Look at Bell, Telus, Rogers, ATT, and Amazon....much of reviewer give Priv 5 stars...

Nothing to do with the complaint board here...

Posted via CB10
    ce71 likes this.
    11-21-15 10:30 PM
    This is often the pattern with new releases. The most likely reviewers are early adopters who are the most enthusiastic about the phone. I think for a while the Passport was even one of the top selling phones on Amazon.

Doesn't mean the folks don't like it a lot. But it also doesn't mean the trend will stick.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-21-15 10:36 PM
    Must mean anyone that has a complaint with in here is lying...
    lift and techvisor like this.
    11-21-15 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Must mean anyone that has a complaint with in here is lying...
    Or the typical forum reality, that anyone with an issue posts, while most without don't venture here, and are instead simply using their functioning device.

Problems always appear exaggerated, as anyone who frequents here should know.
    11-21-15 11:12 PM
    Although I hope to be a Priv buyer soon, you have to take a closer look at those reviews (especially at Amazon). Look at each reviewer's comment history and you'll see that their profiles may be fake. Many only comment on Blackberries and give every product they make 5 stars. Look for a reviewer that has rated a wide variety of products.
    11-22-15 01:01 AM
    Reviews are meaningless when making a purchase..... too many variable go into the process.. It is a mirror of a personal opinion.... example... read thread where OP absolutely raved about Apple customer support... bashing BB,,, just replied to a post where OP is leaving Apple due to shoddy customer service and considering buying Priv or WP10 phone.... who do you believe... as much as reviews offer guidance... nothing replaces leg work and hands on experience....
    ce71 and Jrox74 like this.
    11-22-15 02:12 AM
    People on this forum are grasping at straws to try and save this phone haha. It's getting kinda funny actually.
    11-22-15 03:50 AM
    Or the typical forum reality, that anyone with an issue posts, while most without don't venture here, and are instead simply using their functioning device.

Agreed, but the "He/She is lying about their issue because I don't have it" is just as rampant.
    11-22-15 05:57 AM
    I stopped by the AT&T store yesterday to look at the Priv, I have to say, it's a beautiful device. I played with it and it will definitely by my next phone. The keyboard felt great and it was top heavy at all.

Posted via my incredible Passport
    phuoc likes this.
    11-22-15 06:39 AM
    Agreed, but the "He/She is lying about their issue because I don't have it" is just as rampant.
    Is it? I'll have to look around a bit harder. The only post I can remember that actually used the word "lying" is #3 from this thread. I'm not saying that doubting a poster doesn't happen, but just like not trusting an fan's 5Star review, the poster's history needs to be a factor.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    11-22-15 06:55 AM
    I love the the Priv! High quality device and beautiful as well! Finally I can enjoy some of the apps I have been looking for. The hub is very functional, the camera is excellent and it didn't take long to get used to Android. I would have been also happy if BlackBerry would have made the phone available with BB10 but this is reality. To all you critics, that are clinging to BB10 I have one thing to say: instead of bashing the Priv, you should be fully supportive of BlackBerry's effort to roll out Android devices. It is the only hope you have to maintain BB10 as an operating system with new handsets being rolled out in the OS. Ironically the Android devices if successful will guarantee BB10's survival. It again exposes the BlackBerry brand to a much larger audience that might just be intrigued enough to also try a BB10 device down the road!

Posted via CB10
    Tornado99 likes this.
    11-22-15 06:56 AM
    If you're talking about the occasional rabid fan, who cannot accept there are owners with issues, you've seen plenty of that through the years too. Back yourself up respectfully with facts, and if they choose to go personal, report the post.

Keep in mind folks, you can't be charged with fighting unless you swing too.
    11-22-15 07:13 AM
    On that, I've seen several posts recently saying their Privs don't get hot and don't have poor battery life.

OK, they've not actually used the L-word, but the clear implication is that someone is lying.

Just me, or anyone else having flashbacks to the Z10 random rebooting days, and the amount of name-calling and "mine doesn't, so you must be lying" posts at the time?
    11-22-15 07:50 AM
    Please, stay on topic, this thread is just to say than much Priv's Owner are happy with the device.

Well, we should say, it's normal to be here and looking for Help when you have issues with your phones. But 95% are happy with the PRIV.

It's not fair at all to say Because we see complaint on Crackberry to say 2/3 return their device. Be serious, 66% return, it Would be all over the net...

