The information you received is correct. And it's not so easy to fix 'on the backend' like other posters claim. Glad to see you got some assistance.

What you're seeing is the many years of DOA exchanges being abused by people.
    What your seeing is an excuse to filter out customer service issues at retail store level, so that reps can solely focus more on sales.

At the end of the day, if the OP is satisfied with the quality of service he received at that Bell location, that's all that matters. I for one, wouldn't be so accepting of that policy and run my concerns/issue up the chair as much as I could.

The best reps I've ever worked with, not only could sell but retain consumer confidence through excellent customer service. If what you're saying about store return policy is true, their simply putting reps at a disadvantage.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-25-15 06:48 AM
    Just got my Priv Monday.
    Turned everything on and updated the apps
    Did not use the transfer
    Turned phone off
    Accidentally held the volume down button and power button at the same time to turn the phone on.
    Got that screen. It wouldn't clear until I extended the keyboard and hit alt+w for 1
    Haven't had issues since.

Hope you get up and running soon

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:31 AM
    That's correct! It's been several years but that doesn't matter. There is some common sense that needed to be applied to the situation on the part of Store management. And if this is the return policy for stores to get a credit back from the manufacturer these days, then the manager wouldn't have had any issue proving the device is defective to BlackBerry.

Maybe what I'm missing out of the OP's explanation is that the store management was doing just that, proving they could exchange it in-store but if I read correctly in a previous posts, it sounds as though OP had to ship his phone out to BlackBerry directly for repairs and switch to his old device. That's were I have a big customer service beef on the part of the carrier. People are paying upwards of $90 a month for mobile plans and the carrier is simply washing their hands of any serve issues in-store.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Actually the phone was shipped out by Bell. I brought it in to them and they sent it to BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-25-15 08:14 AM
    Just got my Priv Monday.
    Turned everything on and updated the apps
    Did not use the transfer
    Turned phone off
    Accidentally held the volume down button and power button at the same time to turn the phone on.
    Got that screen. It wouldn't clear until I extended the keyboard and hit alt+w for 1
    Haven't had issues since.

Hope you get up and running soon

Posted via CB10
    Good to know. Wish I would have known this before I sent it to Bell. Curious if this would have worked for me.

11-25-15 08:15 AM
    Welcome to BB in the Android World!!

That sad for you dude that you have to send the thing to repair for a SOFTWARE issue!

Posted via CB10
    This is actually quite concerning. Is there no way to simply do a factory re-install of the OS? Imagine having to send in your Priv to BlackBerry if the OS corrupts itself?!
    11-25-15 08:48 AM
    This is actually quite concerning. Is there no way to simply do a factory re-install of the OS? Imagine having to send in your Priv to BlackBerry if the OS corrupts itself?!
    That's what I was thinking. I miss the days of BBOS where a bricked software was easily reloaded with the latest leaked OS

11-25-15 08:51 AM
    That's what I was thinking. I miss the days of BBOS where a bricked software was easily reloaded with the latest leaked OS

I wonder if the Priv's "hardened kernel" and "security enhancements" effectively prevents reloading the OS? Surely you will not be the only one with this issue. What happens when the phone is out of warranty? Pay $100 for a reload? Yikes.
    11-25-15 08:53 AM
    That's correct! It's been several years but that doesn't matter. There is some common sense that needed to be applied to the situation on the part of Store management. And if this is the return policy for stores to get a credit back from the manufacturer these days, then the manager wouldn't have had any issue proving the device is defective to BlackBerry.

Maybe what I'm missing out of the OP's explanation is that the store management was doing just that, proving they could exchange it in-store but if I read correctly in a previous posts, it sounds as though OP had to ship his phone out to BlackBerry directly for repairs and switch to his old device. That's were I have a big customer service beef on the part of the carrier. People are paying upwards of $90 a month for mobile plans and the carrier is simply washing their hands of any serve issues in-store.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    You missed where the Bell store and BB were working together to get his phone replaced.

