My friend gave me a Porsche design p'9983 that has 'not for sale 140' and an imei (I think) that begins with 0044011....

The keyboard lights up. The red led dot lights up - but the screen appears to be dead.

I see a screen and digitizer on eBay for like $50 Canadian - think it's worth for me to get this fixed? Only to be used as a q10 backup.

There is a red water damage dot behind the battery.

There is zero physical damages, no cracks on the glass/screen.

What are your thoughts?
    (Located in Toronto, Canada)
    07-25-20 01:04 PM
    My friend gave me a Porsche design p'9983 that has 'not for sale 140' and an imei (I think) that begins with 0044011....

The keyboard lights up. The red led dot lights up - but the screen appears to be dead.

I see a screen and digitizer on eBay for like $50 Canadian - think it's worth for me to get this fixed? Only to be used as a q10 backup.

There is a red water damage dot behind the battery.

There is zero physical damages, no cracks on the glass/screen.

What are your thoughts?
    (Located in Toronto, Canada)
    I wouldn't risk it, too many other things that might have been damaged. You might see a domino effect once you start replacing things.

Try running an autoloader, if that fails sell it for parts or keep as a relic being it's a Porsche.
    07-25-20 02:31 PM
    any info on the not for sale 140 etched onto the side?
    07-26-20 11:34 PM
    I have a passport and classic with Not For Sale 164 etched on the device with another group of numbers. I bought mine used and not too sure what it means but the devices work great

Posted via CB10
    08-08-20 06:38 PM
    any info on the not for sale 140 etched onto the side?
    May have been an internal prototype that somehow found its' way out to market.
    08-09-20 08:43 AM