11-10-15 07:58 AM
29 12
tools
    I don't know if the phone has Profiles...
    Sorta.

Not sure if the Priv acts like stock Lollipop, but press a volume key. You'll see None, Priority and All. Tap Priority and you'll see a Gear icon where you can modify what gets through.

There's also another popular app called Tasker which I'm guessing old-school BlackBerry users will love. Tasker basically lets you create "Profiles" to automate darn near anything. But it can be a complex app, depending on what you're trying to do.
    11-08-15 10:03 AM
    One other thing that isn't working is Facebook in the Hub, I see it there but none of the notifications come through (they are going through on my Z30) unless it's only FB Messenger?
    11-08-15 06:59 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user since the first Pearl and have bought every Bold, Z10/Z30, last year I had a Passport for 24hrs but wanted to try something new so I bought a Samsung Note 4. Loved Android for its flexibility but after 4 months I couldn't deal with not having the HUB.

So I sold the Note 4 and went back to a Z30, when I saw this PRIV was coming out I knew it was going to be the Hybrid I wanted and I was right. Been playing with it since I picked it up yesterday, I am so slow on the PKB lol Sure I miss some gestures and I hope the Hub improves but it's WAY better than stock android and I'm happy with it for sure.

So far the one thing I can't figure out is how, if possible I can set notifications for apps, I know it doesn't get as granular as BB10 but I can't figure it out, if not is there an App for that, which one is good? (Example, BBM vibrated once with green LED, txt vibrated twice with blue LED, calendar 3 vibrates, Gmail and Exchange mail no vibrate and no sound but red LED)

I'm super anxious to keep getting familiar with this BlackBerry.

JM
    Hi! JM, Glad to know that you are enjoying the device. Please keep us posted with more findings . I am eagerly waiting for the device to be launched in Dubai.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    11-08-15 07:37 PM
    Profiles and LED notifications is what makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry! I don't know if the phone has Profiles. It's clearly it doesn't have LED notifications app. Oh well BB10 when it first came out did not have it either so maybe it will be added later on.

Posted via CB10
    It does not have a dedicated app...each app has settings inside of itself to control the notifications, vibration, and LED functions. Again as I stated before... If I don't like how the messenger or email app or even HUB works...I can go download a 3rd party app to take over that I like better...if all the settings were integrated like on BB10 (or even iOS) you can't do that. Gives you a little more flexibility.
    11-10-15 07:58 AM
29 12