We have to be very careful because, in this retail environment especially, a manager may be able to make a case for eating a chargeback by changing direction from policy for customer service, but too many chargebacks? Could lead to that location being closed. And some of this comes from BB itself, we have a master list of mobility manufacturers and DOA procedures, and BB is one of the ones that demands the retail location refer the client to BB directly with a specific contact number. At least that was still the case 6 months ago with a classic we had DOA. They would not permit usual DOA procedure. Even with several consumer electronics makers like Toshiba, Sony etc, we have to refer the customer to the manufacturer because we have no permissions to service. It's incredibly frustrating.
    11-25-15 10:14 AM
    I wonder if the Priv's "hardened kernel" and "security enhancements" effectively prevents reloading the OS? Surely you will not be the only one with this issue. What happens when the phone is out of warranty? Pay $100 for a reload? Yikes.
    It shouldn't be a problem to reload the OS, because it would be "signed" to work with the hardware even though it's Android based.

But we just need access to the OS as we have had with BB10 and BBOS.

Before, we had access to not just the latest leak, but whatever was current for the carriers. They really need to provide the same kind of access to a reloadable OS for the Priv just for such situations.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:47 AM
    It shouldn't be a problem to reload the OS, because it would be "signed" to work with the hardware even though it's Android based.

But we just need access to the OS as we have had with BB10 and BBOS.

Before, we had access to not just the latest leak, but whatever was current for the carriers. They really need to provide the same kind of access to a reloadable OS for the Priv just for such situations.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If there was access to it like previous BBOS and BB10 there wouldn't have been an issue for me anyways. Would have reloaded it on myself.

11-25-15 12:02 PM
    Thanks for posting in my thread, air watch caused the same glitch for me

Uninstalled airwatch and ended up with this Screen permanently

16 Day Old Priv Needs To Go In For Repairs-img_20151127_204931.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 08:32 PM
    Welcome to android. In my past experiences, android has always been a bit buggy. It always seemed like I had to put up with certain issues when using android. When I switched to Blackberry all that changed.

It reminds me of Linux desktop, it works, but not usually out of the box. You have to really tweak it to get it running perfect with your hardware. Seems this type of Linux is the same, but way less stable. Hopefully blackberry will get this right. They got bb10 running beautifully, if they can do the same with android i'd be super happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 10:04 PM
    No words.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-28-15 04:34 AM
    Thanks for posting in my thread, air watch caused the same glitch for me

Uninstalled airwatch and ended up with this Screen permanently

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151127_204931.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	382362

Posted via CB10
    Sucks big time. Mine was caused just by try to factory reset to fix the hub (potentially).

Like I mentioned, BlackBerry confirmed it was a software issue. Currently my phone is in the air somewhere between the Bell store and BlackBerry. As soon as BlackBerry receives it I will apparently be getting a replacement device from them.

11-28-15 06:05 AM
    From my understanding back in the day blackberry has advance exchange program with the carriers, so you give your credit card and they will ship you one while you send yours for services. I had that done via Rogers for my z30. Rogers were out of stock on z30 so they sent me brand new one rather than just a refurbished unite.

11-28-15 09:21 AM
    how/where do I see if there's an update for the hub?

12-01-15 04:10 AM
    how/where do I see if there's an update for the hub?

You have to go to the playstore. Check in your apps. If it is there it will tell you to update if there is an update. If it is not in your apps search in the playstore for BlackBerry Limited. And check to see what apps you have and what you are missing.

I had to search for mine.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 06:03 AM
    I started getting the Double Typing on my Q10 and I called Verizon to explain. They sent me a refurbished phone replacement even though it was after 1 year. Bell might be sympathetic towards your issue and waiver the 14 days. It's worth a try if you haven't already done so. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 06:50 AM
    Mine is on day 18 and needs to be sent in.... Bell Customer Service nor the store where I purchased will do anything about the 15 day rule... they can't override their system, apparently... and sending the phone out with them tomorrow, I'll be looking to get it back in January... unacceptable for a 18 day old phone...
    12-02-15 04:12 PM
69 123