Does anyone know if BB P9983 comes in different models (similar to say the Q10 SQN100-1,2,3,..., models), or there is only one model that works with all GSM frequencies of different carriers in the US, Europe and Asia?
    10-13-14 02:30 PM
    Yes, there seems to be different version depending of the region, the US version is SQK100-2 based on the Model Number shown on my P'9983.

Does anyone know if BB P9983 comes in different models (similar to say the Q10 SQN100-1,2,3,..., models), or there is only one model that works with all GSM frequencies of different carriers in the US, Europe and Asia?
    10-14-14 06:55 AM
    The US version is SQK 100-2 which as all of the frequencies with the exception of the CDMA (Verizon / Sprint). The European version is SQK 100-1
    10-14-14 07:06 AM
    Thanks for the responses. That's too bad that even such an expensive BB10 phone does not have enough frequencies to be compatible with both the US and Europe GSM carriers. It means this phone will not be practical for businessmen who travel between US and Europe. That's so sad, and pitiful, if you ask me! I didn't mind buying two Z10's and two Q10's for the same reason (although still absurd in the eye of the competition), but I certainly expected more from the top of the line (in terms of price) BB10 device!
    10-14-14 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the responses. That's too bad that even such an expensive BB10 phone does not have enough frequencies to be compatible with both the US and Europe GSM carriers. It means this phone will not be practical for businessmen who travel between US and Europe. That's so sad, and pitiful, if you ask me! I didn't mind buying two Z10's and two Q10's for the same reason (although still absurd in the eye of the competition), but I certainly expected more from the top of the line (in terms of price) BB10 device!
    Your phone will work just fine in Europe. I have been traveling with my AT&T frequencies for years. In some areas, you may only receive 3G, or even 4G and not LTE. In other places, it will function as it does here. It has to do with primary frequencies but either way, the HSPA frequencies are pretty much the same. Do not be scared off my this. In fact, it is much better than it used to be. On the Q10, you have the SQN 100-1 thru I think 6. All different based on areas of the world, however, now we have only two and they will still work everywhere, but you may not have the same speeds. This is a good thing!
    10-14-14 08:36 AM
    Your phone will work just fine in Europe. I have been traveling with my AT&T frequencies for years. In some areas, you may only receive 3G, or even 4G and not LTE. In other places, it will function as it does here. It has to do with primary frequencies but either way, the HSPA frequencies are pretty much the same. Do not be scared off my this. In fact, it is much better than it used to be. On the Q10, you have the SQN 100-1 thru I think 6. All different based on areas of the world, however, now we have only two and they will still work everywhere, but you may not have the same speeds. This is a good thing!
    Well, I will tell you for a fact that my Q10 SQN100-5, which works fine with my US T-Mobile sim, does not even get data in parts of Asia and Middle East. I have even called BB for help, but to no avail. I have just ordered a Q10 SQN100-3 from UK that I hope will work in these countries. Also, my Z10 STL100-2 that I bought in the UK does not get more than 2G in the US using a T-Mobile sim. So, I have had to also buy a STL100-3 model for just the US. To me, this is not acceptable!
    10-14-14 10:22 AM
    Well, I will tell you for a fact that my Q10 SQN100-5, which works fine with my US T-Mobile sim, does not even get data in parts of Asia and Middle East. I have even called BB for help, but to no avail. I have just ordered a Q10 SQN100-3 from UK that I hope will work in these countries. Also, my Z10 STL100-2 that I bought in the UK does not get more than 2G in the US using a T-Mobile sim. So, I have had to also buy a STL100-3 model for just the US. To me, this is not acceptable!
    Sorry, but that's just absurd. For the amount you've spent on buying different versions of the same BlackBerry devices, for a few bucks more you could have bought yourself a Vertu phone, running the Android OS, which wouldn't have this problem. Phones for the discerning businessman. Go speak to Vertu. They will sort you out with a nice Signature Touch.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2243)
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    02-08-15 06:19 AM
    Go speak to Vertu. They will sort you out with a nice Signature Touch.
    Or even an Aster
    Funnily, neither my Z10 STL100-1 or Q10 SQN100-3 had problems getting data on AT&T or T-Mobile in the US or anywhere in the Americas, Europe or Middle East for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    02-13-15 04:29 AM