Hi,

due to that damn Blackberry love I bought a 2nd hand Blackberry P9982 (the Porsche Design Z10 version).

It came completely with original packaging, accessoires, ID Card etc.

Unfortunately it has an old Blackberry ID registered to the device and the last owner claim not to know the password anymore and refuses to remove the device from Blackberry ID.

Hardreset / Security wipe of the device is not possible withouth the password.

Than I thougth that using the good old autoloaer from Blackberry could solve and wipe the device. Of course it wiped my Blackberry and now it only blinks 2 times red.
    On my computer the autoloader showed that it connected to the device, wrote the RAM and wrote (I guess) the OS as it took a few minutes untitl it reached 100%. Than the Dos Prompt windows closes too fast to read if it's done.

Is there something I missed?

I don't want to try the autoloader on my Classic or Passport to verify if it's working as I fear to brick those two beauties, too.

Any chance to recover the device and get it back to live?

I tried the following autoloader files:
    - Autoload-STK100-1-10.3.2.159.exe
    - Autoload-STK100-1-10.3.1.997.exe

I looked up the "... -STK-100-1..." in the device preferences.

I reinstalled Blackberry Link, too but it doesn't work on my Win 8.1 Pro machine!? Crashes every time I try to start it.

Hope here are some cracks that can help :-)
    09-20-21 01:56 PM
    It uses the same files as the Z10.... Conite posted this a while backhttps://mega.nz/file/UEwkxLTa#Q3y5xK...dkG3EInalY18_g

The question would be if they left theft protection on.... can see what happens, there are ways around it... search youtube.

Link... is hit and miss these days.
    09-20-21 02:45 PM
    Thank you for the hints.

After several different autoloader tries and some internet/youtube help it finally worked and the device is back to life and seems to work fine.

The Porsche Design Font of the time is so beautiful, it's a shame they didnt' use that font system wide.
    09-21-21 07:37 AM
    Thank you for the hints.

After several different autoloader tries and some internet/youtube help it finally worked and the device is back to life and seems to work fine.

The Porsche Design Font of the time is so beautiful, it's a shame they didnt' use that font system wide.
    I know we use to go cuckoo over the Porsche Clock.... back when it could be sideloaded on the Z10. But they patched that out of the OS...
    09-21-21 09:42 AM