The only reported subsidized price is Rogers at $399 on a 2YR Share Everything plan. Which is NOT attractive at all. Do you know how much the Share Everything plan costs?
    Yes, $140.00 for 2 lines with unlimited nationwide talk & text, mms, caller ID, voicemail and 6GB shared data, so $70 per month per line for all that is great value imo
    10-22-15 11:55 AM
    Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong ...
    And finally :
    Despite the power of BlackBerry Hub and BB10, BlackBerry hasn't been that successful over the last couple of years. This year, BlackBerry is testing the Android waters with the BlackBerry Priv. The leaked pre-order page revealed a launch price of $749 in the US, which will severely limit the appeal of this new smartphone.
    However
    , it is unique and offers one of the last remaining hardware QWERTY keyboards in a cool arrangment.The BlackBerry Priv is an Android smartphone with a 5.43 inch display that slides up to reveal a portrait-oriented QWERTY keyboard. I've moved beyond using a physical keyboard on my phone, as have most people, so I'm not sure there is a need for such a function. However, the design doesn't look to compromise thickness to accommodate the keyboard.

The BlackBerry Priv has high end specifications that include a Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and microSD card slot, 18 megapixel camera, rapid and wireless charging support, massive 3,410 mAh battery, and more.
    From the ZDnet "10 best smartphones for the 2015 holiday season" article, published today.
    Priv, the ugly, the bad, the erroneous device ... ranked #8
    Seems highly compliant with a 5 mil. sales target, if you ask me.

Source :10 best smartphones for the 2015 holiday season | ZDNet
    10-22-15 12:00 PM
    749 USD!!! That's a bloody fortune!
    Is this only the pre-order price?
    Will it go down later?

Bad name, and now bad price
    Posted via CB10
    Rumor is that it will quickly drop to $700 US. Rational: That's what happened with the Passport.
    10-22-15 12:01 PM
    Yes, $140.00 for 2 lines with unlimited nationwide talk & text, mms, caller ID, voicemail and 6GB shared data, so $70 per month per line for all that is great value imo
    $48/5GB unlimited nationwide. Koodo. Granted you need to jump some hoops but your plan is terrible in relative.
    10-22-15 12:02 PM
    No they don't.... lot's of people desire an iPhone, but their budget forces them to settle for an Android (with an average retail price of $254).
    If they have $254 in the pocket, they either buy a used IP5 or another low range Android device, sure.
    Either way, they'll never buy the Priv, and BlackBerry don't expect they will.
    10-22-15 12:05 PM
    Do we have any official confirmation that the Priv will be coming to Verizon?
    10-22-15 12:17 PM
    How can you compare a passport to a priv? The Passport is cheap because they can't sell them. Nobody wants Passport with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody is the wrong word. Many on here, including myself, wouldn't trade a Passport for any other phone on the market. Maybe the Priv will change that is the Hub is done right and super easy to access like on BB10. Communications in #1 for me. Apps a distant #2. If people used a BB10 and realized how efficient the OS is for communications, they wouldn't be using an iPhone if communications was there priority. They don't know what they don't know.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-22-15 12:19 PM
    you guys have to understand that BlackBerry is what i would compare role royce to a ford. BlackBerry is a a roles royce, Samsung and others are the fords, Chevys, etc. So stop ******** about the price. BlackBerry is a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    Says you.
    10-22-15 12:20 PM
    $48/5GB unlimited nationwide. Koodo. Granted you need to jump some hoops but your plan is terrible in relative.
    Yeah, I have a Telus Mobility line (loyalty plan from way back) that gives me 10GB of data and unlimited everything for $55 per month but unfortunately would not be eligible for a subsidized phone whereas my Robbers lines are eligible.
    10-22-15 12:43 PM
    Yeah, I have a Telus Mobility line that gives me 10GB of data and unlimited everything for $55 per month but unfortunately would not be eligible for a subsidized phone whereas my Robbers lines are eligible.
    In that case if you add up the cost, you'll still come ahead buying it outright. Only difference really is you need to pay it upfront, "subsidies" don't really exist these days.

