So I’ve had my Priv for TWO years, down to the exact day. Tonight I was using my phone in bed, sent off and email and set the phone down beside me. Within 10 seconds I picked it back up and boom - black screen with green lines ever so often.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve also attached a video demonstrating the issue.

- I’ve never had any previous issues
    - I’m currently in the Caribbean, it’s 80 degrees out
    - I still hear my notifications come in and the keypad still illuminates and it still vibrates
    - I never use the physical keyboard
    - I’ve tried holding the power button for 30 secs

Last edited by pealja; 11-05-18 at 05:38 PM.
    10-23-18 05:13 PM
    make sure power button not sticking.
    hold volume down button for reboot and safe mode.
    try some of the advice in priv jammed thread..
    you could do better than I did.
    Good luck.
    10-23-18 07:38 PM
    So I’ve had my Priv for TWO years, down to the exact day. Tonight I was using my phone in bed, sent off and email and set the phone down beside me. Within 10 seconds I picked it back up and boom - black screen with green lines ever so often.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve also attached a video demonstrating the issue.

- I’ve never had any previous issues
    - I’m currently in the Caribbean on business, it’s 80 degrees out
    - I still hear my notifications come in and the keypad still illuminates and it still vibrates
    - I never use the physical keyboard
    - I’ve tried holding the power button for 30 secs

Not sure how to help you, but seeing your video makes me really miss that priv form factor.
    10-23-18 07:45 PM
    @conite

Any chance of saving this one? Or time for a KEY2/LE ?
    10-24-18 07:50 AM
    @conite

Seems like something fried.
    10-24-18 08:29 AM
    @conite

i think i may spring for the KEY2. Since i still hear my notifications come in and the phone still vibrates at the same time, i'm assuming the screen is fried. I ordered a SlimPort today hoping i can get some data off this thing.
    10-24-18 11:40 AM
    i think i may spring for the KEY2. Since i still hear my notifications come in and the phone still vibrates at the same time, i'm assuming the screen is fried. I ordered a SlimPort today hoping i can get some data off this thing.
    The thing is the Priv's screen assembly is still pretty expensive even today so unless you can find one for cheap on ebay or some other broken Priv to salvage the part(s), it may not be worth spending the money on.

However if you can't get the data off using the slimport cable, and you absolutely need this data, then yeah you may need to replace the screen to access all of that and transfer it.

However, if we're talking about the contacts, calendar, photos, notes etc, if you were using the Google version of all those apps, chances are they're all backed up to your Gmail account.

The only way to try is by grabbing a new or factory reset android device and adding your Google account (same one as on the Priv) and see what Google has saved/backed up.
    10-24-18 12:14 PM
    10-25-18 01:56 AM
    SlimPort worked. Touch still works fine, I was able to retrieve the data I need. RIP my sweet Priv.
    the_boon and BlueOhSix like this.
    11-02-18 08:24 PM