- doubt they need an OS update for this. Does anyone know or hear anything?

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    07-11-13 05:23 AM
    Who cares if hey do not at least update some items on the PB-POS

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 06:37 AM
    - doubt they need an OS update for this. Does anyone know or hear anything?

by then we would have finished loading another OS. no point. period.
    most abandoned or orphaned hardware is taken up by a few hackers and then a community joins h(im/er) and work goes on.
    one set top box was abandoned by the manufacturing company because they went bankrupt. but open source hackers took it up and it works find. i think its dreambox.
    same here too. blackberry abandoned it. i took it up as a challange and i am sure others will join with the development and testing once i finish with jtag and other things, viz bootrom and bootloader.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 06:52 AM
    Bridge would be a phone update. All they need to do is open up what channels from the phone talk to the PlayBook, though that may be easier said than done or may be waiting for all of the BB10 devices for the year to be released. There's so much to tweak and optimise for BB10 that Bridge is probably going to be lower on the list, after all how many people still don't have 10.1?
    07-11-13 08:02 AM
    Bridge would be a phone update. All they need to do is open up what channels from the phone talk to the PlayBook, though that may be easier said than done or may be waiting for all of the BB10 devices for the year to be released. There's so much to tweak and optimise for BB10 that Bridge is probably going to be lower on the list, after all how many people still don't have 10.1?
    Yeah you might be right. I gotta wonder why it wasn't done to begin with. Maybe there's something we don't know. Also I gotta assume BlackBerry isn't totally done with tablets. I assume one day they will revisit so finishing bridge would make sense.

Carl Estes likes this.
    07-11-13 08:04 AM
    BB10 bridge feature parity with BBOS is listed in the Beta Zone. If you want it, let your voice be heard...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=826383

Posted via CB10
    svelt and jeroen_13 like this.
    07-11-13 08:21 AM
    Those id10ts at BlackBerry wouldn't be able to programme a simple "Hello World." much less BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2 and BlackBerry OS 10. Thorsten is too enamored with luxury car infotainment systems and Formula 1 sponsorships. Revoke his Canadian citizenship and send him packing back to Germany. Conrad Black can be his footman. Good bye. Au revoir. Adios. Sacre bleu.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    07-13-13 11:11 AM
    Those id10ts at BlackBerry wouldn't be able to programme a simple "Hello World." much less BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2 and BlackBerry OS 10. Thorsten is too enamored with luxury car infotainment systems and Formula 1 sponsorships. Revoke his Canadian citizenship and send him packing back to Germany. Conrad Black can be his footman. Good bye. Au revoir. Adios. Sacre bleu.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    not in this millenia.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 11:17 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:16 PM
    Revisiting this thread, does anyone think maybe the delay for feature parity in the Bridge is waiting on the A10 release? So far, there's been a different BB10 revision on each released device (Z10 10.0, Q10, 10.1), and with a larger number of displays featured in 10.2 maybe we're looking at a wait for a final 10.2 SDK to release a functional Bridge.

That said, at least the current Bridge allows the use of the faster LTE connection: my PlayBook feels like it's received a new lease on life in that regards. Now if I could just send my texts and BBM without removing my phone from my holster like I could before.

While we're on the subject of Bridge wishes, can we integrate the two systems to have browser processing shifted off to the handheld? Might as well put that 2GB to work to help the tablet.
    07-15-13 07:40 AM
    BB10 bridge feature parity with BBOS is listed in the Beta Zone. If you want it, let your voice be heard...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=826383

Posted via CB10
    strongly suggest the rest of you PlayBook owners head over to the beta zone and vote for it. It isn't even in the top 10 of what others have voted for, but I think they would place it at a higher priority if it was #1...
    yellowhammer likes this.
    07-16-13 05:34 PM
    If you mean the bridge to nowhere. Done already.
    Carl Estes and dmlis like this.
    07-17-13 06:24 AM
    If you mean the bridge to nowhere. Done already.
    Ha! I expected to see "sad old man" as the author of this literary masterpiece. Alas I am much disappointed once again. ;-)
    07-18-13 04:39 PM
    Revisiting this thread, does anyone think maybe the delay for feature parity in the Bridge is waiting on the A10 release? So far, there's been a different BB10 revision on each released device (Z10 10.0, Q10, 10.1), and with a larger number of displays featured in 10.2 maybe we're looking at a wait for a final 10.2 SDK to release a functional Bridge.

That said, at least the current Bridge allows the use of the faster LTE connection: my PlayBook feels like it's received a new lease on life in that regards. Now if I could just send my texts and BBM without removing my phone from my holster like I could before.

While we're on the subject of Bridge wishes, can we integrate the two systems to have browser processing shifted off to the handheld? Might as well put that 2GB to work to help the tablet.
    I'm sure that will be to much of a "resource" drain from BB10.xxx For the new family.

Just FIXING/RESTORING Bridge as it was with OS 7.xxx would not take as much away from "the dream team", and a majority of people would be happy.

AND they are coming out with a NEW OS 7 phone???????? Go figure........

They might be able to keep a few of us "in the berry patch"........
    C
    07-19-13 02:35 PM
    I've tried my best to keep out of this argument. But, here goes.... looking at all BBM contacts every single one bar one has a Blackberry because I told them to. I'm in a position where I like where Blackberry is going with OS10 but I feel what has happened with the playbook is diabolical. If they want to forget about tablets then do it but don't forget the ones you already sold. I wasn't bothered about OS10 coming to the playbook as long as Bridge was fixed. I can even put up with the browser except certain sites.
    its a bit like an old friend doing something that makes you think, hold on is this the person I thought they were? There's always one more chance. I digress, so here I am on a Friday night thinking let's get the playbook out and see if there's any updates and as per there are none. I'm having a bbm convo which I didn't need to put my playbook down to do before. My old work horse 9800 which I still use for work doesn't have that problem. so come on should we really have to ask? just give as standard please as part of the whole bb package. I will however suggest in the beta zone now I am aware of it and link as much as possible.
    07-19-13 05:37 PM
    This is kinda what I was thinking as well...while many people feel it's a PB update, I think it's a BB10 update. I'm thinking it may come in the 10.2 update.

That would be nice.
    07-19-13 07:27 PM
    Are you guys enjoying living in fantasy land?

Here it is: You will never be able to bridge your Playbook with any OS10+ device. Deal with it.
    07-20-13 11:18 PM

Here it is: You will never be able to bridge your Playbook with any OS10+ device. Deal with it.
    Thanks, Einstein. Glad you cleared that up for us.
    07-21-13 03:55 AM

Why is that? Genuinely, I don't know. What is so difficult about it? Considering we can use some android apps and other phones are getting BBM what's so wrong in thinking it's feasible for BlackBerry to get a legacy app they own to work on their new products? If it's physically impossible based on hardware then I can accept that but not if it's through choice. Like previously mentioned time and effort has been spare to get BBM working on android and IOS and they haven't actually b ought anything off blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:50 AM

No evidence for "never". I can accept "highly unlikely", but there is the notion that it is clearly listed on the Beta Zone's list of OS10 feature requess and it is amongst the top 10 or so in voting. They wouldn't put that on there if it was already declared physically impossible.
    07-22-13 06:46 PM
    No evidence for "never". I can accept "highly unlikely", but there is the notion that it is clearly listed on the Beta Zone's list of OS10 feature requess and it is amongst the top 10 or so in voting. They wouldn't put that on there if it was already declared physically impossible.
    You are probably correct so I do anticipate that this will be Thor's "second most difficult decision" when he finally announces it won't happen!
    07-22-13 07:43 PM