It's not magic. Like almost every other update in the history of the Priv and most other devices, updates are released in waves over many weeks.

All Priv and DTEK updates between Oct and Jan had this workaround issue. It's been fixed since - but not much help for the Priv now, since this is still an Oct patch level.
    As can be seen in the blog post comments, Dante980 got a later November security update that SOME got (not mine) - and to confuse further AAW068 set his security patch level back to october...
    sputneek likes this.
    04-10-18 02:08 PM
    As can be seen in the blog post comments, Dante980 got a later November security update that SOME got (not mine) - and to confuse further AAW068 set his security patch level back to october...
    I can't recall the November patch ever getting released for Priv...
    04-10-18 02:09 PM
    There was no build after Oct 5 patch level.
    04-10-18 02:13 PM
    Blackberry did not debrand the AT&T variant. They simply whitelisted the block of IMEIs of the devices - much like they did with beta devices.
    Thanks for the clarification - that makes a lot of sense.

Do you know if a device is already whitelisted, will it then be possible to upgrade from a later Autoloader version than the AAG202?

The issue is will any Autoloader with a version less than the last do, or was it from AAG202 only?

(The autoloader asks the devce, and is unaware that it is whitelisted, so only AT&T autoloaders will do)
    04-10-18 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the clarification - that makes a lot of sense.

Do you know if a device is already whitelisted, will it then be possible to upgrade from a later Autoloader version than the AAG202?

The issue is will any Autoloader with a version less than the last do, or was it from AAG202 only?

(The autoloader asks the devce, and is unaware that it is whitelisted, so only AT&T autoloaders will do)
    Autoloaders have nothing to do with OTA/whitelists.

AT&T STV100-1 (current and "former" )
    AAQ289 (October 2017 update)

T-MOBILE USA STV100-1
    AAQ280 (October 2017 update)

VERIZON STV100-2
    AAQ281(October 2017 update)

SOUTH KOREA STV100-3 (POINTER MODE!)
    AAQ281 (October 2017 update)

REST OF THE PLANET
    AAQ280 (October 2017 update)
    04-10-18 02:17 PM
    There was no build after Oct 5 patch level.
    OK. He said he had it, look here
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-pr...omment-2699019
    04-10-18 02:32 PM
    He's dreaming.
    04-10-18 02:35 PM
    Autoloaders have nothing to do with OTA/whitelists.
    Well yes and no. As Autloaders does NOT look on the OTA/Whitelists state, the question is what autoloader can you use on an AT&T to end up on the std (debloated) AAQ280 ?

If you apply AAQ289, you will NOT be offered to upgrade to AAQ280

I tried that back with AAQ873 that did NOT offer an upgrade to AAQ853.
    And I was NOT allowed to apply AAG853 (wrong "devname")
    But when I gave it a AAG202 it did offer me a subsequent OTA update to AAG853
    04-10-18 02:41 PM
    Well yes and no. As Autloaders does NOT look on the OTA/Whitelists state, the question is what autoloader can you use on an AT&T to end up on the std (debloated) AAQ280 ?

If you apply AAQ289, you will NOT be offered to upgrade to AAQ280

I tried that back with AAQ873 that did NOT offer an upgrade to AAQ853.
    And I was NOT allowed to apply AAG853 (wrong "devname")
    But when I gave it a AAG202 it did offer me a subsequent OTA update to AAG853
    I'm not aware of any AT&T path to AAQ280.
    04-10-18 02:43 PM
    He's dreaming.
    He he. Well or maybe, like this AAW068, it is something that a few got...

Not much official to be found on the AAW068 either, so perhaps both were supposed to be within some test-group only ??
    04-10-18 02:55 PM
    He he. Well or maybe, like this AAW068, it is something that a few got...

Not much official to be found on the AAW068 either, so perhaps both were supposed to be within some test-group only ??
    I'm in the "beta". There was no Nov. I expect everyone is getting AAQ068 (or some variant thereof) - eventually.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    04-10-18 02:59 PM
    I'm not aware of any AT&T path to AAQ280.
    Well mine is an (unlocked) AT&T and is on AAQ280, so a path at the least have existed...

And I can even describe it: I gave it AAG202 with an Autoloader in October 2016, and was after install offered the (large) OTA update to AAG853, and have been on the std branch since.
    04-10-18 03:00 PM
    Well mine is an (unlocked) AT&T and is on AAQ280, so a path at the least have existed...

And I can even describe it: I gave it AAG202 with an Autoloader in October 2016, and was after install offered the (large) OTA update to AAG853, and have been on the std branch since.
    I get that, yes.

I'm just not sure how to replicate that path with the existing, working autoloaders.
    04-10-18 03:01 PM
    I'm in the "beta". There was no Nov. I expect everyone is getting AAQ068 (or some variant thereof) - eventually.
    Thanks

(typo: AAQ068 -> AAW068)
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-10-18 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
    04-10-18 03:01 PM
    I get that, yes.

