I'm staunch BlackBerry fan, but it's hard not to be disappointed about that. I've had it over a week now. had my Qualcomm charger today, I'll need it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 03:02 PM
    5 hours SOT is quite good.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-20-15 03:07 PM
    5 hours SOT is quite good.
    Those of us coming from the Passport... 5 hrs of screen time is a culture shock.

11-20-15 03:08 PM
    But to be quite honest you never really knew what your screen on time was unless you downloaded and app to tell you.

And yes the passport was efficient. But I am getting pretty similar battery life. Difference of about an hour

11-20-15 03:10 PM
    See this tests, mainly browser that is what I do.

I get 5 hours on mobile network. Those tests are on WiFi where battery last even longer:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...t-battery-life
    11-20-15 03:16 PM
    I'm staunch BlackBerry fan, but it's hard not to be disappointed about that. I've had it over a week now. had my Qualcomm charger today, I'll need it!

BlackBerry is aware and is looking into whether it's possible to tweak anything without compromising what they want the phone to be able to do. For now, just mid-day quick charge and relax. They might find a workaround, but they might not. Do you like the phone enough that you would keep it if they didn't? I personally do, but I understand others feel differently. If that's a deal breaker, then return it. Speaking for myself, I'll live, and if they manage to fix it, then I'll consider it an added perk to a great phone.

11-20-15 03:19 PM

Well, you can start by letting us know what you were doing on the phone.

If you were out in the middle of nowhere with a poor signal and you were trying to stream Netflix or play an intense game, 9hrs standby and 5hrs SOT is 'good.'
    If you were just scrolling through the settings on your phone for 5 hours with a good cell and wifi connection, 9hrs of standby time is not normal.

If you have no sim card in your phone and never touch it, it can last for a week on standby.
    11-20-15 03:24 PM
    Oh trust me, the Priv isn't going anywhere, although I haven't parted with my Passport just yet. I did notice I had wake on notification which is a bit of an oversight from me. I am hoping it's better. Mid day charges not always possible for me, i'm out and about. Loving this quick charge though, may actually need to use my Anker portable charger for once

d a elliott likes this.
    11-20-15 03:27 PM
    Steve, no films or videos. I only flick through phone, the odd notification for email, the odd glance on here and Facebook and Twitter responses (only about 1). Always clearing my windows. I think the wake on notification would have been doing some damage so let's see

11-20-15 03:28 PM
    Quick Charges extends to car too.. you can get a 2 Amp charger for car and you are set....
    d a elliott likes this.
    11-20-15 03:32 PM
    Facebook really seems to drain my battery. It also stalks me about 10 times a day asking for my location!!

11-20-15 03:37 PM
    The first day I had the device , I had about 15hour battery life with about 6hr 20m screen time.

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-20-15 03:38 PM
    BTW, I'm getting 6-7 hours SOT on average. I have gotten 11 using battery saving mode on a light day.

11-20-15 03:38 PM
    Facebook really seems to drain my battery. It also stalks me about 10 times a day asking for my location!!

Download UC Browser, turn on Facebook Notifications in the Settings, uninstall the Facebook bloat, and thank me later. I've never used their app or messenger app. I don't want them trying to access anything on my device.

11-20-15 03:40 PM
    Well, my Priv seems OK with battery. I installed about 18 apps the other day and make some phone call, have Twitter on at all times, check email now and then, BBM family. When I leave work at 5:00 pm, my battery about 35 percentage remain.
    11-20-15 03:50 PM
    I run gps navigation a lot (Google maps), Pandora and YouTube, Facebook and crackberry. Getting 5-6jrs screen time. Coming from a Z10... Well one mid day quick charge is way better than going through 3 full batteries and still needing a charger.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    d a elliott likes this.
    11-20-15 03:57 PM
    You got 14 hours total with 5 hours screen time? That's not bad with heavy use. If you only had 9 hours total with 5 hours screen time then something is clearly wrong. I got about 26 hours total with over 8 hrs screen time with light use.
    Attached Thumbnails 9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-screenshot_2015-11-16-14-27-59.jpg   9hr battery life, 5hr screen time-screenshot_2015-11-16-14-32-58.jpg  
    11-20-15 04:15 PM
    Perhaps I need to put in a call then Mark? I'll give it another whirl after a full charge w/ this wake on notifications off.
    11-20-15 04:31 PM
    Perhaps I need to put in a call then Mark? I'll give it another whirl after a full charge w/ this wake on notifications off.
    I've looked at this over multiple devices. I can assure you that 20% / hour screen time (5 hrs screen time) is "normal". The biggest changes you can make to increase that are to drop your brightness to the lowest setting, use WiFi, and avoid long uses of screen. Surprisingly, other things like syncing, GPS, etc., have a negligible impact (have experimented with two Privs simultaneously). Some report a BlackBerry Services drain, which is possible, but aside from that, 5 hr. screen time is pretty much what most of us are lookin at most of the time. I've had 5 hours screen time on 8 hours off the charger and 5 hours screen time on 26 hours off the charger. It's almost *all* about screen time exclusively. The Priv's idle drain is fantastic. Like I said earlier, BlackBerry is looking into whether it's possible to tweak the CPU to eke out more battery life. It's fine.

gizmo21 likes this.
    11-20-15 04:39 PM
    Right now I'm at 4 hr, 13 min screen time with, surprise surprise, 21% left. I've been off the charger for 8 hours (I've been on my phone a *lot* and have brightness at 40%). Yesterday, I had 18 hours and guess how much screen time? You guessed it. 5 hours.

11-20-15 04:43 PM
    With a 3400 mAh battery, 5 hrs of SOT is NOT normal. Even with no steps taken to conserve battery and everything left on you should easily do better than that. Only exception might be heavy gaming or navigation use.
    11-20-15 09:26 PM
    With a 3400 mAh battery, 5 hrs of SOT is NOT normal. Even with no steps taken to conserve battery and everything left on you should easily do better than that. Only exception might be heavy gaming or navigation use.
    5 hours of screen time would bring most phones to their knees.
    http://highonandroid.com/highonandroid-sot-test/
    I managed to get 8h 14m sot with my priv...so it tops that list by a mile.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-20-15 at 09:54 PM.
    d a elliott likes this.
    11-20-15 09:43 PM
    Wrong. Look into other devices with a Snapdragon 808.

The LG V10, for example, has a lot of users complaining about battery life. They have a 3000mAh, and they are averaging 4-4.5 hours SOT.

The LG G4 also has a lot of users complaining about 3.5-4.5 hour SOT. The G4 also has a Snapdragon 808.

Nexus 5x users, again a device with a Snapdragon 808, are reporting 4-4.5 hour SOT.

So yes, I would say as a device with a hexacore Snapdragon 808 and a 3400mAh battery, 5 hour SOT for the Priv is very much "normal."

John Doe99 likes this.
    11-20-15 09:47 PM
    5 hours of screen time would bring most phones to their knees. Right now my phone has been on for 17 hours, and it is still at 60% with 2 hours sot, and 1 day and 5 hours left. The Priv battery is a beast.
    Couldn't agree more. Wish people would actually look into what to expect from phones with this kind of processor. For as many "battery life" threads as there are on this forum, V10, G4, and 5x users are complaining about the exact same things. The number one problem isn't the device; it's expectations that are out of line with reality.

bluetroll and kthhrrsn like this.
    11-20-15 09:50 PM
    5 hrs sot with 10 hours or more is pretty normal for 3000-3500 mah battery on other Android phones(10 hiurs on the lwer end). And that should be without being conservative with brightness, toggling WiFi Bluetooth and location on/off etc...
    11-20-15 09:51 PM
54 123