeyOne and KeyTwo, but prefer the larger screen, and the aspect ration of the Priv. I also really like what they did with the Motion. Had I been ready for a new phone when it came out, I would have bought one. By the time I need to replace the Priv, the Motion with be close to EOL, so I would probably not buy one.

Who knows though, I have no idea what will be available later when I need to replace this phone. In the meantime, I understand it is EOL, and do not expect BlackBerry to upgrade it to Oreo, or P, or to give monthly security updates. I think people really do not understand what goes into an OS update, especially when BlackBerry hardens the OS. To expect them to update one on an EOL device is ridiculous.

Anyway, it gets tiresome to see multiple threads on a daily basis by the same people bashing a phone they claim to love. Keep in mind, users searching for info on a BlackBerry see all that, and it give a decidedly negative picture of what is actually a decent phone, Priv, KeyOne, Motion, KeyTwo, etc. People wonder why the public doesn't flock to BlackBerry, since they do in fact make some great devices. THey see all the ridiculous threads here an think, " Wow, even BlackBerry enthusiasts hate BlackBerry devices."

Valid complaints are perfectly fine, but the constant bashing of a device that is EOL, saying BlackBerry is a abandoning their users is ridiculous and counterproductive.
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-01-18 12:50 PM
    I'm not suggesting a back slapping club. My point is, if there is nothing out there that works as well for you as your current device, in this case a Priv, why would you continually bash the company that makes it? If the device is not meeting your needs, move on. The continuing assertion that BlackBerry somehow ripped off its users for not updating a phone that is over two years old, and EOL, is ridiculous, when that is the policy of most manufacturers as well. On top of that, BlackBerry DID release a security update for the Priv, AFTER it went EOL, something most manufacturers won't do.

Now, I'm not back slapping, I do like my Priv, but if I had to replace it today, I would very likely buy a Sony, since I like one of their phones, and I can get it a very reasonable price. My wife has the Experia XA1 Ultra and loves it, coming from Samsung. She was a die hard Samsung user. I am not replacing my Priv anytime soon since it still works though.

As for BlackBerry, I appreciate the secure Android, and really do not want to move away from it. It may come down to price though, sometimes one needs to be frugal. I really appreciate the KeyOne and KeyTwo, but prefer the larger screen, and the aspect ration of the Priv. I also really like what they did with the Motion. Had I been ready for a new phone when it came out, I would have bought one. By the time I need to replace the Priv, the Motion with be close to EOL, so I would probably not buy one.

Who knows though, I have no idea what will be available later when I need to replace this phone. In the meantime, I understand it is EOL, and do not expect BlackBerry to upgrade it to Oreo, or P, or to give monthly security updates. I think people really do not understand what goes into an OS update, especially when BlackBerry hardens the OS. To expect them to update one on an EOL device is ridiculous.

Anyway, it gets tiresome to see multiple threads on a daily basis by the same people bashing a phone they claim to love. Keep in mind, users searching for info on a BlackBerry see all that, and it give a decidedly negative picture of what is actually a decent phone, Priv, KeyOne, Motion, KeyTwo, etc. People wonder why the public doesn't flock to BlackBerry, since they do in fact make some great devices. THey see all the ridiculous threads here an think, " Wow, even BlackBerry enthusiasts hate BlackBerry devices."

Valid complaints are perfectly fine, but the constant bashing of a device that is EOL, saying BlackBerry is a abandoning their users is ridiculous and counterproductive.
    THIS
    07-01-18 12:59 PM
    I'm not suggesting a back slapping club.
    I agree to a very large extend, but I also do understand the frustration, though it could be vented in a more or less constructive manner.

Personally if they offered to SELL us further security upgrades and/or OS-upgrades for our Privs on a subscription basis, I would be willing to pay up, as the Priv is the (for me) least bad phablet/phone available with no available alternatives. As suggested in other threads, they could start a crowd funded campaign, and see if enough of us are willing to pay...

If someone came and offered my a free swap of my Priv to any phone any brand, I would say no thanks... Except if I could sell it and buy a Priv, and keep the change.
    07-01-18 03:16 PM
    I agree to a very large extend, but I also do understand the frustration, though it could be vented in a more or less constructive manner.

