With so much allocated to the screen, I wonder what the battery lifetime be like at 1080 instead of 2k.

Maybe BlackBerry can include this in settings

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 09:53 PM
    I get 2 hours od screen on-time and I'm at 33 %. I don't know how you guys are getting that far. I do have low signal in my house but WiFi work fine. Passport and iPhone 6 did not have any issues.

Screen is set low. I would upload pics but the apps crash and the mobile site doesn't give m an option to upload it.
    11-23-15 11:40 PM
    I get 2 hours od screen on-time and I'm at 33 %. I don't know how you guys are getting that far. I do have low signal in my house but WiFi work fine. Passport and iPhone 6 did not have any issues.

Screen is set low. I would upload pics but the apps crash and the mobile site doesn't give m an option to upload it.
    That's horrible

Have you installed any apps that report what is taking up the battery. You can try gsam or something similar

Usually a factory reset remedies bad battery life on most androids

Most likely Android OS/kernel/BB serv or similar will show as being the battery killer on your phone, which shouldn't be that high. I'm guessing they are eating approx 50% of your battery
    11-24-15 12:26 AM
    The screen and blackberry sercices

11-24-15 12:29 AM
    Yeah. The battery life absolutely is very disappointing. It literally last me half as long as my passport se.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    11-24-15 03:23 AM
    The screen and blackberry sercices

BlackBerry services shouldn't be using so much battery. There was a thread somewhere over here about deleting all you're hub accounts and then re-adding them fixing the issue

11-24-15 04:38 AM
    5hr SOT is not that bad concidering the priv has a larger 2k screen pushing more pixels than the passport.
    11-24-15 06:23 AM
    Looks like z10 numbers to me. I don't want to go back to subpar battery life. The Passport has spoiled me.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:48 AM
    Wrong. Look into other devices with a Snapdragon 808.

The LG V10, for example, has a lot of users complaining about battery life. They have a 3000mAh, and they are averaging 4-4.5 hours SOT.

The LG G4 also has a lot of users complaining about 3.5-4.5 hour SOT. The G4 also has a Snapdragon 808.

Nexus 5x users, again a device with a Snapdragon 808, are reporting 4-4.5 hour SOT.

So yes, I would say as a device with a hexacore Snapdragon 808 and a 3400mAh battery, 5 hour SOT for the Priv is very much "normal."

It doesn't make sense citing the number of cores as a cause of battery consumption. Usually including that many cores is done on phones to optimize for power consumption by having specifically optimized processors for different TDPs to reduce the need to constantly pull down the large number of amps used by the heavy duty processors on the chip. It may be typical of an 808 but it's not because it is a hexacore processor. It is likely due to some other architectural challenges involving inadequate heat dissipation as it seems like the snap dragon ARM chips may have finally hit a thermal wall.

11-24-15 07:53 AM
    I came from a passport and find it comparable ? *shrug*

Although the screenshots are from a day with very little use
    Attached Thumbnails 9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-screenshot_2015-11-24-07-13-30.jpg   9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-screenshot_2015-11-24-07-13-35.jpg  
    11-24-15 08:05 AM
    There still is definitely something wrong with some peoples batteries. My priv in unplugged at 9:45pm and went to work, got home at 7:45am.. Used it a little at work but not a lot compared to other nights. Had 77% when I got home.. Been playing on it about an hour or so now and am at 68% as writing..

My boyfriend on the other hand, he said he unplugged it at 7am today.. By the time he got to work around 8 he was already at 95%

We talked for a little bit over BBM over there course of about a half hour.. About 10 messages each. And he was at 87% after being unplugged 1.5 hours.. He every few messages he dropped like 3 percent.. Theres defiantly something going on with his

Now me again. As I'm finishing typing this (should have looked at the time. Maybe 5 minutes?) I am still at 68%

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-24-15 08:05 AM
    For now, just mid-day quick charge and relax. They might find a workaround, but they might not.
    Oh, the irony.

After years of seeing the CB forums mocking iPhone users as "wall huggers" over their short battery lives, it's come to this.

I switched away from iPhone (3GS) for exactly that reason. I couldn't see the point in having a desk phone *and* a phone that needed to be permanently plugged in so I could be sure it would have enough juice for when I hit the road.

I bought a BB instead.

As I say, irony.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-24-15 08:16 AM
    There still is definitely something wrong with some peoples batteries. My priv in unplugged at 9:45pm and went to work, got home at 7:45am.. Used it a little at work but not a lot compared to other nights. Had 77% when I got home.. Been playing on it about an hour or so now and am at 68% as writing..

