Really, two-thirds of a billion devices next year!!!
    09-22-15 09:41 PM
    yes, your arithmetric is flawless
    09-22-15 09:49 PM
    In the U.S. dominant players are . . .

----------

comScore Reports June 2015 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share

August 7, 2015

Android and Apple Continue to Lead All Smartphone Platforms with More Than 95% Combined Share of Market

RESTON, VA, August 7, 2015 – comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in digital media analytics, today released data from comScore MobiLens� and Mobile Metrix�, reporting key trends in the U.S. smartphone industry for June 2015. Apple ranked as the top smartphone manufacturer with 44.1 percent OEM market share, while Google Android led as the #1 smartphone platform with 51.6 percent platform market share. Facebook ranked as the top individual smartphone app.

Smartphone OEM Market Share

190.3 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones (76.7 percent mobile market penetration) during the three months ending in June. Apple ranked as the top OEM with 44.1 percent of U.S. smartphone subscribers (up 1.5 percentage points from March). Samsung ranked second with 28.1 percent market share, followed by LG with 8.3 percent, Motorola with 4.9 percent and HTC with 3.4 percent.

670,000,000 android phones will ship in 2016-comscore1.png

Smartphone Platform Market Share

Android ranked as the top smartphone platform in June with 51.6 percent market share, followed by Apple with 44.1 percent (up 1.5 percentage points from March), Microsoft with 2.9 percent, BlackBerry with 1.2 percent and Symbian with 0.1 percent.

670,000,000 android phones will ship in 2016-comscore2.png

Top Smartphone Apps

Facebook ranked as the top smartphone app, reaching 71.8 percent of the app audience, followed by YouTube (56.3 percent), Facebook Messenger (54.5 percent) and Google Search (50 percent).

670,000,000 android phones will ship in 2016-comscore3.png
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-22-15 09:50 PM
    When did they tout that?

If they do decide to charge their own customers for the experience suite - then screw that. That's like paying for the OS on a BB10 phone.

More likely, the suite comes with the BB phone and is monetized for other devices.
    It's always good to have a dream.
    09-22-15 11:15 PM
    Total package.....

Product Features & Performance
    Pricing
    MARKETING
    Pricing
    Retailer Support
    Pricing

Honestly I think it will simple come down to how many people "really" want a physical keyboard.
    09-23-15 08:23 AM
    according to statista.com; however if 1 percent of those sales went to the slider with "secure-android" then that will result in sales of the slider well beyond the total BB10 sales to date..... just saying.
    Boy are you dreaming. Do you see just how saturated the android market is?? This is a great time to jump in with an expensive slider! NOT!
    If you also haven't noticed, the price trend for mid and high end android devices is trending down in general (except for a very select few devices).
    BlackBerry will be lucky to sell .001% of that total market for the entire year (670,000). And I even doubt that many.
    09-23-15 10:42 AM
    But if Blackberry could settle into the top 5 in sales it would be a grand slam for them.
    OMG! You people are in another world. LOL.
    09-23-15 10:46 AM
    Looks like the market has matured,read the last paragraph
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) - BlackBerry Needs Software Growth: Morgan Stanley | Benzinga
    The last paragraph says it all.
    �We do not think launching Android-based BlackBerry devices will improve prospects, noting maturation of the handset market, the declining industry profit pool and competition from lower ASP models,� Faucette added.
    09-23-15 10:51 AM
    OMG! You people are in another world. LOL.
    Lol. Notice the word *if* in my quote. I should have added *huge if* to make you feel better. I'm not expecting it to happen.
    09-23-15 10:55 AM
    Boy are you dreaming. Do you see just how saturated the android market is?? This is a great time to jump in with an expensive slider! NOT!
    If you also haven't noticed, the price trend for mid and high end android devices is trending down in general (except for a very select few devices).
    BlackBerry will be lucky to sell .001% of that total market for the entire year (670,000). And I even doubt that many.
    It's saturated with touch screen devices. The differentiator is the one with the best marketing, in this case Samsung. And it's working for them as they are number 1 with Android.

We all know that the PKB market is in decline so the overall prospects for this phone don't look good. However, it is different in the sense that it is not just a PKB and offers the VKB option to users as well. Will it be enough to entice a small chunk (but big enough for BB) to try it out? Who knows? For BB's sake I hope so.
    09-23-15 10:59 AM
    The last paragraph says it all.
    “We do not think launching Android-based BlackBerry devices will improve prospects, noting maturation of the handset market, the declining industry profit pool and competition from lower ASP models,” Faucette added.
    So when did the Morgan Stanley stealers learn their arses from their elbows Furthermore I think your estimate of .001% of next years android buyers going "slider" might be rather low, 'cause I know someone who knows someone who owns a Samsung and who says she might buy a slider....
    09-23-15 11:39 AM
    Not even a select few. High end Android is taking a drubbing across the board. And high end is 1) where the margins are and 2) where you have to compete if you are a company with a lot of overhead.

It should be also noted the Xiaomi and Hwawei, two of the main darlings of Android, rely quite a bit on revenue generated from accessories and I believe Hwawei is also working on their own SoC. So in terms of hardware, BBRY does not have many advantages that can be translated to increased revenue, IMO.

BBRY also doesn't have a strong foothold in China and would need to build. That's a big market they don't have history in.
    lift likes this.
    09-23-15 12:31 PM
    Wow, 670m in 2016! If Slider gets 5% of that numbers in 2016, it would have sold 33.5 millions Slider per year. Just say Slider sales for $400 a piece that translate to $13,4000,000,000 per year in revenue. How high the stock price can be? To the moon! Just dreaming! Lol...
    09-23-15 12:46 PM
    Really, two-thirds of a billion devices next year!!!
    Over 1 Billion Android devices shipped last year, but only about 2/3 of them were smartphones. Google shows 1.6B active unique devices (based on devices logging into Google Play at least once per month), and of course, that effectively ignores all the Android phones in China and North Korea, where Google services are blocked by the government and aren't installed on the phones for sale there.
    TGR1 and FF22 like this.
    09-23-15 02:04 PM
    Wow, 670m in 2016! If Slider gets 5% of that numbers in 2016, it would have sold 33.5 millions Slider per year. Just say Slider sales for $400 a piece that translate to $13,4000,000,000 per year in revenue. How high the stock price can be? To the moon! Just dreaming! Lol...
    You are dreaming. In all likelihood, Blackberry won't even get 1% of that number.
    lift likes this.
    09-23-15 03:21 PM
40 12