I have an evaluation version of the 32 GB LTE playbook that is unlocked.
    Evaluation version being not one purchased from a store but used by blackberry as a test unit for internal use only.
    It died while connected to a pc and it appeared to have bricked the unit. At first it would not do anything other then 1 red light blink(not common double blink) every minute with no other signs of life what so ever when powered on. I have tried connecting it to desktop manager and runing the update/repair. It runs the update and reacts to desktop manager but fails to reboot after installation bringing me back to square one.
    Finally I decided to wipe the os off the playbook compeletly and try to install from scratch. Once wiped of the os the playbook went to the standard double blinking.
    After using desktop manager to install a fresh os the playbook will now turn on and display the playbook screen but fails to boot past that.
    Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get an original version of the os for the LTE version of the playbook? Or any other suggestions what so ever to help me get it working would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using CB Forums mobile app
    02-19-14 07:21 PM
    By wiping the OS off of the PlayBook, I assume you used cfp nuke?

See if this autoloader allows anything to happen: http://l.bitcasa.com/czey3B3Q
    02-19-14 08:27 PM
    Yes cfp. The only os I've had any luck with is 1.0.8. 4985. Anything newer and it won't even attempt to boot.

02-20-14 03:40 PM
    Hi,
    I have the same type of unit. Mine locked up after a security wipe (wouldn't go past user agreement). Search here on the forums for
    "no 3g radio after update". There is an autoloader in a thread about 2-3 months ago with the latest update and lte radios intact.
    Worked great on my verizon lte playbook. Good luck. I'll post the link if I get a chance to find it myself. The latest non lte/3g update
    will work also, but kills the cell radio (no sim detected).
    03-18-14 11:07 PM
    Iam looking for this evaluation type of playbook.
    Where can I get it from? I have the 4G LTE 32GB and 3G+ HSPA all from ebay stores.
    I need this internally designed for playbook to go around it with THURASK

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:21 AM
    Where can you find a Verizon PlayBook? I didn't even think they had made one that supported CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:15 AM
    I bought a Playbook 4G on eBay.
    The tablet OS software version 127.0.0.2363
    The serial number : 0854-7811-5811
    Unfortunately, the update does not work either the Blackberry Desktop Software and the Software Updates tablet .
    Error : There was an error connecting to the update server. Please try again ( 2032 )
    I tried the Dingleberry with the 2.0.0.6149 - 2.1.0.1753 OS install, but apparently the update OK , but the original OS on it and there are only two icons .. Browser and Setup ..

How do I update the tablet OS? How about this tablet , if the serial number I can not even write a letter .
    The update server , the application is a tablet , but it does not work.

The "RIM Wireless Device Command -line " software that " uknown device" , but treats the tablet boot- rom and reset the device.

Blackberry Playbook II 4G See Description 2 | eBay
    03-23-14 05:21 PM
    I have an evaluation version of the 32 GB LTE playbook that is unlocked.
    Evaluation version being not one purchased from a store but used by blackberry as a test unit for internal use only.
    It died while connected to a pc and it appeared to have bricked the unit. At first it would not do anything other then 1 red light blink(not common double blink) every minute with no other signs of life what so ever when powered on. I have tried connecting it to desktop manager and runing the update/repair. It runs the update and reacts to desktop manager but fails to reboot after installation bringing me back to square one.
    Finally I decided to wipe the os off the playbook compeletly and try to install from scratch. Once wiped of the os the playbook went to the standard double blinking.
    After using desktop manager to install a fresh os the playbook will now turn on and display the playbook screen but fails to boot past that.
    Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get an original version of the os for the LTE version of the playbook? Or any other suggestions what so ever to help me get it working would be greatly appreciated.

The eval's were/are NFS products; Not For Resale because they weren't the final product that shipped. So technically you should contact BlackBerry to see if they are will to exchange it for a real one.
    03-31-14 10:06 AM
    Where can you find a Verizon PlayBook? I didn't even think they had made one that supported CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    LTE is a GSM service and since it only carries data, there's no worry about CDMA compatibility.
    04-01-14 11:30 AM
    LTE is a GSM service and since it only carries data, there's no worry about CDMA compatibility.
    Are you saying all the LTE playbooks support Verizon Band 13 LTE with no EVDO fallback (like the Nexus 7)?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 03:36 PM