Personally if they offered to SELL us further security upgrades and/or OS-upgrades for our Privs on a subscription basis, I would be willing to pay up, as the Priv is the (for me) least bad phablet/phone available with no available alternatives. As suggested in other threads, they could start a crowd funded campaign, and see if enough of us are willing to pay...

If someone came and offered my a free swap of my Priv to any phone any brand, I would say no thanks... Except if I could sell it and buy a Priv, and keep the change.
    That's all fine and good, but there is not a big enough user base to make that idea feasible. Not enough would buy the added updates, and the money raised would not be enough to finance the development. Remember, BlackBerry also has to enlist the aid of vendors to do even a security patch. Besides, there is no other company that does that, so all the whining about it is ridiculous.
    07-01-18 03:21 PM
    That's all fine and good, but there is not a big enough user base to make that idea feasible. Not enough would buy the added updates, and the money raised would not be enough to finance the development. Remember, BlackBerry also has to enlist the aid of vendors to do even a security patch. Besides, there is no other company that does that, so all the whining about it is ridiculous.
    Now let's get real here... it is not an "argument" that no other are doing it. That 'argument' could have killed any device not mainstream at birth, including Key½ - (if we ever had left 'feature phones')

I would not be surprised if a large portion of BB/BBMo's customer base are business users, and for us the idea of paying for security by a subscription basis is far from uncommon. All non-free virus-scanners does that. Even my hardware-firewall is dependent on a subscription to keep it updated. So there are ZERO reason to assume this would be impossible for phones/phablets in principle. Whether or not there are enough Priv users that would be willing to pay to finance it, is pure guess-work. I'm not saying that there are - but we do not know, so please stop just assuming.

But SURE this is a desperate suggestion, as there are no alternatives, I would be willing to pay a quite substantially yearly fee, to keep my Priv secure.

...The whole point in trying this by crowdfunding would be to see IF there are enough. If not, very limited loss, if there are - GREAT!
    07-01-18 03:37 PM
    Now let's get real here... it is not an "argument" that no other are doing it. That 'argument' could have killed any device not mainstream at birth, including Key½ - (if we ever had left 'feature phones')

I would not be surprised if a large portion of BB/BBMo's customer base are business users, and for us the idea of paying for security by a subscription basis is far from uncommon. All non-free virus-scanners does that. Even my hardware-firewall is dependent on a subscription to keep it updated. So there are ZERO reason to assume this would be impossible for phones/phablets in principle. Whether or not there are enough Priv users that would be willing to pay to finance it, is pure guess-work. I'm not saying that there are - but we do not know, so please stop just assuming.

But SURE this is a desperate suggestion, as there are no alternatives, I would be willing to pay a quite substantially yearly fee, to keep my Priv secure.

...The whole point in trying this by crowdfunding would be to see IF there are enough. If not, very limited loss, if there are - GREAT!
    I never said it was impossible. I said it wasn't feasible, and it isn't.
    07-01-18 03:45 PM
    I never said it was impossible. I said it wasn't feasible, and it isn't.
    Sorry, not British for me this looks very much the same
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...glish/feasible
    "able to be made, done, or achieved"
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ible?a=british
    "able to be done or achieved, or able to exist"
    07-01-18 03:51 PM
    Sorry, not British for me this looks very much the same
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...glish/feasible
    "able to be made, done, or achieved"
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ible?a=british
    "able to be done or achieved, or able to exist"
    I'm not British either. There a re simply different nuances between the words, "impossible," and, "not feasible." Not feasible simply implies something is not practical, or realistic, in this case mostly due to costs.

fea·si·ble
    ˈfēzəb(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    possible to do easily or conveniently.
    "it is not feasible to put most finds from excavations on public display"
    synonyms: practicable, practical, workable, achievable, attainable, realizable, viable, realistic, sensible, reasonable, within reason; More
    informal
    likely; probable.
    "the most feasible explanation"
    07-01-18 04:24 PM
    I'm not British either. There a re simply different nuances between the words, "impossible," and, "not feasible." Not feasible simply implies something is not practical, or realistic, in this case mostly due to costs.

