I've only had the phone for less than 2 months. I use it RARELY. Mostly use the Classic or my Passport. Here is my concern. The plastic on the bottom of the phone seems to be chipping, both along the bezel facing the keyboard and where you have to run your nail between the phone and the keyboard to release the battery cover to put sim in, or change battery. I never put it in pocket with keys or coins etc. Seems to be wearing fast. Pretty disappointed

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:30 PM
    Maybe you bought a faulty unit?
    11-26-15 03:07 PM
    Took a year for my silver 9983 to start peeling, using it every day (including multiple daily battery swaps and frequent leather back changes).

That one piece along the bottom is the only plastic, so that's where it'll happen for everyone eventually (antennae under there).

I haven't looked into what replacing that piece will cost.

Posted via CB10
    PaulaJava likes this.
    11-30-15 10:57 AM
    Too much for me to handle. After spending that kind of $$ on a Q10 with lipstick and a pretty dress, I expected it to be at least as durable as my much less expensive Berries. Shows how much I know. Going to cut my losses and try a LG V10 or a Priv. Sold it today. Going to miss looking at it, but not the stress of seeing it decay before my eyes. Chin on ALL of my BlackBerry are plastic, and not one of them (q10, classic or ppse) except the most expensive " highest quality build" have had this problem. Simply paying more for the name and a cooler bedside mode! A fool and his $$ are soon parted.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 12:18 AM
    Nothing is eternal in this life, except heels and the firth point......

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 05:39 AM
    My Q10 is in very good shape considering it's been dropped multiple times on pavement, rolled over by a (empty) trashcan again on pavement. It has a few minor dings in the bezel and minor scratches on the screen but I have a brand new housing to install when ready. I'll be buying a new screen before I decide to do that. I've never experienced this chipping that people mention, I consider myself lucky and my Z10 is in good shape too with exception of a minor ding but then again I keep it for home use.

Posted via CB10
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    12-01-15 06:59 AM
    Nothing is eternal in this life, except heels and the firth point......

Posted via CB10
    Eternal? How about not "wearing" with 3-4 days worth of use. Wear I can handle. Substandard build at super inflated price I cannot. But as I said before, I bought it, I had heard of these concerns from others. Rest assured, the 1st and last PD I ever buy.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 07:47 AM
    This is just the phone, I am not really understand your concern. Just use the shell or any other protection . If we are capable to buy Bentley, it means we have money to provide service for it.
    Otherwise there are other solutions of the phones with the less price.
    Graphite is the same Q phone you just paying for the brend - P design.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-01-15 08:05 AM
    Given the price and how soon you saw a defect, why not just get Porsche Design (or wherever you purchased) to exchange it, rather than sell at a loss? Too late now I guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 06:13 PM
    Given the price and how soon you saw a defect, why not just get Porsche Design (or wherever you purchased) to exchange it, rather than sell at a loss? Too late now I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I bought it (brand new) used from a local classifieds site. It had never been turned on. I didnt take a loss, fortunately. But my disappointment is with the build. Even though I paid $1000 instead of retail, it's still a lot. Especially when it is supposed to be of the highest quality build and materials. Oh well. I've learned my lesson.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 07:52 AM
    Pretty sure he didn't have one... he won't find a device with better build quality

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:50 AM