we still don't know the the real specs all of them are leaked (which is not 100% true) or rumored
    we don't know if the keyboard is touch sensitive like on the passport
    we don't know even what's the name of it

so what do you want in that slider what ifit isn't there will be your deal breaker
    I want a good name easy to say, the touch sensitive keyboard and high specs like the rumored ones or even higher but

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:50 AM
    I want the curved display ditched and an OS10 variant with back lit keys. I don't really care much about the touch sensitive keyboard but it wouldn't hurt to have. It would be really cool if it was also water resistant. All the android stuff is useless for me and I wont buy an android version even if it means no more android runtime.
    FF22, extisis and GLTruesdale like this.
    09-01-15 07:07 AM
    I want the curved display ditched and an OS10 variant with back lit keys. I don't really care much about the touch sensitive keyboard but it wouldn't hurt to have. It would be really cool if it was also water resistant. All the android stuff is useless for me and I wont buy an android version even if it means no more android runtime.
    He said talk reality, as in being realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-01-15 07:28 AM
    Realistically speaking my current expectations are that it won't have a BB10 skin. It's going to be a well equipped device hardware wise running stock Android enhanced with the BlackBerry productivity suite. Nothing more nothing less. While the skin (to have some differentiation) is something I was hoping for it won't be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    EuthanasiaUK and ayngling like this.
    09-01-15 08:30 AM
    The real deal breaker for me is how it will feel and look in my hands. If I don't like it I won't buy it. That's why when it goes out I am going to a store and play with it before deciding to buy.

I am really concerned with the size though. It looks awfully thick in the pictures.

Posted via CB10
    jbadowski likes this.
    09-01-15 08:49 AM
    Realistically speaking my current expectations are that it won't have a BB10 skin. It's going to be a well equipped device hardware wise running stock Android enhanced with the BlackBerry productivity suite. Nothing more nothing less. While the skin (to have some differentiation) is something I was hoping for it won't be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the stock Android part is its form of differentiation. Most people in the android community prefer a close to stock experience. And since no one really does that, BlackBerry is actually doing something very different.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:40 AM
    If it is running BB10 I will buy it immediately: if it is running Android with no BB10 option, it's not a done deal, even though I've been waiting for a modern portrait slider for literally years.
    BB2ooo and EuthanasiaUK like this.
    09-01-15 09:47 AM
    Actually, the stock Android part is its form of differentiation. Most people in the android community prefer a close to stock experience. And since no one really does that, BlackBerry is actually doing something very different.

Posted via CB10
    True but I was hoping for a completely different look such that when you see it you know it's BlackBerry' custom version. Similar to Samsung's TouchWiz and HTC's which I cannot recall the name of. Not a deal breaker by any means just thought it would be neat.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 10:26 AM
    He said talk reality, as in being realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    What's not realistic about any of that? I agree that its unlikely they will reveal the device with a different screen but its not impossible.
    09-01-15 10:29 AM
    for me specs are meaningless unless you have a fluid OS.... BB10 checks all the boxes... so does my wife's lg 3g... to show how important it is... was running Android KitKat on my Sammy tab 4.... worked wonder... no lag really zipped along... upgraded to lollipop last month... now it lags.. studders and is generally a pain in the ~ss..... bottom line.. you can have all the specs up the ying yang.,. if the OS is poorly adapted or full of boatware... does not matter how good you specs are you will be left wanting... besides... I am now waiting to hear how BB should used a faster proccessor, more memory etc...it never ends... that is why it is call the Bleeding Edge when you deal with specs...
    09-01-15 10:49 AM
    The torch put BlackBerry in a coffin, I think the slider will be the nail to end it all
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-01-15 10:57 AM
    For me I want it to have Android. I like BlackBerry 10 but I don't care that much about it. All OS's are great in their own way.

Used the z10 and now the Passport so I've done BlackBerry 10 and ready to move on now. Even better if it's an Android powered BlackBerry giving me the best of both worlds. Productivity and entertainment all in one powerful phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:04 AM
    Yep...if this phone isn't available with BB10, the BlackBerry hand set division as we know it will die.

If they want to make an Android version available, fantastic...I actually think it's a smart move. But don't abandon the faithful BlackBerry loyalists that have stuck around to keep the company above water!! Release a BB10 version and an Android version. Heck, if Chen, Inc thinks that the Android OS with BlackBerry hardware is the future, put that version in wide release and make available both a CDMA and GSM BB10 equipped Slider on Shop BlackBerry.

It is that simple.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Allanon89 like this.
    09-01-15 11:12 AM
    The torch put BlackBerry in a coffin, I think the slider will be the nail to end it all
    Wrong, that was the original storm.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, Doggerz and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-01-15 11:15 AM
    Yep...if this phone isn't available with BB10, the BlackBerry hand set division as we know it will die.

If they want to make an Android version available, fantastic...I actually think it's a smart move. But don't abandon the faithful BlackBerry loyalists that have stuck around to keep the company above water!! Release a BB10 version and an Android version. Heck, if Chen, Inc thinks that the Android OS with BlackBerry hardware is the future, put that version in wide release and make available both a CDMA and GSM BB10 equipped Slider on Shop BlackBerry.

It is that simple.

Posted via CB10
    It's already dying. I agree they'd be smart to make both variants but it's going to take a hell of an effort on their end to make it all come together.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:17 AM
    Wrong, that was the original storm.

Posted via CB10
    It was both.
    09-01-15 11:20 AM
    The Torch hurt BlackBerry because it was an at&t exclusive. Slider should help but there has to be both versions BB10 and droid-berry if ya like

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    09-01-15 11:31 AM
    It was both.
    Didn't the torch do decently well though?

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla likes this.
    09-01-15 11:36 AM
    Didn't the torch do decently well though?

Posted via CB10
    At least in Canada, I've seen the slider Torch everywhere at one point.
    highos and BryanVilla like this.
    09-01-15 12:09 PM
    No stock android please. Either dual os or a android hybrid of some sort with blackberry productivity in place. A keyboard of he same quality of the classic and a good battery life that's all. Obviously spec wise it needs to be in line with other top of the line phones. I mean good screen size and apps on day 1 (without having to do work arounds) will sway some that miss there blackberry keyboards which from the people I know and have spoken with is what they want the most.

Posted via CB10
    EuthanasiaUK and Mike Owsley like this.
    09-01-15 12:26 PM
    Yea me too, knew a bunch of friends who had one.

Posted via CB10
    highos and BryanVilla like this.
    09-01-15 12:34 PM
    Hey you guys

Will those phone be able to make calls and send text messages?

I greatly fear that the six CPU cores, 8GB of RAM and the enormous screen will not be enough to do things like make and receive calls and send and receive emails.

Thanx
    meltbox360 likes this.
    09-01-15 12:50 PM
    You don't know what your talking about. The Torch was very successful. BB10 is already dead the slider is a attempted resurrection.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:17 PM
    I would like to back this sentiment. Everyone I knew that had the Torch 9800/9810 absolutely loved the device for as long as they were able to hold on to it. They were built like tanks and took some absolutely serious abuse without issue! The last one I had to change for one of my users didn't want to give it up as it had served him so well and that has been the trend for all of my users that were Torch users!

I don't understand where all this negativity is coming from... I'm use to everyone hating on the Storm - That I can understand even though I absolutely loved my original Storm with newer (leaked) firmware that was available on these forums at the time - I get that. But the slider? In my experience having served hundreds of users it was universally loved at the time - More so then the Bold 9900 which was the closest next available kin, and trust me the 9900 is still going strong.
    09-01-15 03:51 PM
    Both the Storm and the Torch were sales success..... both also were reasons that people left BlackBerry for good.

Personally... I want to see what they come up with on the Slider.

But I doubt it will run Marshmallow and the BlackBerry Experience... better than a the five or six new Flagship phones with straight Android schedule to hit later this year. Just think the BlackBerry Experience is going to be an unnecessary "bloatware".... for my usage. As much as I like the HUB... if the phone runs better without it... I'd have to weight the "cost" of having it.

Personally I'm looking to stick with an irrelevant OS.... watching the Lumia 940 XL.
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-01-15 03:57 PM
69 123