I would try it. He had 28% left when he got home around 4 and was afraid to even use it all day..

BlackBerry had his format the phone and put everything back from scratch without device switch.. He unplugged at 730pm and when I left for work a little after 10pm still had 94%..

He is going to keep it unplugged while he sleeps and when he goes to work to see how it is now, and BlackBerry is somehow able to track his performance for next 24 hours to see if it's still bad..

I'll update when he tells me in the morning. But so far it seems to have done the trick

UPDATE: so my boyfriend got up around 7am.. Had 91% when he went to sleep around 11pm and 88% when he woke up.. I'm actually now considering formatting as I had 81% when I left work at 7am (unplugged at 930pm) and didn't really go on it while at work at all

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    I used the content transfer app for everything but emails and my battery life is great so I don't know if that is actually the issue or not but I doubt it. More likely to be an android app running wild in the background of the OS

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:18 AM
    It doesn't make sense citing the number of cores as a cause of battery consumption. Usually including that many cores is done on phones to optimize for power consumption by having specifically optimized processors for different TDPs to reduce the need to constantly pull down the large number of amps used by the heavy duty processors on the chip. It may be typical of an 808 but it's not because it is a hexacore processor. It is likely due to some other architectural challenges involving inadequate heat dissipation as it seems like the snap dragon ARM chips may have finally hit a thermal wall.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It's a good thing then that the proper conclusion in that post wasn't about the number of cores it had or how that does or does not contribute to battery drain but how the battery life of this device is actually quite normal relative to other devices with the same chipset.

ce71 likes this.
    11-25-15 02:19 PM
    I will try this now!

11-25-15 10:04 PM
    I used the content transfer app for everything but emails and my battery life is great so I don't know if that is actually the issue or not but I doubt it. More likely to be an android app running wild in the background of the OS

Posted via CB10
    I did too, and didn't see anything major wrong with my Priv. But I know he barely had any apps yet and we know to close everything and what to turn off to make it better.. We trouble shooted a lot and the format was the only thing we did that made significant results.. I thought he was over reacting at first and told him to wait a few days.. But it was draining for no reason

Rep from BlackBerry said she's had several cases of battery issues and 90% of the time it fixed it by formatting

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 11-26-15 at 04:10 AM.
    11-26-15 03:55 AM
54 123