It appears that Google has a 18 month policy. Apparently Kit Kat is only available to recent Android products.

Regardless, the playbook is just too old to warrant any more updates. Let it go ... let it go.
    This has nothing to do with the topic.. The 18 month policy is for Nexus devices only. Also, kitkat is 4.4, not 4.2
    11-29-13 03:53 PM
    It appears that Google has a 18 month policy. Apparently Kit Kat is only available to recent Android products.

Regardless, the playbook is just too old to warrant any more updates. Let it go ... let it go.
    Let what go, the want to improve our devices or BlackBerry?
    Ultimately, the myriad of excuses for the ending of doing anything for the PlayBook are wearing a bit thin, not enough ram, etc, etc
    What did happen Is Thor badly marketed and over priced the product. This blew up in his face and his arse collapsed. He tried to cover this up by putting the PlayBook on hold and threw everything st Bb10. This also fell flat on it's face but gladly now seems to be picking up momentum.
    In the mean time playbook users were just forgot about.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:03 PM
    This also fell flat on it's face but gladly now seems to be picking up momentum.
    In the mean time playbook users were just forgot about.

Posted via CB10
    what momentum are you referring to?
    11-29-13 06:02 PM
    Maybe me being optimistic, but right now there seems to be a little buzz going on around blackberry. BBM Cross platform, 10.2 everyone is excited about and seems a major improvement. New management who are making the right noises, a scaled down company with some money behind them. Handsets are flying out in developing countries and even the balls up with far too many z10 might prove beneficial, the bargain price will lure people over to the platform.
    Considering a couple of months ago I was considering moving to Sony if BlackBerry went belly up and my friends who I got over to BlackBerry were as well. Now I'm going to see out my contract and see what they have to offer and my friends, most buy phones at Christmas so they're just about to pick up they z10 as soon as they can. Including the ones I'm getting my wife and daughter, ssshhhhh that's eight in total.
    I just hope CPW have enough in on the day! Hey I should get some commission for this.
    Again, maybe it's just optimism in my little bubble.

Posted via CB10
    El Bori and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-30-13 06:58 AM
    12-01-13 01:40 AM
    I love my Q10 and Playbook but I love my Q10 even more that now I can install virtually any app from the Play Store. If this ability was added to playbook it would be awesome IMO.

Thoughts?
    I'd think runtime 2.3 or so would be better, if only for better games compatibilitiy. And likely apps as well. Why mess with what works?
    El Bori likes this.
    12-03-13 09:04 PM
    I would be very happy, love my PlayBook, BlackBerry through and through!
    12-04-13 12:27 AM
    Yes i'm

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    12-04-13 12:28 AM
    it would be a great gift for Christmas
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-04-13 07:25 AM
    android runtime update/apk install like on my z10 1055 leak + browser update and I'd be in heaven. But hey, who are we kidding that'll never happen unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:22 AM
    I would be more than happy with a new unlocked Android runtime and an updated browser... yes... but it is highly unlikely to happen...

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk2
    pierre5018 likes this.
    12-09-13 12:19 PM
61 123