Hah hah. Just like I expected. So where are all the people saying they'll buy the phone regardless of the price?

Where are all the android fanboys lining up at the store waiting for release?

Why are we surprised? I said BlackBerry will wet the bed one way or another.

I've never been an early adopter so I don't really care. I'll get one whenever it's $250 or under.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    10-22-15 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is not. It's QNX. Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry OS was java... so?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    acovey likes this.
    10-22-15 10:55 PM
    Now we know what Priv really stands for.... Privacy and or Privilege. Only those who are privileged can actually afford to own one
    techvisor likes this.
    10-22-15 11:20 PM
    you guys have to understand that BlackBerry is what i would compare role royce to a ford. BlackBerry is a a roles royce, Samsung and others are the fords, Chevys, etc. So stop ******** about the price. BlackBerry is a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    IF it is a Rolls Royce, how come it didn't win it's race against its competition?
    techvisor likes this.
    10-22-15 11:25 PM
    The verizon Z30 is still $500, so $749 for the Priv seems about right ;/

Posted via CB10
    Everything is overpriced that has Verizon attached to it!
    10-22-15 11:44 PM
    Now we know what Priv really stands for.... Privacy and or Privilege. Only those who are privileged can actually afford to own one
    A phone for the 1%, BlackBerry sure is targeting a large crowd here!
    10-23-15 12:10 AM
    The price seems too high!
    10-23-15 04:47 AM
    9 ShopBlackBerry Priv Pre-Order Price-gsdgsdfsdf.png
    dejanh likes this.
    10-23-15 05:06 AM
    Now it shows as only $699 for US pre-orders.....

shopblackberry.com is live for US, Canada and GB
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-23-15 08:22 AM
    Yeah it's $699 US and $899 Canadian

Hope you guys all learned a lesson about speculating on rumours!

Also I hope that there's no "discount" soon... so it would mean that they'd been selling well

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-23-15 08:25 AM
    Has anyone heard/seen anything about availablility on amazon?
    10-23-15 08:32 AM
    indeed,always the same story,not correct this!!!
    higher prices zero advertising in Europe!!!!
    10-23-15 08:48 AM
    And Finally ...

BlackBerry has gone live with the pre-orders for the Android-based BlackBerry Priv smartphones
    for both the US and Canada in its company's stores.
    Pricing for the US version is $699 and Canada's price is $899. UK for �559.
    Shipments are scheduled to begin on November 6.

Source : BlackBerry Priv pre-orders go live $699 in US and $899 in Canada [Update: UK for �559] | CrackBerry.com
    10-23-15 08:54 AM

It is possible the reason the Priv is 699 USD is because of the deluge of online criticism. The lesson learned is that we should complain louder and more vocally.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-23-15 08:54 AM
    lol, you guys really believe they'd change their price, even by a cent, based on rumors and rants ?
    9 ShopBlackBerry Priv Pre-Order Price-3triplefacepalm61rv6.png
    10-23-15 08:57 AM
    Nope. Not happy. As you said it, the soul of the OS defines the phone. It isn't BlackBerry.

You pontificate that if it isn't made by BlackBerry then it isn't BlackBerry. Well, QNX is not made by BlackBerry. It's someone else's OS later bought by BlackBerry, but no matter how you spin it it isn't their OS. If BlackBerry in some alternate universe had the means to buy Android, you still would rant Priv is not BlackBerry.

QNX, not a BlackBerry OS, with BlackBerry lipstick is BlackBerry.
    Android, not a BlackBerry OS, with BlackBerry lipstick isn't BlackBerry.
    Faulty logic.

Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    QNX is a kernel. Tablet OS is an OS that uses the QNX kernel. BB10 is an OS that uses the QNX Kernel. BlackBerry is in 100 percent control of the Kernel and the OS. QNX kernel is tiny, BB10 is is Gigabytes of code.
    acovey likes this.
    10-23-15 09:08 AM
    Well, to be fair, they did publicly say that it stands for Privacy and Privilege.
    10-23-15 09:13 AM
    Now just imagine the Porsche version of the Priv's price. The BlackBerry PP.
    10-23-15 09:17 AM
    Keep your PP to yourself.
    10-23-15 09:21 AM

Also I hope that there's no "discount" soon... so it would mean that they'd been selling well

Posted via CB10
    And an LG G4, basically a nearly identical device in specs, is now $479, and the new Galaxy devices always get discounted as they approach the holidays. So does BlackBerry add $230 in value or have the brand image for people to put down more for the same or less specs? Android users have a reputation for look for value, and not having brand loyalty, because they can buy any device and customize it to how they want.
    10-23-15 09:22 AM
    It is possible the reason the Priv is 699 USD is because of the deluge of online criticism. The lesson learned is that we should complain louder and more vocally.
    I highly doubt they changed their price based on our arbitrary calculations from converting a UK price to a US price!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-23-15 09:54 AM
    QNX is a kernel. Tablet OS is an OS that uses the QNX kernel. BB10 is an OS that uses the QNX Kernel. BlackBerry is in 100 percent control of the Kernel and the OS. QNX kernel is tiny, BB10 is is Gigabytes of code.
    Nobody said it isn't. His argument is either all of the code is BlackBerry or it isn't a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:10 AM
    Good one! As if companies make mayor decisions like this based on complaints on a site. If that would be the case, I guess we would have seen AT&T or T-Mobile sell the Z30. Well, history has shown otherwise. ROFL
    10-23-15 10:23 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is not. It's QNX. Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    What?! It's an operating system. It's developed by BlackBerry. What else is it but a BlackBerry Operating System?

ETA: Ok, I see your explanations in later posts. Got it.
    10-23-15 10:26 AM
    Hah hah. Just like I expected. So where are all the people saying they'll buy the phone regardless of the price?

Where are all the android fanboys lining up at the store waiting for release?

Why are we surprised? I said BlackBerry will wet the bed one way or another.

I've never been an early adopter so I don't really care. I'll get one whenever it's $250 or under.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not paying more than I paid for my M9 for a lower spec phone. Looks nice but no real solid reason for me to purchase yet, for this price.
    10-23-15 10:40 AM
307 ... 910111213