My boyfriend on the other hand, he said he unplugged it at 7am today.. By the time he got to work around 8 he was already at 95%

We talked for a little bit over BBM over there course of about a half hour.. About 10 messages each. And he was at 87% after being unplugged 1.5 hours.. He every few messages he dropped like 3 percent.. Theres defiantly something going on with his

Now me again. As I'm finishing typing this (should have looked at the time. Maybe 5 minutes?) I am still at 68%

Your boyfriends battery life is significantly better than the battery life on my priv. It's almost 1.7x better.

11-24-15 01:29 PM
    I just tested to see what my screen on times average is and it's less than 4 hours.

11-24-15 01:32 PM
    Your boyfriends battery life is significantly better than the battery life on my priv. It's almost 1.7x better.

ouch, he's on the 800 number with them now.. they think factory reset and not using the device transfer app will fix the issue... we will see..
    11-24-15 03:59 PM
    ouch, he's on the 800 number with them now.. they think factory reset and not using the device transfer app will fix the issue... we will see..
    Really? Let me know if it does. I used the device transfer app as well but would prefer not to have to go through all the bull**** or resetting up my accounts and apps if it doesn't result in an improvement for him

11-24-15 07:10 PM
    5h screen on time on any Android device is pretty good
    11-24-15 07:39 PM
    No issues here.

Attached Thumbnails 9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-10423.jpg  
    11-24-15 08:35 PM
    Ok how can a battery like this get less time then my Z10? I understand that there is more going on but I'm not a heavy user and mine drains and heats up. One thing I did today is put a screen lock and put power button to lock. It seemed to help get me through the day. Maybe it's just me but it seemed that the BB10 devices conserved power better? I've asked many people with different devices and everyone seems to say something different about their phones battery life, and that's not just Blackberry or Android, even iOS users are mixed.
    11-24-15 08:57 PM
    So explain to me what 22 hours mixed time means, no honestly. I know when I'm talking on the phone, the battery doesn't drain as fast.
    11-24-15 09:00 PM
    Really? Let me know if it does. I used the device transfer app as well but would prefer not to have to go through all the bull**** or resetting up my accounts and apps if it doesn't result in an improvement for him

I would try it. He had 28% left when he got home around 4 and was afraid to even use it all day..

BlackBerry had his format the phone and put everything back from scratch without device switch.. He unplugged at 730pm and when I left for work a little after 10pm still had 94%..

He is going to keep it unplugged while he sleeps and when he goes to work to see how it is now, and BlackBerry is somehow able to track his performance for next 24 hours to see if it's still bad..

I'll update when he tells me in the morning. But so far it seems to have done the trick

UPDATE: so my boyfriend got up around 7am.. Had 91% when he went to sleep around 11pm and 88% when he woke up.. I'm actually now considering formatting as I had 81% when I left work at 7am (unplugged at 930pm) and didn't really go on it while at work at all

Last edited by midnightdoom; 11-25-15 at 06:54 AM.
    11-24-15 11:09 PM
    People's expectations are the problem, 5 hours screen on time is very good for a phone with a battery that size. I have both phones and the passport gives a slightly better performace (bigger battery, less pixels). I'm actually quite happy with the priv concerning battery life. Keep in mind your use is not the same as other people, light use to you might not be the same as light use to someone else. And apps and screen brightness come into play.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:50 PM
    I really wish they had gone with a lower resolution panel. I'd imagine that the GPU is getting quite a workout further pushing screen on times down. imagine what it could have been. Played with a private today and I liked it a lot more than I thought it would. Taught the ATT rep some tricks haha.

Just hoping it's better battery life than my Z10 with an extended battery. This battery is technically 4500mah although it's probably 3000mah or something and has a fake sticker. I can run it down to 10% in 12 hours if I want.

The big boost for standby will come with Android M and doze. Looking forward to that.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:13 AM
    9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-screenshot_2015-11-25-14-08-39.jpgMy battery is quite good the last couple days think it's settled. I'm getting around 6 hours screen on time and I mainly been watching a lot of media, video and music, whatsapp, instagram, snapchat, crackberry and bit of email.

Attachment 381988

11-25-15 08:09 AM
    As I said in another thread, check what apps you have installed if your Priv is not having good battery life this is generally because there is an app running rampant in the background of the beloved android OS. I have about 25 apps I use every day installed and use my phone constantly through the day for texts, social apps and browsing the web... but my battery life ALWAYS LASTS FOR MORE THAN A DAY.

Posted via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-25-15 08:16 AM
54 123