Since the update to OS2 i just cant use this playbook for work related stuff as my small business depends on evernote.
    Now in 1.0.8 this worked perfect but as soon as i upgraded to the latest os the evernote app has a mind of its own and i am sick and tired of sending emails to the evernote team asking if they plan on doing an update to fix the problem and just not getting any response back.
    I dont want to run the android app as i have all sorts of issues with the android side of things on the playbook and even had the idea of just using the browser to log in to the evernote website, but no, even that does not work as for some reason i cant scroll down to see all my notes, so now i have a browser problem as well.

Why cant rim give us the option of going back to the old os, i honestly wish i had never pressed the upgrade button when 2.0 came out.

Looks like i am going to have to put this playbook away for the time being and get some android tablet to handle my mobile evernote needs.

Please somebody come out with a simple method of rolling back the os unless somebody out there knows a way to do it, if so please let me know.
    04-17-12 07:47 AM
    Think you're going to have to wait for evernote to update or RIM wherever the hang up is or unfortunately get your Android.
    04-17-12 07:55 AM
    I know thats why i will have to get an android device, and to think this was marketed as a professional tablet.
    In my experience so far it falls way short of that mark.
    04-17-12 07:59 AM
    Well RIM's marketing sucks. I don't know that evernote is a professional app either but yep not many professional apps. Still a baby OS having growing pains. Some can wait and some can't.
    04-17-12 08:03 AM
    Does rim have a contact address.
    04-17-12 08:06 AM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]
    04-17-12 08:12 AM
    Thanks for that.
    04-17-12 08:14 AM
    Just sent an email to the support address and got one back saying my email cant be dealt with, but thanks for getting in touch.

Way to go RIM nothing like helping your customers.
    04-17-12 08:36 AM
    I suppose you're out of the 90 days too.
    04-17-12 08:39 AM
    No i am within my 90 days still as i bought this thing on 26th January this year.
    04-17-12 08:45 AM
    i have just got an update to 2.0.1.358 at 353 meg.
    04-17-12 08:50 AM
    You have free support for 90 days, call them.

Yes I see there is an update but I can't get it yet.
    04-17-12 08:52 AM
    i will try this update first as its downloading now, then i will call if i still have problems.

Download finished and installing so will see what happens.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-12 08:56 AM
    No difference. The evernote webisite still has no scrolling ability and text still screwed up in the evernote app.
    I will now ring rim but i guess thay might be a bit busy with this new update.
    04-17-12 09:23 AM
    The Android player is supposed to have fixes as well. Perhaps its time to try the Android version again. I'm using One Note but kinda kicking myself for not going the evernote route.
    04-17-12 09:45 AM
    How are you using one note, i looked in to using that but was told it would not work.

Where did you get it from.
    04-17-12 09:48 AM
    I have OneNote as part of Office 2010. You save your notebook to your Windows live ID cloud storage /skydrive and can use the fat client (OneNote 2010), web browser, or iPad App to access it. I THINK the PB browser works as well. OneNote is now part of Office 2010 it is no longer licensed as a separate App.

I use it personally though and don't share with a group. The live / skydrive does have a shared folder i would ASSUME you could share a OneNote out of, but I've never tried it.
    04-17-12 10:05 AM
    My mistake, i thought you had a playbook converted app.

I have tried windows live on the playbook but the text entry is just as bad as evernote.
    04-17-12 10:07 AM
    http://discussion.evernote.com/topic...e-playbook-20/

If you note the 2nd post, an apparent Evernote employee discusses the cause of your problem. He says that the OS2 update was released shortly after Evernote released an update for OS1 and they are currently dealing with the problem. He suggests that you sideload the android version. If your going to get a whole new android tablet then why not just use the android version of Evernote until an update is released for the PB version? The BAR version apparently works fine on the PB and may be a temporary fix for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 03:26 AM
    http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook...-apps/?did=297

This is the Evernote BAR for the PlayBook. I don't condone sideloading because I would rather have the native app show up in my appworld but if you need it for work and you're going to go and buy a whole new tablet then consider this. Sideloading takes about 30-40 to set up and figure out and there are many resources for Mac and PC to help you out. Many apps needed a 2.0 version when OS2 came out and Evernote should have been more wise and waited to release an update after OS2 came out but it is what it is and don't waste money on a new tablet over a single app update.

04-18-12 03:39 AM
    I am sorry but i refuse to use non native apps on the playbook, would rather just give up using this thing and go get an Android tablet.

I have been patient with rim and evernote to sort out the problems but i have had enough.

Unless somebody knows of another service like Evernote that is available across all platforms.
    04-18-12 04:23 AM
    That's fair enough, customers shouldn't have to back alley supply apps that should be native for a premium device. They could have released an update by now, OS2 has been out for almost 2 months now.
    You do what you have to do, if time is money, than 2 months waiting is a fortune. I'll keep you in mind if I see something.

04-18-12 05:07 AM
    Sent yet another support request to evernote asking what the is going on.

I am so pleased i did not upgrade to premium just before os2 came out.
    04-18-12 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD