To be fair, I am thoroughly disgusted with HP for what they did with webOS a well...
    12-24-15 03:22 PM
    To be fair, I am thoroughly disgusted with HP for what they did with webOS a well...
    You're off the chain dude.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-15 04:12 PM
    My. Investment in the passport is depreciated
    I have never thought of a phone purchase as an investment - I treat a phone purchase as a disposable gadget that depreciates from the moment I pay for it just like all other electronics. I must be missing something?
    12-24-15 04:19 PM
    Ha... missing $500+ maybe?
    12-24-15 04:41 PM
    It's easy to quote Chen considering he is the only one at BlackBerry to speak to the public.

To your first paragraph, Chen is saying things to the public that should be kept to the Boardroom only. Going public with the possibility of exiting hardware on the eve of perhaps BlackBerry's most crucial device is absolutely nuts. And telling the world that he only wants to sell 5M handsets is stupid, too. That is, what, 0.3% of global market share? But hey, I suppose his point might be, "If we fail, at least I never said we would not".
    Yes. The Board did the same thing before the launch of Z30. They said the company was up for sale. Who would buy BlackBerry phones with this kind of public statements from the Board and CEO?
    They are repeating the same PR mistakes with the Priv that they made with BB10.
    12-24-15 07:04 PM
    Yes. The Board did the same thing before the launch of Z30. They said the company was up for sale. Who would buy BlackBerry phones with this kind of public statements from the Board and CEO?
    He said they need to sell at least 5 million handsets To be profitable. Even though he said "if handsets don't become profitable we can exit the hardware market", it is doubtful, that they will. It looks like between the priv and the Vienna, they should easily hit the 5 million mark.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-15 08:27 PM
    I have already called for the board to fire the CEO & themselves... aren't there any laws against incompetence in the frozen north ??

12-25-15 12:59 AM
    I have already called for the board to fire the CEO & themselves... aren't there any laws against incompetence in the frozen north ??
    We are too busy building our igloos to worry about these things.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:11 AM
    Igloos with sandbox floors for Syrians in little Arabia just outside Winnipeg... they will house the rest in Waterloo in the disused BlackBerry buildings...
    12-25-15 10:41 AM
    12-25-15 11:36 AM
    Key word: software

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    12-25-15 11:45 AM
    Key word: software

Key phrase: "stock soaring 13 percent". If we want BBerry to continue making phones they have to continue making money. So, this is decent news.
    12-25-15 11:50 AM
    I took my BlackBerry Priv back and bought another BlackBerry Z10, I would buy another BlackBerry 10 phone in a heartbeat, but I know they won't make another one. The BlackBerry Priv was just to big for me, so I took it back and am waiting on the Blackberry Vienna. 🔟

Posted Via Aaron's BlackBerry Z10 
    12-25-15 12:01 PM
    Key phrase: "stock soaring 13 percent". If we want BBerry to continue making phones they have to continue making money. So, this is decent news.
    If we want BlackBerry to continue making phones, they have to make money selling phones.

12-25-15 12:13 PM
    Now that was a real corporate tragedy. Your comparison to BlackBerry is not accurate, fair and not based in fact. It's all your perception of worth or a lack of your PP being worth a lot of money in 4 years.

Fear not. Palm pre 3 are selling for over $150 today. For $400 in 2011 the hardware was trash. WebOs was great.

To be fair we are getting much more now than the Pinnacle of WebOs. Geezzz Louis

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    12-25-15 01:26 PM
    For we who see $500 or more as an investment, especially in longevity of the device as remaining useful, I guess I would not buy a device from BlackBerry ever again what with their "here today, gone tomorrow" attitude... I would certainly further consider their corporate folderol if I were in the market for security software or IoT. BlackBerry is dead to me for leaving me in a lurch...
    Doesn't matter who you buy a phone from. They're not investments. They're considered a disposable good. We live in a disposable society and the phone companies are built on a 2 year replacement cycle. Just because we've gone to a BYOD arrangement with carriers, doesn't mean they're not going to find ways to push us to buy new devices frequently. Similar to desktops/laptops where nowadays cheaper to buy new one every couple of years. You got what you paid for at time of purchase. It's been known since rollout, BB10 was an OS with no app ecosystem... the company almost went under 10-11 months later. All public knowledge. How did they let you down? You're lucky they didn't "Palm" you..

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:39 PM
    5 Million is just a number....

With the PRIV at $700 (US) and the "cheaper" Vienna at.... maybe $500 (US). Who knows they might could make money selling only 2 Million. It really depends on how much overhead there is in R&D for these Android devices. I imagine that once the Marshmallow update is finished, that there will be some scaling down going on at BlackBerry. They'll be able to revert to keeping up with Android's monthly security updates and the few BlackBerry Apps will go into upkeep mode.

Thinking the BlackBerry Experience suite of Apps might have been nixed..... someone figured out that building an app isn't the same as making profits from apps.
    12-28-15 11:45 AM
    Wow! Crackberry is one positive site even in the face of impending calamity. The Priv is unlikely to save BlackBerry. Too many mistakes that will eventually count against it. As mentioned by others, priced too high and scarcely availbale.

For a company that is trying to stay alive in the face of countless Android manufacturers those two costly mistakes are death in the coffin.

I would love to buy the Priv 2 but I don't see it happening. I have already started trying to decide on the alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 12:02 PM
    ... not to forget the shoddy build quality.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 12:04 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD