Can any current P9982 owners give me a quick assessment of the PD pouch with the pull tab for the P9982? Is it recommended? Is this the one that stains the back leather door? If it is, are the stains visible on the standard black leather door? Many thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:00 AM
    I am a P'9982 owner and I must say that the PD case you are saying is not recommended. I have been using this phone since May last year and the only protection I have is the screen protector to which I have replaced just twice. I don't have a problem with the screen knowing it's gorilla glass 2, but I just want it to be more secure. The back is being tarnished in the sides, but still is not noticeable. The stainless steel body still lives up to being the best frame ever. Trust me don't bother buying a case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 03:55 PM
    I am a P'9982 owner and I must say that the PD case you are saying is not recommended. I have been using this phone since May last year and the only protection I have is the screen protector to which I have replaced just twice. I don't have a problem with the screen knowing it's gorilla glass 2, but I just want it to be more secure. The back is being tarnished in the sides, but still is not noticeable. The stainless steel body still lives up to being the best frame ever. Trust me don't bother buying a case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your reply. Why would you say the pull tab pouch isn't recommended? Is it due to it staining back doors or any other reason?

Honestly the thought of holding a $1800 phone without a case is kinda scary haha...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:09 AM
    All I can say about that pouch is like what you have said is staining the leather back in due time. Second, you can actually have an alternative pouch other than that one in which it will not damage the back of the phone and still looking trendy at the same time.

As for me I am totally all good handling my P'9982 naked or just by itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:32 AM
    Hi Mr Zed,

I have purchased my  P�9982 at 4 Jan 2014 together with the  P�9982 Leather Pocket (that's the right name for that pouch).

I highly recommend to buy and use this pocket because of best protection and no staining the black leather backdoor.
    Second reason is the standby mode activation.
    Your phone needs less energy in standby mode.

The staining issue was happened with the first series of the new back doors in other colours than black. Porsche Design has solved this issue in the meantime.
    And it never was an issue for the black leather backdoor.

It's the best pouch/pocket for that phone!
    I don't know an adequate alternative solution.

Snoopy in Germany with  P�9982
    03-15-15 03:59 PM
    Hi Mr Zed,

I have purchased my  P�9982 at 4 Jan 2014 together with the  P�9982 Leather Pocket (that's the right name for that pouch).

I highly recommend to buy and use this pocket because of best protection and no staining the black leather backdoor.
    Second reason is the standby mode activation.
    Your phone needs less energy in standby mode.

The staining issue was happened with the first series of the new back doors in other colours than black. Porsche Design has solved this issue in the meantime.
    And it never was an issue for the black leather backdoor.

It's the best pouch/pocket for that phone!
    I don't know an adequate alternative solution.

Snoopy in Germany with  P�9982
    Many thanks for your suggestions. My P9982 has finally arrived and it is a beauty! The backdoor, on the side directly above the charging and HDMI port, feels a little bit loose but so far I am not bothered by it. But has anyone experienced this small issue? Otherwise the phone is boss!

I have actually applied a transparent skin to cover the stainless steel parts of the phone, and also applied tempered glass for the Z10 to protect the screen.

However, based on your suggestion, I will have a look at the pouch and decide if I like it enough before purchasing it.

Waiting for my P9982 to arrive. Need advice-img_20150318_182917_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 07:14 AM
    I got the P 3300 case in the Porsche shop at the Dubai Mall. It is loose fitting. So will not damage the leather back. They didn't have the other one with the pull tab. Probably discontinued because of the potential for damage especially with crocodile skin type.

Posted via CB10
    Wissam Karaky likes this.
    04-09-15 05:08 AM