The verizon Z30 is still $500, so $749 for the Priv seems about right ;/

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:22 PM
    Grumpy much.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, just honest. You go buy your Android phone and I will by a BB phone with a BBOS.
    10-22-15 06:29 PM
    With that price I doubt I will be getting it soon. :'( was really hoping for a $499 price point.

9000----->Torch----->9900----->Z10------>Passport
    Same here....I'm pretty disappointed actually. BlackBerry needs to earn that price point, not just expect it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:31 PM
    Nope, just honest. You go buy your Android phone and I will by a BB phone with a BBOS.
    Bbos? Like a bold or curve. Or did you mean bb10
    10-22-15 06:31 PM
    Bbos? Like a bold or curve. Or did you mean bb10
    I include all BBOS, can be 5, 6, 7, 10 they are ALL Blackberry Operating Systems.
    10-22-15 07:07 PM
    Sure thing grumps.

Going to enjoy my new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:51 PM
    Sure thing grumps.

Posted via CB10
    PS BlackBerry 10 devices don't have a BBOS either. They're QNX. Not created by BlackBerry. Bought by BlackBerry. Apparently you're Ok with that though.

So by your own criteria, you're not using a BlackBerry phone either.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:09 PM
    I include all BBOS, can be 5, 6, 7, 10 they are ALL Blackberry Operating Systems.
    BlackBerry 10 is not. It's QNX. Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:17 PM
    There certainly isn't much of an effort at long-term customer retention at this price. John Chen is acting like this is the last smartphone he's ever going to need to sell you.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-15 08:22 PM
    Sometime I think you would be better off trying to figure out when it's cheapest to buy a airline ticket....... than to figure out the difference in upgrading, new contract or going BYOD.....
    Someone did try to figure that out. Apparently the best time to buy is 53 days before your flight.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:08 PM
    Do we have any official confirmation that the Priv will be coming to Verizon?
    It's expected that all major us carriers will have it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:15 PM
    Pricing dream:

Official general public announcement happens November 6th, where BlackBerry says it's available now, everywhere.

Fan launch announcement on BlackBerry Insider Blog only for pre-orders starting Friday October 23rd, with ship November 6th. Price is either $749 USD with a couple of accessories or $649 USD with $100 USD discount. Sale continues until official general public announcement or first batch allocation has run out, i.e. limited quantities.
    10-22-15 09:16 PM
    Sure thing grumps.

Posted via CB10
    WOW two replies I guess it's my lucky day, have fun with your new Android, Happy
    10-22-15 09:18 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is not. It's QNX. Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    And who owns QNX and installs it on phones calling it BB10, Happy? And I know Blackberry does NOT own Android. Nice try though.
    10-22-15 09:25 PM
    PS BlackBerry 10 devices don't have a BBOS either. They're QNX. Not created by BlackBerry. Bought by BlackBerry. Apparently you're Ok with that though.

So by your own criteria, you're not using a BlackBerry phone either.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't make any sense. QNX is just the microkernel that BlackBerry 10 runs on. BBOS ran on Java. Android runs on Java.

BB10 was made by BlackBerry. Full stop.
    acovey likes this.
    10-22-15 09:45 PM
    This is the phone that's supposed to save BB's handset business. At $949 CDN, there's no way in hell that's going to happen. I will not be preordering at that price. I was expecting a $699CDN price. At almost $1G, that's insane!
    10-22-15 09:55 PM
    You wont.

Another Canadian user just said he paid $799 CAD for his Priv, off contract.

That's barely over $600 USD and still leads me to believe it will be $649-699 in the States.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    I can do $700 no problem. It is fair price

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-22-15 10:00 PM
    Way too many comments saying "This sucks, it should have been $499"..... GTFOHWTBS! lol

There's no way this device would be the same price as a BlackBerry Classic, are you on drugs?? Yes, the leaked price is pretty damn high but stop insulting BlackBerry with your cheap arse thinking! (I know I'm feeding the trolls but damn! lol)
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-22-15 10:04 PM
    I can do $700 no problem. It is fair price

Posted via CB10
    I'd be content with $699, but will still buy it at $749.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-22-15 10:08 PM
    And who owns QNX and installs it on phones calling it BB10, Happy? And I know Blackberry does NOT own Android. Nice try though.
    Nope. Not happy. As you said it, the soul of the OS defines the phone. It isn't BlackBerry.

You pontificate that if it isn't made by BlackBerry then it isn't BlackBerry. Well, QNX is not made by BlackBerry. It's someone else's OS later bought by BlackBerry, but no matter how you spin it it isn't their OS. If BlackBerry in some alternate universe had the means to buy Android, you still would rant Priv is not BlackBerry.

QNX, not a BlackBerry OS, with BlackBerry lipstick is BlackBerry.
    Android, not a BlackBerry OS, with BlackBerry lipstick isn't BlackBerry.
    Faulty logic.

Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by europolska00; 10-22-15 at 10:23 PM.
    10-22-15 10:09 PM
    Way too many comments saying "This sucks, it should have been $499"..... GTFOHWTBS! lol

There's no way this device would be the same price as a BlackBerry Classic, are you on drugs?? Yes, the leaked price is pretty damn high but stop insulting BlackBerry with your cheap arse thinking! (I know I'm feeding the trolls but damn! lol)
    LOL, exactly - should be the same price as the Classic? LOL again. $800 or $949 is loose change to the people that can actually afford to buy this phone. I'm sure JC wasn't targeting the market that's only willing to pay $499 or $599 so he probably doesn't give a rat's behind about mass volume. I have pre-ordered this phone and while it is not loose change to me, I feel the price is a little on high side but still well worth it.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-22-15 10:10 PM
    WOW two replies I guess it's my lucky day, have fun with your new Android, Happy
    I'll enjoy my new BlackBerry. Thanks grumps.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:11 PM

what pisses people off on top of it is that they have terrible quality control issues, one can only wonder what problem this handset will have will it be screen lift or the dreaded double typing keyboard or heck why not surprise us this time with something new then on top of that if you have no proof of purchase you have no warranty its always something
    10-22-15 10:16 PM
    That doesn't make any sense. QNX is just the microkernel that BlackBerry 10 runs on. BBOS ran on Java. Android runs on Java.

BB10 was made by BlackBerry. Full stop.
    He has argued in other posts that Priv is not a BlackBerry phone because the software isn't BlackBerry. Which is a stupid argument, because he accepts BlackBerry 10 as BlackBerry even though the kernel was not created by BlackBerry.

I'm just poking fun at his stupid logic. He makes it easy.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:20 PM
    I'm also one who paid $600 for a Classic. But fact is fact, it's an LG G4 with a curved screen and a slider keyboard, and what everyone is saying. As much as BlackBerry wants to sell security and premium, they went Android and that's what Android users look for.
    You can argue it all day long but those are not the people BlackBerry are looking to sell phones to. If Chen meets his 5M mark that will only be between 0.3% and 0.2% of the predicted global smartphone sales for 2016 depending on which forecast you subscribe to (1.5B to 2.5B).

I do agree with you though, the typical Android fanboy will not see the value past the basic comparable specs.
    10-22-15 10:37 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...