And actually my line is technically "upgrade eligible", just that I might lose it if I do and need to jump through hoops again. It is an in-market plan.
    10-22-15 12:44 PM
    In that case if you add up the cost, you'll still come ahead buying it outright. Only difference really is you need to pay it upfront, "subsidies" don't really exist these days.

And actually my line is technically "upgrade eligible", just that I might lose it if I do and need to jump through hoops again. It is an in-market plan.
    Yeah, except for the fact that I would be paying the $70 per month on those lines regardless so I may as well pay $400 instead of $800 for the phone. I don't have a problem with the $70 per month so I'll probably do just that. I do agree, usually I just buy the phones outright but since I have no device balance on several Robber's lines I may as well get the subsidy this time.
    10-22-15 12:53 PM
    At this price... BlackBerry can keep its PRIV###. I'll keep my Passport for few more years, then I'll switch to an affordable Android.
    10-22-15 12:57 PM
    I think it was already said that it was going on all 4 major carriers in the US.
    10-22-15 01:06 PM
    I think it was already said that it was going on all 4 major carriers in the US.
    Yes, that's correct.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    10-22-15 01:12 PM
    How did you get that? i'm ready to jump off cliffs to get that not just hoops!
    10-22-15 01:15 PM
    At this price... BlackBerry can keep its PRIV###. I'll keep my Passport for few more years, then I'll switch to an affordable Android.
    thats what i did i switch between my passport, classic, and a cheap zenfone2 that performs pretty well
    10-22-15 01:18 PM
    How did you get that? i'm ready to jump off cliffs to get that not just hoops!
    Go to HowardForums and look under the Koodo section.
    10-22-15 01:19 PM
    Go to HowardForums and look under the Koodo section.
    wow, interesting. is this okay though? no hidden tricks? i reside in quebec but i have a 613# which is usually what Ontario numbers start with. will it work for me? sorry i couldn't read the whole thing yet
    10-22-15 01:26 PM
    People, people... people... don't you get it?

The Priv was not successful. It was up for pre-sale and didn't sell.

Chairman Johnny gave the word. It didn't sell... so we're out of hardware.

And just in case any of you think that's just a farcical conclusion... maybe... but no more farcical than a price tag of $749 USD.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-22-15 01:27 PM
    This was probably them testing the waters.

"Leak" a page with high prices to gauge the interest, drop it a little bit at release and then people won't think they are spending too much. People think o well $800 isn't as bad as $949!

In all reality, they need to slash the price!

In my opinion this phone is designed to gather the interest of current Android users. They want to take people away from their Samsung brick phones, and bring them back to a BlackBerry.

That's not going to work when you are charging a premium price. Samsung,HTC, LG can charge those prices for their flagships because they already have that reputation and image. BlackBerry is a new comer to this game, gotta charge lower to interest people.

I sure as hell won't be paying over a grand for an Android device, even if it is a BlackBerry!

Posted via the BlackBerry Classic
    I like this idea and can't hold it against them if they're baiting folk. If BlackBerry is listening to the market and customer response to their leaked ideas, then I would be elated. If they dropped the price from 749usd to 699usd, that would do a lot to help the perceived value at launch and in the long run as a company serious about selling phones.

That said, the Venice is packing a lot of value beyond its basic specs, and I don't scoff at the idea of the phone being 749usd at lauch. It is what it is, and considering the full package, it's more impressive than any other phone on the market.

Custom hardware is expensive: just take a look at the new Microsoft Surface Book.
    10-22-15 01:30 PM
    Yeah but I was referring to a post that said it's the same pricing as the iPhone 6+

Posted via CB10
    The base iPhone 6S + with 16 GB drive is $750 in the U.S. pre tax.

I suggest everyone start tweeting, posting on Reddit, and make it loud and clear that we think the price is high. BlackBerry apparently uses this as marketing. Especially this is what they are using as their primary marketing channel instead of launch events.