Much of reviewer are very positive on the PRIV and consumer are more than happy...BlackBerry PRIV is not a perfect phone, the perfection do not exist, but an excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:07 AM
    I Don't know about others but my PRIV is causing sensation all over my workplace. Everyone ask to pick it up and use it. I had a Z10 and a Z30 and except for the loud Z30 speakers nobody asked which phone I was using. Now just leave it on the desk and they all ask.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 08:24 AM
    Please, stay on topic, this thread is just to say than much Priv's Owner are happy with the device.

Well, we should say, it's normal to be here and looking for Help when you have issues with your phones. But 95% are happy with the PRIV.

It's not fair at all to say Because we see complaint on Crackberry to say 2/3 return their device. Be serious, 66% return, it Would be all over the net...

Much of reviewer are very positive on the PRIV and consumer are more than happy...BlackBerry PRIV is not a perfect phone, the perfection do not exist, but an excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent point

Too bad a few disgruntled CB members are constantly trying to drain threads and just spread negative vibes.

Of course members of forums will be more vocal than non members.

It's usually how it is in general. How many of us have vacationed or visited restaurants that have had some horrible online reviews only to be completely happy with their experience. And then how many of us actually took the time to submit a positive review...very few

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:25 AM
    Look at Bell, Telus, Rogers, ATT, and Amazon....much of reviewer give Priv 5 stars...

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has 22 reviews so far..... Based on marketing that has taken place so far I would expect that to be 22 hardcore BlackBerry fans.

What's really interesting is the Passport at this point has over 1,300 reviews and a 4.5 Star rating. About the same as the iPhone 6 that was released last year... same rating, about the same number of reviews. From this we can conclude.... absolutely nothing.
    11-23-15 11:40 AM
    Although I hope to be a Priv buyer soon, you have to take a closer look at those reviews (especially at Amazon). Look at each reviewer's comment history and you'll see that their profiles may be fake. Many only comment on Blackberries and give every product they make 5 stars. Look for a reviewer that has rated a wide variety of products.
    This is excellent advice. Amazon typically has some pretty helpful/insightful reviews from real folks, but some of the five star reviews on the Priv seemed a little off on first glance. After re-reading, there are a few that sound almost like bogus PR speak. Unfortunately, one of the top "helpful" (by John C., 37/39 people thought were helpful) reviews appears to be a fake, so a fair amount of people are falling for it.

I added an Amazon review based on my experiences so far (user: Armdog), so at least that one is legit.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-23-15 12:53 PM
    Thank you so much Blackberry team. I was waiting this app. It is really great user friendly and smooth.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-23-15 01:17 PM
    People on this forum are grasping at straws to try and save this phone haha. It's getting kinda funny actually.
    Yeah, and It's also funny and kind of sad looking at the people wasting their time bashing the Priv and anything BlackBerry.
    11-23-15 01:24 PM
    I do generally read reviews, but I take them all with a pinch of salt.

If most of them make the same points - for the Priv that would be heat, poor battery & poor (by BB's standards) PKB - I might start to think that there's something in what they say.

I am particularly sceptical about reviews posted on a shop site like Amazon, or one of the online guitar shops I look at. Think about it for a moment, these are reviews posted by people who have purchased the item, presumably with their hard-earned money... is it more or less likely that those buyers are going to say a) "This is great!, best thing evaaaar!!!", or b) "What a fool I am to have dropped so many $$$'s on this"?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-23-15 01:24 PM
    I wasn't aware this phone needed "saving." Can you point us to whatever led you to this conclusion?
    11-23-15 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10

Reviews for the Passport, Z10 and Z30 were also stellar when first released. Didn't mean high sales though.
    11-23-15 04:53 PM

And not only in smartphones. For example, the Porsche 911, the 996 version in particular, had a problem that afected around 1% of the cars, where the engine would simply break itself appart. Yet by reading the internet it looks like every 911 (996) is a time-bomb, when in fact is a super reliable car
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-23-15 05:45 PM
    And not only in smartphones. For example, the Porsche 911, the 996 version in particular, had a problem that afected around 1% of the cars, where the engine would simply break itself appart. Yet by reading the internet it looks like every 911 (996) is a time-bomb, when in fact is a super reliable car
    Precisely! That's why I used the generic term "forum", instead of saying CrackBerry.
    11-23-15 05:56 PM
27 12