Are you sure can upgrade the ram ??????
    12-25-17 02:07 PM
    A friend is flying in so the phone will be flying in together instead of posting.
    After the upgrade, my phone will be posted via airmail. So I can let you know which courier company my friend uses.
    12-25-17 04:43 PM
    Are you sure can upgrade the ram ??????
    Not sure why you're not convinced...

12-25-17 08:59 PM
    Final update:

After 2 full weeks of usage, a slight lag did eventually return, but definitely not as serious as it used to be, i.e. the most obvious in the past being the BlackBerry Launcher app drawer opening empty, and app search skipping letters. This did not occur, maybe it skipped letters once or twice. It's not to the point where I was forced to reboot the phone, the lag shows it's recovering. All I really had to do was clear the launcher recent. If anything, during the lag when I checked memory usage, it wasn't even full, just over 3GB.

Other apps themselves still run smooth, with the exception of Drivemode, where it did lag a bit and didn't interact properly with BlackPlayer (kept skipping songs), though this could also be a bug with Drivemode itself as well, so again, software. Force stopping it after an update seemed to have helped.

Another possible source of trouble was Google Photos, there was this sync with 1 photo that seemed stuck, even though the sync was all completed. That was rectified, but impact seemed minimal though.

If anything I don't think this is the phone's hardware fault anymore but the remaining issues are all software. Chrome still opens Javascript/ad heavy/poorly coded sites (e.g. MobileSyrup, Walmart Canada) well, usually by this time I would start getting "Chrome is not responding" frequently already, and the McDs app isn't stuck bouncing laggy fries.

All-in all, I think the upgrade is a success, so I think I can use this for the next while. If only BlackBerry opened up the bootloader... I would be able to fix all that with a Nougat/Oreo ROM, lol.
    12-30-17 09:35 AM
    Replace that 808 next and it will be even better lol

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    01-01-18 10:49 AM
    Apologies if this was already discussed but is there a limit on how many phones you can bring into China with you? Hopefully going to try to get this upgrade done in a few months when I'm in Beijing. Have 2 Privs I would like upgraded although I'm thinking of getting a KEYone also. I'd be carrying another phone to keep with me the rest of the trip so I'm not sure how that would look to Customs/airport security.

Alternatively is mailing the devices a (better) option? Or are they selling pre-modded devices for mailing? Really wanting to upgrade at least one Priv but with the different languages it's a bit confusing.
    01-01-18 02:51 PM
    is there a limit on how many phones you can bring into China with you?
    No.
    01-01-18 03:15 PM
    Apologies if this was already discussed but is there a limit on how many phones you can bring into China with you? Hopefully going to try to get this upgrade done in a few months when I'm in Beijing. Have 2 Privs I would like upgraded although I'm thinking of getting a KEYone also. I'd be carrying another phone to keep with me the rest of the trip so I'm not sure how that would look to Customs/airport security.

Alternatively is mailing the devices a (better) option? Or are they selling pre-modded devices for mailing? Really wanting to upgrade at least one Priv but with the different languages it's a bit confusing.
    Technically no, but it's very common for people to smuggle used phones to sell in China, and they might stop you.

With that being said... something came up with my phone, let's say fatally. I'm back on my Nexus right now.

I'm trying to contact the guy for a solution, I'll give an update once I hear back.
    vincentkong and bqik like this.
    01-01-18 04:41 PM
    I really wish this update of Ram was available in the USA. I would be all over it.
    bibbula likes this.
    01-04-18 01:26 AM
    Technically no, but it's very common for people to smuggle used phones to sell in China, and they might stop you.

With that being said... something came up with my phone, let's say fatally. I'm back on my Nexus right now.

I'm trying to contact the guy for a solution, I'll give an update once I hear back.
    Any update on the fatally issue?
    01-08-18 05:52 AM
    Any update on the fatally issue?
    I've contacted him, and will be bringing it back to him to look at the issue, but that won't be till March. Still not sure what the cause is., so I don't want to pin it on the mod as the cause yet. The mod does come with a 1 year warranty.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-08-18 03:27 PM
    I've contacted him, and will be bringing it back to him to look at the issue, but that won't be till March. Still not sure what the cause is., so I don't want to pin it on the mod as the cause yet. The mod does come with a 1 year warranty.
    Would you mind briefly describe the fatally? Or, if you think it is not good to write in here, please send private message to me. Coz, I am thinking to send my Priv to him for MOD.
    Thanks.
    01-10-18 12:25 AM
    Would you mind briefly describe the fatally? Or, if you think it is not good to write in here, please send private message to me. Coz, I am thinking to send my Priv to him for MOD.
    Thanks.
    Pm'ed
    01-10-18 12:52 PM
    Pm'ed
    Im also curious.
    01-10-18 04:00 PM
    Replace that 808 next and it will be even better lol

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    I can't get the bb kb to laod on my pixel 2... strange. just the normal BlackBerry Manager?
    01-10-18 04:26 PM
    I can't get the bb kb to laod on my pixel 2... strange. just the normal BlackBerry Manager?
    Yeah the same one that Cobalt originally made. Never fails for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    01-10-18 05:10 PM
    Yeah the same one that Cobalt originally made. Never fails for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Hmm kept getting install error. Will try tonight again. Can't really use any other kb.
    01-10-18 05:17 PM
    Hmm kept getting install error. Will try tonight again. Can't really use any other kb.
    If you want it directly from me, you can send me a PM
    01-10-18 06:24 PM
    I found a link.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    axllebeer likes this.
    01-10-18 06:37 PM
    Thanks. That's the same link I install on the rest of the devices from... Samsung, mate 9 etc. Just would not install on a pixel 2.
    01-10-18 06:45 PM
    Anybody got an extra one of this I will purchase in a heartbeat. Definitely interested let me know.
    01-10-18 10:25 PM
    Thanks. That's the same link I install on the rest of the devices from... Samsung, mate 9 etc. Just would not install on a pixel 2.
    Did you open blackberry manager and select which keyboard to make default and also go into settings to do the same? I couldn't get my BlackBerry keyboard to show until I did those things. Now it works great on my OnePlus 5t.
    01-11-18 06:25 AM
    Anybody got an extra one of this I will purchase in a heartbeat. Definitely interested let me know.
    Extra Priv? Or extra Priv with the 4gb ram mod. If you want the former, I have one with a case. Will let it go for $100. Works fine.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-11-18 06:27 AM
    Im also curious.
    Me too. I was thinking of sending mine out this month.
    01-11-18 09:28 AM
    Did you open blackberry manager and select which keyboard to make default and also go into settings to do the same? I couldn't get my BlackBerry keyboard to show until I did those things. Now it works great on my OnePlus 5t.
    It never finishes installing. I've installed in countless android. Thought it is a 8.1 thing until I saw his post.
    /android-apps-f444/working-blackberry-priv-apps-any-android-device-no-root-required-1059855-post13102142/

I have also not tried since then, been busy. Will retry soon.
    01-11-18 10:41 AM
340 ... 89101112 ...