Here?s What People Are Saying about PRIV by BlackBerry (Updated) | Inside BlackBerry

I did my part:

https://twitter.com/ToniCipriani5/st...22391684583424
    I dunno, makes one come across as an entitled b00b. There is obviously at least one feature about the Priv that is attractive to "you" but for what-ever reason not worth the price and therefore the phone itself should be meaningless to you. Otherwise you just want it just to have it.

I was not sold on this whole Android BlackBerry thing for a long time. Check out my posting history; a year ago I was saying that if BlackBerry went Android then I was gone. Now however, I am sold--largely because despite the OS at the end of the day it is still going to be a BlackBerry through and through. Another motivating factor is the fact that I paid $450 upfront back in the day for a Curve (partially because doing so would keep me grandfathered into my current plan) when my Perl bit the dust and then later paid $150 for my Bold on contract at a time when flagship Androids were going for $100 or less on contract.

With that, I do find it suspicious that the pre-order page came and went rather quickly. Whether it was faux pas or intentional, I dunno, but I am leaning towards intentional. The reasoning: to give BlackBerry an indication on who is paying attention and to help gauge interests overall. This will help them decide how to officially launch the Priv and if and when and where a lowered promotional price is necessary.

I will not be purchasing this phone at the $949 price point. (just in case BB is reading)

And this is coming from someone who has had a BB device in every generation since the 950.
    Post like this crack me up. If you really wanted BlackBerry to read this you would have contacted them directly. Maybe you have but by posting this here your real intentions are for us to read, not BlackBerry.

Yeah, every indication it is.
    10-22-15 01:31 PM
    The base iPhone 6S + with 16 GB drive is $750 in the U.S. pre tax.

I dunno, makes one come across as an entitled b00b. There is obviously at least one feature about the Priv that is attractive to "you" but for what-ever reason not worth the price and therefore the phone itself should be meaningless to you. Otherwise you just want it just to have it.

I was not sold on this whole Android BlackBerry thing for a long time. Check out my posting history; a year ago I was saying that if BlackBerry went Android then I was gone. Now however, I am sold--largely because despite the OS at the end of the day it is still going to be a BlackBerry through and through. Another motivating factor is the fact that I paid $450 upfront back in the day for a Curve (partially because doing so would keep me grandfathered into my current plan) when my Perl bit the dust and then later paid $150 for my Bold on contract at a time when flagship Androids were going for $100 or less on contract.

With that, I do find it suspicious that the pre-order page came and went rather quickly. Whether it was faux pas or intentional, I dunno, but I am leaning towards intentional. The reasoning: to give BlackBerry an indication on who is paying attention and to help gauge interests overall. This will help them decide how to officially launch the Priv and if and when and where a lowered promotional price is necessary.

Post like this crack me up. If you really wanted BlackBerry to read this you would have contacted them directly. Maybe you have but by posting this here your real intentions are for us to read, not BlackBerry.

Yeah, every indication it is.
    I'm also one who paid $600 for a Classic. But fact is fact, it's an LG G4 with a curved screen and a slider keyboard, and what everyone is saying. As much as BlackBerry wants to sell security and premium, they went Android and that's what Android users look for.
    10-22-15 01:33 PM
    wow, interesting. is this okay though? no hidden tricks? i reside in quebec but i have a 613# which is usually what Ontario numbers start with. will it work for me? sorry i couldn't read the whole thing yet
    Yep, Ontario Ottawa number. Heck if you're not comfortable, get a new Quebec with $50/$60 2GB/5GB, then port your 613 number over it.

I got mine with a Nexus 5 last year, sold it to get my Classic, and did the same for my friend.
    10-22-15 01:36 PM
    At this price I'd get an iPhone 6S instead.
    10-22-15 01:39 PM
    Keep in mind they still never announced a US price.

A user just purchased a Rogers preorder for $799 CAD, barely over $600 USD and far from the rumored $900.

I still say no more then $699 USD.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    thecurryman likes this.
    10-22-15 01:45 PM
307 ... 678910 ...