So says N4BB with this

800 for Priv at Rogers-img_20151021_172727.png
    10-21-15 04:28 PM
    I called Rogers today and they told me $399 canadian starting price, I'm assuming on contract and to buy out the phone it was $799 canadian

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:35 PM
    Too expensive

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:44 PM
    Ahh .,. it begins.... Many want BB to come out with that elusive "Flagship" phone ... but when it come time to pony up and fork over the coin... guess what.. the griping begins.... part of what will raise the price in Canada is the Canadian Dollar... as most part vendors use the American dollar as their standard... it automatically puts Canadian selling price through the ceiling so to speak... basic economics BB cannot control... saw the same thing with pricing with the Passport ... and the Canadian dollar was no where near where it is now....will be interested what it costs in the states.....but hey... sell it at cost.. keep the complainer happy....make no money and what BB go out of the hardware business... then all the "price consious" consumer can them complain about another flagship phone....
    10-21-15 04:57 PM
    Everyone wants quality as long as they don't have to pay for it
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-21-15 05:23 PM
    Ahh .,. it begins.... Many want BB to come out with that elusive "Flagship" phone ... but when it come time to pony up and fork over the coin... guess what.. the griping begins.... part of what will raise the price in Canada is the Canadian Dollar... as most part vendors use the American dollar as their standard... it automatically puts Canadian selling price through the ceiling so to speak... basic economics BB cannot control... saw the same thing with pricing with the Passport ... and the Canadian dollar was no where near where it is now....will be interested what it costs in the states.....but hey... sell it at cost.. keep the complainer happy....make no money and what BB go out of the hardware business... then all the "price consious" consumer can them complain about another flagship phone....
    Case in point: LG G4, $599 launch, we launched at $699. This was a few months ago.

Fast forward to today, Priv expected to be $599 in the US, but we have to sell at $799.

They didn't raise the price. Tanking resources prices raised the price.
    10-21-15 05:30 PM
    Black Friday promo for $599 CAD and I would be aaaalllll over that!

A man can dream...
    10-21-15 05:38 PM
    Damn that's a lot for the contract price, guess I'll wait a bit for the price to drop. Or maybe I'll try to talk then down

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 05:41 PM
    Activate a small business account and get a 300.00 credit and/or port your number to Rogers and get the same credit that means you only will come out of pocket 99.00 on a 2yr contract.

Posted with my luxurious Canadian Passport
    10-21-15 06:07 PM