I charged it for 8hrs last night. Only at 80% when I woke up. 2hrs off the charger and it's at 45%...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 09:05 AM
    Try resetting it. Usually works for me on the m9.
    11-09-15 09:06 AM
    Clearly either your unit is defective or your charger is not OEM.
    11-09-15 09:07 AM
    Swapping mine today for poor battery performance.

11-09-15 09:13 AM
    I used the charger that came in the box. Did a couple reboots. Haven't tried an actual reset. Didn't think a brand new phone should need that. Since I got it a full battery has lasted about 5hrs under normal use for me, which is pretty heavy. Yesterday I got 10hrs out of it but didn't use it much. It also gets really hot. I expected that with heavy use coming from a Z10. Was surprised this morning when it was super hot just coming off the charger.

11-09-15 09:16 AM
    Yes sounds defective to me.

I'm on my 4th day and the battery is getting better and better every day. Still not where l want it, but getting there.
    bbfanatic11 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:23 AM
    Sounds like it's still constantly syncing something. And it should't be after all this time. Try deleting the email addresses and reentering them.
    11-09-15 09:24 AM
    Download this app from the Play Store. It tells you what is eating up your battery and how to optimize your settings. I am getting good battery life. I come from Android, so I am familiar with how to optimize it to get peak performance. This app should help you out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nos.dxbs&hl=en
    11-09-15 09:27 AM
    I used the charger that came in the box. Did a couple reboots. Haven't tried an actual reset. Didn't think a brand new phone should need that. Since I got it a full battery has lasted about 5hrs under normal use for me, which is pretty heavy. Yesterday I got 10hrs out of it but didn't use it much. It also gets really hot. I expected that with heavy use coming from a Z10. Was surprised this morning when it was super hot just coming off the charger.

Do a factory reset. 'didn't think that a brand new phone should need that'
    It was brand new before you started touching it. It's not brand new once you've used it and obviously any device can encounter bugs at any moment in time.

You're wasting your time here, it's obviously a problem. Factory reset the phone if reboots don't help and you can't troubleshoot whatever is using your battery.
    11-09-15 10:13 AM
    Took mine back today battery was awful ... waiting for my carrier to receive another batch and ill give it a second try...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:48 PM
    Took mine back today battery was awful ... waiting for my carrier to receive another batch and ill give it a second try...

Posted via CB10
    What carrier you with? I have to take mine back but all the att stores are out of stock.

3junior likes this.
    11-09-15 05:03 PM
    personal stats:
    Took off charger this morning at 6:00am.
    It's 5:00pm of the same day.
    My battery is at 42%
    It's saying I have 9 hours left.
    screen time on 3h 19m 37s
    I'm syncing 8 gmail accounts once an hour in the hub.
    I streamed ESPN app on ATT network during my lunch hour for 45 minutes.
    I'm streaming Bomani Jones on the ESPN app. 45 minutes on ATT network driving home. One hour+ on my home Wifi listing to same app.
    I read Crackberry throughout the day.

People with 10 minute batteries have a problem, and it's not normal. Please bring the phone back and get another one!!
    3junior and Jiggy1971 like this.
    11-09-15 05:04 PM
    Lollipop isn't known as being battery friendly it's the scourge of batteries across the android kingdom. Wait till marshmallow with doze things should get a lot better
    11-09-15 05:48 PM
    Im with telus

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 05:58 PM
    I had the same over the weekend. Come to find out I was syncing a bunch of hoopla in the Gmail app and the hub. Factory reset, added my email accounts again and didn't do the transfer from my Passport.

I made it through the day with about 40% battery. Still home browsing, emailing, tweeting, BBM'n and I'm at 29%.

11-09-15 06:04 PM
    A few days of testing reveals streaming audio drains the battery much slower than using Crackberry and sending/receiving messages. But the battery still lasts all day and most of the evening.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 06:59 PM
    Let it settle in for another month.
    dannykavs and JeepBB like this.
    11-09-15 07:17 PM
    That's weird. Mine charges in no time. I have had mine going today, emailing, texting, BBMing, Surfing, Taking photos, videos, wifi, bluetooth, etc. and it is at 38% after 12 hours. I do not think that is too bad.
    11-09-15 07:26 PM
    One thing I noticed, coming from BB10, the android has way too many notifications. Good God! I spent hours trying to disable all different notification from every app in the settings.

Try that first. Turn of all the unnecessary notifications and turn off vibrate with notifications except for the very important accounts.

11-09-15 08:46 PM
    personal stats:
    Took off charger this morning at 6:00am.
    It's 5:00pm of the same day.
    My battery is at 42%
    It's saying I have 9 hours left.
    screen time on 3h 19m 37s
    I'm syncing 8 gmail accounts once an hour in the hub.
    I streamed ESPN app on ATT network during my lunch hour for 45 minutes.
    I'm streaming Bomani Jones on the ESPN app. 45 minutes on ATT network driving home. One hour+ on my home Wifi listing to same app.
    I read Crackberry throughout the day.

People with 10 minute batteries have a problem, and it's not normal. Please bring the phone back and get another one!!
    Isnt GMAIL Push
    11-09-15 08:52 PM
    I downloaded that app. It identified "blackberry services" as the process draining the battery and generating the heat. I'm with ATT. Nothing syncing. Nothing running in the background. Solid connection to mobile network and wifi.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:03 PM
    Yesterday I put it through its paces. BBMing, texting, emailing, surfing, a few calls, made a couple videos, a few pictures and from 645am till when I put it on charger at 1110pm it was at 14%. I think a few more tweaks and 22.5 hours isn't far off.

Jiggy1971 on his Priv
    11-10-15 06:51 AM
    A few days of testing reveals streaming audio drains the battery much slower than using Crackberry and sending/receiving messages. But the battery still lasts all day and most of the evening.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Of course. What drains the battery first and foremost on all phones, even on bb10, is the display.

Audio streaming is peanuts.

Video streaming (display again) is the way to test how good your phone and your battery are.

Just try livestreaming TV for 6 hours and mirror it to a large screen display. Let's see if you have any battery left.

Or try doing a two-three 2-hour long lecture presentations with slides in powerpoint per day on a big screen, as I use my Passport.

Let's see how android phones, including the Priv, or the iphone, hold up to that use scenario.
    11-10-15 07:40 AM
    What carrier you with? I have to take mine back but all the att stores are out of stock.

AT&T is all out of stock

11-10-15 07:41 AM
    If you use Google now cards it will suck up your battery badly. This happens in every android phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:15 AM
29 12