I've been a BlackBerry user since the first Pearl and have bought every Bold, Z10/Z30, last year I had a Passport for 24hrs but wanted to try something new so I bought a Samsung Note 4. Loved Android for its flexibility but after 4 months I couldn't deal with not having the HUB.

So I sold the Note 4 and went back to a Z30, when I saw this PRIV was coming out I knew it was going to be the Hybrid I wanted and I was right. Been playing with it since I picked it up yesterday, I am so slow on the PKB lol Sure I miss some gestures and I hope the Hub improves but it's WAY better than stock android and I'm happy with it for sure.

So far the one thing I can't figure out is how, if possible I can set notifications for apps, I know it doesn't get as granular as BB10 but I can't figure it out, if not is there an App for that, which one is good? (Example, BBM vibrated once with green LED, txt vibrated twice with blue LED, calendar 3 vibrates, Gmail and Exchange mail no vibrate and no sound but red LED)

I'm super anxious to keep getting familiar with this BlackBerry.

JM
    _tC, BerryRipe, aspurrell and 3 others like this.
    11-07-15 06:57 PM
    Glad like it

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:02 PM
    Email and exchange is done in the hub settings, for text messages you gotta set it in the sms app, basically you're only able to do whatever the app itself allows you too. Open each app and check what options it gives you for notifications

Posted via CB for Android on a BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 07:06 PM
    I like to know if you can have different color LED for notification.
    11-07-15 07:16 PM
    I'm glad you like it!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:16 PM
    I'm sure you are just trying to make yourself feel better by spending $800 on an Android phone. Don't kid yourself pal and return it while you can.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:19 PM
    One glass of fruit punch Hater-ade coming right up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv
    11-07-15 07:21 PM
    I'm sure you are just trying to make yourself feel better by spending $800 on an Android phone. Don't kid yourself pal and return it while you can.

Posted via CB10
    **rolleyes** I spent the same $$$ on the Note 4 last year and that phone was crap in comparison to this PRIV.
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-07-15 07:29 PM
    Usually notification setting resides in app's setting. Some are customizable some are not. There is no standard centralized place to configure per app settingile in BB10.
    11-07-15 07:39 PM
    Usually notification setting resides in app's setting. Some are customizable some are not. There is no standard centralized place to configure per app settingile in BB10.
    I went through the Hub ones and then in the apps, will see how that goes, +1 for BB10 on notifications but so far that's all that I miss. I'm liking the VKB a lot more than on the Z30 actually, it's so good that I forget to slide open to use the PKB.
    11-07-15 07:42 PM
    App drawer (middle Icon 9dots) Settings (not Google settings), sounds and notifications, app sounds and notifications, everything should be there!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 08:01 PM
    My bad wait a minute

11-07-15 08:04 PM
    Customize notifications for an app

You can edit the notification settings for individual apps such as your email accounts,*BBM, and more.

Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.Tap*gear*>*Sound and notification*>*App notifications.Tap an app. to set a custom LED color for the app, turn on the*Customize LED Color*switch. Tap*LED Color*and then tap a color.To set the number of times your device vibrates when you receive a notification from the app, turn on the*Customize Vibrations*switch. TapNumber of Vibrations*and then tap a number.

godsgift123 likes this.
    11-07-15 08:21 PM

You can edit the notification settings for individual apps such as your email accounts,*BBM, and more.

Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.Tap*gear*>*Sound and notification*>*App notifications.Tap an app. to set a custom LED color for the app, turn on the*Customize LED Color*switch. Tap*LED Color*and then tap a color.To set the number of times your device vibrates when you receive a notification from the app, turn on the*Customize Vibrations*switch. TapNumber of Vibrations*and then tap a number.

Thanks, can't find "Customize LED Color" or Customize Vibrations but will keep looking, part of the fun
    11-07-15 08:46 PM
    If the included BlackBerry Settings don't work out, there's a popular app called "Light Flow" in the Google Play Store which allows for customization of notifications. I don't have a Priv to test it on, but it's always worked well on my Motorola phones.
    11-07-15 08:54 PM

Nope that only gives you 3 choices
    Block
    Priority
    Sensitive

Nothing related to led or vibration settings in there

via BlackBerry Priv using CB for Android
    11-07-15 09:13 PM
    It depends on the app you select, some apps don't allow customization. However there is another way as I have customized my notifications, unfortunately I can't remember how I did it ( to many glasses of vino tonight )

htc touch,9860,z10,z30,priv Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 09:29 PM
    I use Lightflow and Floatify for notifications on my Nexus 4. Combined they give you full control over the LED and pop up notifications (like setting different colors or replying to a message directly from the notification like on iOS)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightflow&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...floatify&hl=en
    11-07-15 09:33 PM
    BBM notifications including LED colour are in the settings within the BBM App.

11-07-15 10:57 PM

So far the one thing I can't figure out is how, if possible I can set notifications for apps, I know it doesn't get as granular as BB10 but I can't figure it out, if not is there an App for that, which one is good? (Example, BBM vibrated once with green LED, txt vibrated twice with blue LED, calendar 3 vibrates, Gmail and Exchange mail no vibrate and no sound but red LED)

I'm super anxious to keep getting familiar with this BlackBerry.

JM
    It does do granularity you can drill down to each app.
    11-08-15 01:10 AM
    I'm amazed how zippy fast it is to navigate around the screens and apps. And finally getting the hang of the awesome peak feature in this device.

11-08-15 03:28 AM
    OK I downloaded Light Flow and set it up, looks like you can control what happens in sleep mode as well which should be good, will see how it works now with this, thanks for the suggestions, this is the beauty of Android
    11-08-15 08:27 AM
    Notifications for apps in Android are done individually with in the settings for each app. Took me a while to figure that one out too. But after thinking about why it is done like that I like it. If I don't like how the messenger or email app or even HUB works...I can go download a 3rd party app to take over that I like better...if all the settings were integrated like on BB10 (or even iOS) you can't do that. Gives you a little more flexibility.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    11-08-15 08:52 AM
    Notifications for apps in Android are done individually with in the settings for each app. Took me a while to figure that one out too. But after thinking about why it is done like that I like it. If I don't like how the messenger or email app or even HUB works...I can go download a 3rd party app to take over that I like better...if all the settings were integrated like on BB10 (or even iOS) you can't do that. Gives you a little more flexibility.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    There you go!

That is the beauty of Android, you can create your own device experience and have it worke almost exactly the way you want.
    11-08-15 09:10 AM
    Profiles and LED notifications is what makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry! I don't know if the phone has Profiles. It's clearly it doesn't have LED notifications app. Oh well BB10 when it first came out did not have it either so maybe it will be added later on.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:21 AM
29 12