fea·si·ble
    ˈfēzəb(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    possible to do easily or conveniently.
    "it is not feasible to put most finds from excavations on public display"
    synonyms: practicable, practical, workable, achievable, attainable, realizable, viable, realistic, sensible, reasonable, within reason; More
    informal
    likely; probable.
    "the most feasible explanation"
    OK. But again you are just assuming that it is "not feasible". We do not know.
    Remember the saying "Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups".
    07-01-18 04:31 PM
    OK. But again you are just assuming that it is "not feasible". We do not know.
    Remember the saying "Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups".
    No assuming necessary, I know it isn't realistic or practical. As for affordability, based on the fact BlackBerry did not do well with the Priv, and the fact there are dwindling users, coupled with the fact that in order to do even a security patch, they need the cooperation of vendors, and that means paying them, as well as paying their own staff, pulling them off developing their existing products, along with the fact that among the fewer current users of the Priv, down from how many used it when it was a current device, not all would be willing, or even desire to pay for updates now that the device is pushing three years old, so yeah, not feasible from a money standpoint either, for BlackBerry, or the end user.
    07-01-18 04:37 PM
    No assuming necessary, I know it isn't realistic or practical. As for affordability, based on the fact BlackBerry did not do well with the Priv, and the fact there are dwindling users, coupled with the fact that in order to do even a security patch, they need the cooperation of vendors, and that means paying them, as well as paying their own staff, pulling them off developing their existing products, along with the fact that among the fewer current users of the Priv, down from how many used it when it was a current device, not all would be willing, or even desire to pay for updates now that the device is pushing three years old, so yeah, not feasible from a money standpoint either, for BlackBerry, or the end user.
    Sorry, again you are guessing and/or assuming... You could be right - I don't know. This leads nowhere, let us stop it by assuming you are right.
    PHughes likes this.
    07-01-18 04:41 PM
    Sorry, again you are guessing and/or assuming... You could be right - I don't know. This leads nowhere, let us stop it by assuming you are right.
    lol
    EskeRahn likes this.
    07-01-18 04:43 PM
    Most of the component manufacturers have no drivers beyond Android M. It would be a massive undertaking to build a whole new set for N.

As far as security patches are concerned, I can't imagine there are enough interested parties to pay the tab. The very idea also cannibalises sales of current devices.
    PHughes likes this.
    07-01-18 07:06 PM
    I certainly agree on that one (and I share the frustration on that too...).
    But that easily puts the question who is to judge? Different upbringing - including different nationalities - can have different limits.

...There are at the least one known example of the most rude and ill behaved person even getting a presidency...
    But at least he’s reminded the rest of the planet we’re still a badass country.
    07-01-18 07:52 PM
    any feedback about AAW069 update ?
    07-02-18 12:49 AM
    It's just a security patch for Spectre.
    s40638 likes this.
    07-02-18 01:06 AM
    If AAW069 ever arrives, expect it to be the AT&T flavoured variant of the AAW068. (The AT&T builds have always been the unbranded +1)
    And as Conite said, the AAW068 most likely is just a slightly later version than the AAV985 for the Verizon, and THAT one Verizon told is a Spectre patch, so I would claim that it is pretty safe to assume that this is the main part of AAW068 and AAW069 too.

(But oddly there are -still- no official words on what the AAW068 is, so we are left to guesses and assumptions as I did above)
    s40638 likes this.
    07-02-18 02:25 AM
    Just started having overheating and rebooting problems with my PRIV AAW608. Even in Safe Mode, but not on charger. Awaiting new battery to arrive. Hope that fixes it, it has been a great phone for 2 years.
    07-08-18 05:32 PM
    Just started having overheating and rebooting problems with my PRIV AAW608. Even in Safe Mode, but not on charger. Awaiting new battery to arrive. Hope that fixes it, it has been a great phone for 2 years.
    Overheating is NOT a typical symptom of a dead battery. The Priv heats when something uses a lot of cpu (and draws power from the battery). So look for any rouge app (pre installed or installed by you). Could be a recent update that messed up the app. Try to pinpoint what app(s) that are using a lot of battery. Look at my other posts.

(And boots can be the devices attempted last resort on overheating)

Typical symptoms of a dead battery would be short stamina even when 'nothing' is running, or sudden drops to/towards 0% estimated battery capacity.
    s40638 likes this.
    07-09-18 01:26 AM
708 ... 2526272829