I'm just not sure how to replicate that path with the existing, working autoloaders.
    Ah, that was my point, you can not with the currently offered.
    I were so pesimistic that I have SAVED all the offered autoloaders since I got the device... Even after I got OTA updates.
    I have put some on amazon cloud drive, see earlier link.
    My question was if it was ONLY possible from AAG202, or later like say second to last AAO486 would do the trick?

(And that was what I tried to help answering Gigolo69's question with many comments back *LOL* )
    04-10-18 03:11 PM
    I get that, yes.

Thats basically what I thought I was trying to say. Back when, a whole bunch of the Privs got something that eliminated the AT&T preload apps, and going forward were receiving the ROW updates OTA.
    You're saying that even if the last 8 or 10 updates you got were ROW, you should use the AT&T autoload, (assuming one is released) going forward? That just doesn't make sense.
    If you don't like the term "de-branded" come up with something better, we need something to call these phones, other than " formally known as AT&T devices, but aren't anymore".
    04-11-18 06:22 AM
    Thats basically what I thought I was trying to say. Back when, a whole bunch of the Privs got something that eliminated the AT&T preload apps, and going forward were receiving the ROW updates OTA.
    You're saying that even if the last 8 or 10 updates you got were ROW, you should use the AT&T autoload, (assuming one is released) going forward? That just doesn't make sense.
    If you don't like the term "de-branded" come up with something better, we need something to call these phones, other than " formally known as AT&T devices, but aren't anymore".
    There are two different things in play here
    a) How it is known for updates OTA.
    b) How it is known for the Autoloader, that is what the device is branded as.

And what Conite wrote was that BB simply 'whitelisted' some of the AT&T devices after the list you also mentioned. This means that an OTA update for these will NOT be a branded (bloated) one, but a general (and thus without the carrier bloat).

So the device never gets 'debranded', but it might get unbranded firmware OTA (if whitelisted).

But the physical-device is still branded, so when you attach a cable and try to run an Autoloader, it checks if the autoloader matches the device (And it does not go online/OTA to check if it is whitelisted).

Whenever you boot a device (and this also goes after you have applied an autoloader) it checks if there is newer OTA updates available.

So if you apply the newest Autoloader, there are no newer general OTA update available, and thus it will not be offered

BUT if you apply an OLD bootloader to a whitelisted device, it should offer you a new version OTA, and as being whitelisted I expect it to be of the GENERAL version.

You could call them "Branded devices with unbranded system" or "Debloated branded devices"
    Last edited by EskeRahn; 04-11-18 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Clarification
    04-11-18 07:55 AM
    i still haven't gotten this one. i'm running build AAQ280
    04-11-18 08:56 AM
    i still haven't gotten this one. i'm running build AAQ280
    I'm still running Build # AAQ280 too.
    04-11-18 11:33 AM
    Been a long time since I've posted in the forum, but this topic prompted me to. I'm on T-Mobile, and I have a T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, purchased from a T-Mobile corporate store on Launch Day (January 26th, 2016, the first day T-Mo had them available for purchase.) Despite rebooting the phone on average of once a day, and manually checking for updates at least a couple times a week, I STILL haven't received this update yet.

Are any of you like me, a T-Mobile customer using a T-Mobile Priv purchased directly from T-Mobile? And if so, have you got the update yet on your T-Mo Priv?!? If so, how did you get it?

Thanks in advance for any additional info that can be provided.
    04-11-18 03:19 PM
    Has anyone in Europe received the ("PHANTOM") AAW068 update?????

Your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    04-11-18 06:29 PM
    Woah that was confusing lol
    So the answer is grab a att autoloader but it has to be a older one. ?
    If that's correct where? Lol I wanna keep it backed upo incase I buy another priv as a backup when they get even cheaper.

Cheers all

P.s. still no update here. I guess it will show itself when it's ready to show itself lol
    04-12-18 12:26 AM
    If that's correct where? Lol I wanna keep it backed upo incase I buy another priv as a backup when they get even cheaper.

Cheers all

P.s. still no update here. I guess it will show itself when it's ready to show itself lol
    I believe so yes.
    I pushed some of the Autoloaders into the cloud, as commented earlier see https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2110
    04-12-18 12:39 AM
    I believe so yes.
    I pushed some of the Autoloaders into the cloud, as commented earlier see https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=2110
    Cool man.
    I'll grab it tomorrow on a laptop than it will sit on a external drive if I ever need it.

Thanx!

P.s. why would anybody want the newer one u mentioned over the old one which is debloated??
    Just curious
    04-12-18 12:50 AM

Cheers all

I believe so yes.
    Thurask maintains a complete repository.

https://mega.nz/#F!fA0URRLL!P-4nDqc5JWTVRg8fv5LyhA
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    04-12-18 06:39 AM
708 ... 56789 ...