Recently I'm really interested in John Chen's videos. I watched the Greater KW Chamber video, Tech Mix, Conversation with Rich Karlgaard, and Code Mobi videos for several times. I think John Chen is a pretty smart business man and know what he does.

What's more important is that he mentioned a lot of times that BlackBerry will have 4 new devices come out. And clearly don't include Passport and Classic, because by the time of the interview, those two are already came out for a while. And he clearly said there are 2 devices will come out after "Slider" (Which is Priv, but that time he still call it Slider)

One is the Leap for young graduates who just graduated from college and go to real world. Another is the Priv. However, there are only two devices, which means that there should be another two new devices come out.

He also mentioned again and again that if the smartphone cannot generate enough profit, which sells 5M units in 2016, then he will consider quit the smartphone market. But, he never said he wants Priv to sell 5M units, he just said the whole product lines, I guess maybe include Passport, Classic, Priv, Leap, and two other new phones which not released yet.

So, my guess is there should be 2 new phones come out in 2016, and maybe Priv is not blackberry's last try.

Will those two devices BB10? Or Android? We'll see in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 likes this.
    11-04-15 07:26 PM
    One may be the Porche 9984....the other one is unknown. I hope if they announce one it'll be a BB10 device. Not holding my breath though....
    11-04-15 07:31 PM
    I thought he had said previously that they had no plans as yet to release any bb10 devices but had at least 2 more updates planned for bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:47 PM
    Maybe classicDroid?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-04-15 07:48 PM
    Maybe classicDroid?
    That would be interesting

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 07:51 PM
    I seem to recall him saying recently that there would be maybe one or two new devices a year, that's assuming of course that the Priv is successful, otherwise there will be zero new devices.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    11-04-15 07:52 PM
    Passport droid
    kertong likes this.
    11-04-15 08:04 PM
    A Passport running Android is the most likely next phone. Who knows when though? I suspect 2016 to be a slow year for BlackBerry handsets other than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:26 PM
    A Classic-2 would be nice, with bigger battery.
    11-04-15 09:53 PM
    I imagine he might have meant a new porsch phone and the passport silver edition - but as the rest of you - I am praying for something more

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:04 PM
    Recently I'm really interested in John Chen's videos. I watched the Greater KW Chamber video, Tech Mix, Conversation with Rich Karlgaard, and Code Mobi videos for several times. I think John Chen is a pretty smart business man and know what he does.

What's more important is that he mentioned a lot of times that BlackBerry will have 4 new devices come out. And clearly don't include Passport and Classic, because by the time of the interview, those two are already came out for a while. And he clearly said there are 2 devices will come out after "Slider" (Which is Priv, but that time he still call it Slider)

One is the Leap for young graduates who just graduated from college and go to real world. Another is the Priv. However, there are only two devices, which means that there should be another two new devices come out.

He also mentioned again and again that if the smartphone cannot generate enough profit, which sells 5M units in 2016, then he will consider quit the smartphone market. But, he never said he wants Priv to sell 5M units, he just said the whole product lines, I guess maybe include Passport, Classic, Priv, Leap, and two other new phones which not released yet.

So, my guess is there should be 2 new phones come out in 2016, and maybe Priv is not blackberry's last try.

Will those two devices BB10? Or Android? We'll see in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    I never understood the marketing of Blackberry regarding the Leap: "..Leap for young graduates who just graduated from college and go to real world...". I mean are young graduates so brainwashed that they will overpay for a phone with low specs? Blackberry failed with the Leap and the Z3 because of their crappy pricing policy.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 11:52 PM
    A 3 screen (two inside for display and VKB, one external for notification) BB10 flip phone, don't laugh, markets are changing and so are the needs and wants of consumers.
    Have some future vision people.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-05-15 12:01 AM
    A BB10 flip phone. Don't laugh, markets are changing and so are the needs and wants of consumers.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    LG and Samsung has the flip phone game on lock.
    11-05-15 12:02 AM
    A 3 screen (two inside for display and VKB, one external for notification) BB10 flip phone, don't laugh, markets are changing and so are the needs and wants of consumers.
    Have some future vision people.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Sign me up! I loved my BB Style and used it for 4 years until the screens broke.
    11-05-15 12:05 AM
    LG and Samsung has the flip phone game on lock.
    But with BlackBerry Android, think of the path they're making in the market again.

Best thing I read all week was that (paraphrasing) "women in Asia don't want phablets now, they want a device with long battery life and security that will fit into their purse or pocket when they travel or go out with friends".

Back to the basics.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-05-15 12:06 AM
    But with BlackBerry Android, think of the path they're making in the market again.

Best thing I read all week was that (paraphrasing) "women in Asia don't want phablets now, they want a device with long battery life and security that will fit into their purse or pocket when they travel or go out with friends".

Back to the basics.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    Gas spray then?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:38 AM
    Posted via CB10
    1. Porche Design Passport (possible)
    2. Android Passport (leaked)
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 12:48 AM
    BlackBerry would very likely get my money for a Droid Z10. The size is just perfect for me, I really enjoy my Z30 but its just that little bit too wide to sit comfortably in my hand and my thumb is just too short to reach the top of the screen when using one hand.
    11-05-15 02:17 AM
    1. Porche Design Passport (possible)
    2. Android Passport (leaked)
    I honestly think the SE Passport was the Porsche one, and that Chen canned it to save money.
    11-05-15 02:44 AM