The price and ecosystem was a non issue. My Curve(s) were great for emails and battery life(two days) on 2G (EDGE). That changed with the BOLD 9000 and 3G. I'm still thinking about getting Slider - later. Definitely waiting a few months. LOL, waited a few years on the Z30. Great while it lasted.
    Just curious what would make you reach for an all touch android BlackBerry over anyone else - OnePlus, Samsung, HTC, LG etc.

Let's assume it's likely that whatever BlackBerry releases won't be as cutting edge for specs over the competition. Which is almost certainly going to be the case if they release an all touch variant.

The only excitment on the Android fan sites I see is over the pkb as a differentiating factor so was just wondering about your thoughts on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:31 PM
    Just curious what would make you reach for an all touch android BlackBerry over anyone else - OnePlus, Samsung, HTC, LG etc.

Let's assume it's likely that whatever BlackBerry releases won't be as cutting edge for specs over the competition. Which is almost certainly going to be the case if they release an all touch variant.

The only excitment on the Android fan sites I see is over the pkb as a differentiating factor so was just wondering about your thoughts on it.

Posted via CB10

Haven't you ever broken up with a girl... but kept going back, maybe even after she broke your heart and cheated on you (with Android). The heart wants what the heart wants..... BlackBerry.

Now I'm being silly, but the truth is.... we are silly creatures.
    09-02-15 03:10 PM
    Haven't you ever broken up with a girl... but kept going back, maybe even after she broke your heart and cheated on you (with Android). The heart wants what the heart wants..... BlackBerry.

Ah yes, the love/hate thing! Totally makes sense.
    09-02-15 03:15 PM

Minions ARE silly creature, for sure!
    Humans are just plain stupid (generally speaking of course)

"Ah yes, the love/hate thing! Totally makes sense."

09-02-15 03:58 PM
    @Reaney. The only thing I hate is poor customer service. I've had two iPhones and now two Sammies.....along with twelve BlackBerries. So, I've never had a problem with the other platforms and never participated in the ish-talking for one platform over the other. Actually, I was considering the Passport (still not sold on it). The problem- no Passports in the stores. When I asked about hands-on with one, the CS gave me a website and told me to go to it to see the video. LOL. You can't make this ish up. As far as the Slider, if I like it, I'll get it.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-02-15 04:02 PM
    I want a serious, classy, adult phone. I have a bit of a problem buying into something that might run on Lollipop, Marshmallow, Popcorn or goodness knows what.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ptdsb; 09-02-15 at 05:28 PM.
    09-02-15 05:15 PM
    I want a serious, classy, adult phone. I have a bit of a problem buying into something that might run on Lollipop, Marshmallow, Popcorn or goodness knows what.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Pickled-eggs, Corn-dogs, Powder-puff. Peanut-butter will be next. As far as the adult part- it's not the phones, it's the user and how one chooses to use it.
    09-02-15 05:47 PM
    The torch had outdated specs, many issues with its hardware, and was running BB7. The fact that you would even compare the two devices is laughable.
    The torch never had BB7.
    09-03-15 03:13 AM
    Well, I'm just evaluating the Passport SE right now and decided I'll only install apps when I do need them.
    It's been a few days only, but besides apps I found in BBWorld or Amazon, there's only 1 single app (a radar warnig named icoyotte) that required a manual installation (APK on my SD card).
    So ...
    Give me pure DNA (improved ?) BlackBerry10 and a passport-like experience and I'm fine.
    Realistic enough ? Must be me ...
    09-03-15 07:06 AM
    The torch never had BB7.
    9810 had bbos 7

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:18 AM
    The torch never had BB7.
    Yeah it was strange how BlackBerry released devices back then.... it was VERY common to find your eight month old BlackBerry could not run the latest BlackBerry OS. That at least is one thing that BB10 "fixed", at least for as long as BB10 has been the OS.
    09-03-15 07:36 AM
    This is a pretty interesting column about the Venice! I do hope Blackberry nails it with the Venice!

https://cheesenewsnetwork.wordpress....he-mainstream/
    09-03-15 07:41 AM
    Well, I'm just evaluating the Passport SE right now and decided I'll only install apps when I do need them.
    It's been a few days only, but besides apps I found in BBWorld or Amazon, there's only 1 single app (a radar warnig named icoyotte) that required a manual installation (APK on my SD card).
    So ...
    Give me pure DNA (improved ?) BlackBerry10 and a passport-like experience and I'm fine.
    Realistic enough ? Must be me ...

What is "pure DNA"?

Yeah there are many who can get by without Google Play, there are many who don't even what the Amazon Store, even a few that refuse to install Android Ports from BBWorld..... But I think we are past the point where BBWorld and Amazon are all the platform needs.

Too be honest, if they do release a future version of BB10 without the Android Runtime (what I'd call "pure DNA).... I'd install it. Think it would be interesting to experience what BB10 can do without the bloatware of the Runtime.... (Sadly I think BB10 has been mothballed in order to allow full Android certification - and there is not "profit" in a Runtimeless BB10)
    09-03-15 07:48 AM
    Personally I wish they would just get the device to market and not drag their feet like they have done in the past, I really believe there are folks here in the USA that would jump on the Android based device. Everyone I have turned on to OS10 loves the features, but their major grip is the half baked Android runtime embedded into the OS. That would all be fixed if the device will support the full Google app store and services. I will be the first one to buy the device the minute it becomes available. Now it's just waiting game!
    09-03-15 07:58 AM
    Yeah it was strange how BlackBerry released devices back then.... it was VERY common to find your eight month old BlackBerry could not run the latest BlackBerry OS. That at least is one thing that BB10 "fixed", at least for as long as BB10 has been the OS.
    True.

When my torch didn't receive OS7 I was pissed....wished I waited for the 9900.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-03-15 08:04 AM
    Personally I wish they would just get the device to market and not drag their feet like they have done in the past, I really believe there are folks here in the USA that would jump on the Android based device. Everyone I have turned on to OS10 loves the features, but their major grip is the half baked Android runtime embedded into the OS. That would all be fixed if the device will support the full Google app store and services. I will be the first one to buy the device the minute it becomes available. Now it's just waiting game!
    I would be very surprised if anyone is dragging their feet. They need to be on shelves in quantity by black Friday.
    09-03-15 09:43 AM
    What is "pure DNA"?
    May have written "As is" as well
    09-03-15 10:45 AM
    True.

When my torch didn't receive OS7 I was pissed....wished I waited for the 9900.
    You must have had the 9800 torch. The 9810 came with os 7 out of the box. No os6 phone got os7. BlackBerry's strategy back the was if you want the next generation software then you need to buy the next generation phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 10:50 AM
    You must have had the 9800 torch. The 9810 came with os 7 out of the box. No os6 phone got os7. BlackBerry's strategy back the was if you want the next generation software then you need to buy the next generation phone.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant strategy...
    09-04-15 02:18 AM
69 123