Well, caveats.

I did a hard reset, I turned on wifi and bluetooth. Let the bottom line OS run. No sim, but I presume that the cellular radio is on.

The next step is to log into Google. See what downloads, what uses battery.

The Kapersky battery app lets you shut off all non-essential apps with one click. And despite all of the advice out there on the intertubes about background apps, the increased battery life after doing that is like one minute.

Now that I have a base line of the battery and the OS, I will now log into Google and see what happens.

I will update as I discover.
    11-22-19 08:27 PM
    The worst issue I've experienced on my Priv is a very rapid drain after charging (it can go from 100% to ~72% w/ in approx 20 min, and I don't use the phone for anything, at all) but this doesn't happen all the time. I'm almost certain that it's software related because when I turn Wifi off and take my SIM out it goes through the night only losing 1-3% so I wake up in the morning and it's at 99% or 98%. I've had days when I start my day w/ 98% even while I'm on Wifi and SIM is in, but this is becoming more and more rare.

During normal use the battery can drain quick (during GPS it feels like I lose 5% per min lol) but on avg I get between 2-3 hrs of screen time. 3.5 hrs even, sometimes, tho closer to 2 is much *much* more common.

But again, I'm sure it's rogue apps + older android (marshmallow) + inefficiencies between BlackBerry and android optimization. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ has 3gb of ram and stutters all the time, here and there, while my moto g7 play has 2gb of ram and rarely stutters if ever.
    11-23-19 01:14 AM
    While the PRIV is notorious for chewing through battery charge, such a rapid amount suggests battery replacement time.
    11-23-19 02:08 AM
    The worst issue I've experienced on my Priv is a very rapid drain after charging (it can go from 100% to ~72% w/ in approx 20 min, and I don't use the phone for anything, at all) but this doesn't happen all the time. I'm almost certain that it's software related because when I turn Wifi off and take my SIM out it goes through the night only losing 1-3% so I wake up in the morning and it's at 99% or 98%. I've had days when I start my day w/ 98% even while I'm on Wifi and SIM is in, but this is becoming more and more rare.

During normal use the battery can drain quick (during GPS it feels like I lose 5% per min lol) but on avg I get between 2-3 hrs of screen time. 3.5 hrs even, sometimes, tho closer to 2 is much *much* more common.

But again, I'm sure it's rogue apps + older android (marshmallow) + inefficiencies between BlackBerry and android optimization. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ has 3gb of ram and stutters all the time, here and there, while my moto g7 play has 2gb of ram and rarely stutters if ever.
    Sounds like Windows Phone 8! Never quite as bad, but highly variable.
    11-23-19 05:22 PM
    While the PRIV is notorious for chewing through battery charge, such a rapid amount suggests battery replacement time.
    One battery app shows its ma/hr just under factory. Battery replacement would be suggest by shorter life, but wouldn't have anything to do with crazy drain rate.....or not...x
    11-23-19 05:23 PM
    PHASE: I signed into Google, didn't do anything more, and the battery life dropped........but wait! It's still only 3.33% per hour! Right about what my WP does when it's not bad boying.

That's no talking, screen on probably a total of ten minutes over 7 hours.

Suddenly, I can keep this phone!

The only significant thing done, as mentioned, is a hard reset. Which oddly, had been done before I got the phone and experienced all the drain horrors.

So now I will slowly add apps back in and find out what was the blood sucker. If any.
    11-23-19 05:29 PM
    UPDATE: Despite having the app backup on, Google did not download my apps and settings. I had to manually install them. And along the way, POW! Super battery drain. Ten percent an hour. I tried several of those battery optimizing programs , most of the time they claimed to only recover some few minutes of battery life. On a USB port, which by the USB standards is limited to about 500ma, the phone slowly loses charge!

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE: Did another hard reset. No apps downloaded again. Down 16% in 9 hours. Great! But I've been here before.

CONCLUSION: Blackberry did a most ****ty job fitting Android to the Priv. The number of hours I've spent trying to figure this out, along with all the setup and such, surely numbers in the many dozen. Back on my Windows Phone for the second time in a week.
    11-26-19 08:26 AM
    UPDATE: Despite having the app backup on, Google did not download my apps and settings. I had to manually install them. And along the way, POW! Super battery drain. Ten percent an hour. I tried several of those battery optimizing programs , most of the time they claimed to only recover some few minutes of battery life. On a USB port, which by the USB standards is limited to about 500ma, the phone slowly loses charge!

UPDATE ON THE UPDATE: Did another hard reset. No apps downloaded again. Down 16% in 9 hours. Great! But I've been here before.

CONCLUSION: Blackberry did a most ****ty job fitting Android to the Priv. The number of hours I've spent trying to figure this out, along with all the setup and such, surely numbers in the many dozen. Back on my Windows Phone for the second time in a week.
    Interesting. I normally get two days between charges out of the Priv with what I consider light usage. Strange that your Priv loses charge when charging at 500ma. If I'm charging overnight I use an old BlackBerry charger with 500ma output and it's fully charged from 5% in about 5-6 hours.
    11-26-19 09:48 AM
    Drain that fast points to an APP. If the battery crashed it would point that way.
    11-26-19 09:54 AM
    Interesting. I normally get two days between charges out of the Priv with what I consider light usage. Strange that your Priv loses charge when charging at 500ma. If I'm charging overnight I use an old BlackBerry charger with 500ma output and it's fully charged from 5% in about 5-6 hours.
    I'm jealous! Luck of the draw? Have you stuck pretty much to Google and BB default apps?
    11-26-19 10:39 AM
    Drain that fast points to an APP. If the battery crashed it would point that way.
    Definitely looking that way. Because besides the under 2%/hr overnight, I then put the screen on to a white background. Total discharge then hit 10%/hr. Which is perfectly normal. One of the big power hungry apps is Google Play Services (Not the store.) Of course, it can't be disabled even if one is willing to suffer the consequences.

The quest continues. Thanks for your thoughts, guys.
    11-26-19 11:34 AM
    THIRD TIME THE CHARM! Counting the reset from when I got it, and two more, I just got 21.5 hours of mixed use! I would guess some 3 or 4 hours of screen time.

Some take aways:

1. Launchers use more power than you might think, and they vary! The BB launcher was a pretty big drainer compared to the MS one and the Square Home. The latter has the Metro UI look which I'm at home with from my Windows Phone.
    2. Accubattery Pro is what you want if you really want to get under the hood. You should know some basic electricity to get the most out of it. It can identify all the apps that are using your battery. It has a bar in the notification area that will tell you how many ma the phone is draining.
    3. The drain after sleeping for awhile and then awakening, will be in the 180ma area, although I saw both 111ma and 230ma. After the phone is awake, it typically bumped to 270ma because of the screen being on. Accubattery says mine is effectively 3300ma/hr, so that would be 12 hours with the screen on.
    4. My AMOLED Always On app, which gives me my Nokia/WP function doesn't take but a little bit to run. I selected a "thin" font to keep the white pixel count down. It's really slick and by selecting the right options it will display all kinds of notifications, even including text from SMS. A beautiful rainbow rotating edge ring when there is a notification, now you have hard to miss visual means of knowing.
    5. The fewer pixels blasting white, the less electricity used. I found an app called Dark Mode. Doesn't work on all screens but is nice. And it works to keep my Square Home launcher black where there aren't tiles.
    6. I reduced screen brightness to around 25%, about half of default. Still plenty bright for most locations.
    7. A thought: Logged into your Google account uses up a lot of resources. Constant communications. And if you read my first post, logging in is the first hit on your battery compared to before. If you want to lead the de-Google lifestyle, and you don't use their services, consider removing the account. It's easy to log back in if you require something.

The big question is why did battery life go way down after the second, initially successful reset. I hope this one doesn't follow suit.
    11-26-19 09:03 PM
    I'm jealous! Luck of the draw? Have you stuck pretty much to Google and BB default apps?
    I've added a few apps like banking, whatsapp, file manager and weather etc, but haven't got facebook or anything like that installed.
    11-27-19 03:35 AM
    IT'S GOTTEN EVEN BETTER! I have a long history of geeky-dom, having designed and made battery packs for many years for many hardwares. From sealed lead acid, to nicad, to nimh, but not Lith-Ion. And one of the things I've observed along the way is that a battery's maximum capacity is reached only after one or more total discharges. With nicad and nimh, you have to make sure to not discharge too much, the battery will actually flip polarity and you are f'ed.

With better battery technologies, especially in Lith-Ion, this knowledge sort of drifted away from me.

And yet, I let my Priv battery go all the way to shutoff.....and it seems to be stronger today. OK, not seems, is.

You might try it, just discharge to shutoff.
    11-27-19 11:43 PM
    Charged up, disconnected, using 2.5%/hr with my Amoled Glance time displayed feature on. That's 40 hours of run time. Of course, when using the phone, the screen on, whatever, it will go down substantially, but it's important to have a consistent baseline to compare from. Idling, or sleeping, provides that.
    11-28-19 10:33 AM