lol.

Development on the PlayBook stopped LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago.
    I don't see the humor in this, nor do I share your sense of it to be quite frank.
    Last edited by SpaceGrey5S; 11-17-14 at 08:10 AM.
    anon(5597702) and cuffman like this.
    11-17-14 05:22 AM
    OK. I don't get it. I'm feelings regarding PB aside, I'm not sure that I understand why a tablet cannot be made inexpensively, and at least as good as a manufacturers best phone. Why can't you take a great phone like the z30 or passport, attach it to a larger screen, bigger battery, and more storage and have a fairly good tablet.

It would run all the latest oses. And be fully compatible. Plus the R&D costs would have been spent making the phone which was going to be spent anyway.

Better yet what runs on the phone, runs on the tablet with virtually no mods only the drivers needed for the screen and storage. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-17-14 09:24 AM
    I don't see the humor in this, nor do I share your sense of it to be quite frank.
    It's funny because people can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that it's over... And it's not like it just got over... It's BEEN over. The PB was a decent toy when it first came out, but it was pretty much a beta test for early BB10.
    11-17-14 10:11 AM
    People "can't seem to wrap their heads around " this? Really? I can't believe someone would say this junk. Do you even hear yourself?

The fact a lot of people paid a lot of money for their PlayBooks, and expected a lot more support than they got, is one reason why people are still pushing for continued support for it, that's why. One would expect to have support and timely updates for their devices just like the next guy would. Maybe not you, but a lot of others would be glad to see continued support for a device they paid good money for.

Quite a stupid comment on your behalf.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:39 AM
    You are beyond ridiculous, hahah. Do I hear myself?? Do you hear yourself?? I have well over a thousand dollars into PlayBooks in hardware alone... Forget the ridiculous amount of apps I have bought over the years.. The device is almost 4 years old, has considerably underwhelming specs, and has been officially discontinued by the company that created it... What more do you want? Move on. Go get some fresh air. Play with your kids. But whatever you do, stop moping about a device that is EOL
    11-17-14 11:20 AM
    I owe you nothing, nor do I owe you any explanation concerning my posts. Have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SpaceGrey5S; 11-17-14 at 01:05 PM.
    11-17-14 12:47 PM
    Hahahaha wow... Nice
    11-17-14 01:12 PM
    But I will post the email that they sent me last week...
    Ah, why why you are so ruthless. Pitiless. Relentless. Brutal. It's almost like shouting "Santa is dead" to a kid, you know.
    We desperate fans of Playbook deserve some mercy.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    11-17-14 03:05 PM
    Ah, why why you are so ruthless. Pitiless. Relentless. Brutal. It's almost like shouting "Santa is dead" to a kid, you know.
    We desperate fans of Playbook deserve some mercy.
    Hahah, I know I know... I'm sorry man. You guys have to try to appreciate that fact though that this was us a year ago already.... I would do some pretty terrible stuff to have a PB with BB10 on it.. But it's a dead horse that's been beaten to death probably two dozen times. Yes, it sucks. But it just isn't going to happen. But yeah, I'm sorry I'm a dousche
    11-17-14 06:13 PM
    But I will post the email that they sent me last week...
    Hello ,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

Regarding updates, our developers are not aware of what this so-called "PlayBook" is... They Googled it, and they now know that it is an abandoned beta project from a company known as Research in Motion.

I believe what you are looking for is a BB10 device with a 6+ inch screen; also known as a phablet. Might I direct you towards a device known as the BlackBerry PassPort. This device even has a touch-sensitive keyboard!

I would like to thank you for the feed back, unfortunately it is meaningless.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.
    Good form. Just recieved PB 64GB as a present, quite disappointed that it wont be seeing any updates soon.
    11-24-14 01:54 AM
    "Getting "

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 02:02 AM
    My Playbook has been just sitting in its cradle idle since I got my Z30.
    My son uses his PB every day and he is 9 yo
    11-24-14 07:46 AM
    Interestingly though, at Dixie Outlet Mall in Toronto, the Bell store is selling Brand New 4G LTE PlayBook's for $149.00 +$5.00 sim card charge. There it was, in the display case brand new with plastic wrap and all.

I asked the fellow if they are surplus and he said no that they are new units just in from BlackBerry. When I prodded him for more details he just smiled and said you will have to wait. I just took it as a joke, but after a while it bugged me more and more. Now it has me speculating wildly. I HATE IT!

This was just this weekend. Anybody who wants to can go right now and see.

I am so frustrated now. It makes no sense to me. I just wish they would make an official statement that the PB is dead and just end the speculation.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-24-14 09:25 AM
    Maybe there is something coming then...hope so.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:17 AM
    Absolutly Beautiful
    Imagining the old PlayBook coming back now with this OS and taking on any other tablet.
    There so much life in tbe old boy yet, many of us don't realise
    11-24-14 04:01 PM
    yeah, just think about it a small update that enables Playbook to run Android apps/games without sideloading using DDPB would be a great come back in the tablet market. yeah hardware is old but put an updated software that is compatible on playbook hardware. still it would be awesome since all we do in a tablet is entertainment. ^^
    jtv1 and MTL like this.
    11-24-14 10:42 PM
    Good form. Just recieved PB 64GB as a present, quite disappointed that it wont be seeing any updates soon.
    Yeah, tell me about it... I've had to apologize to more than one person who purchased a PB on my word that it was getting BB10.. Of course, that's what RIM told us, so I believed it. Live and learn I guess
    11-25-14 12:50 AM
    Hi
    Mr JSC
    If there's something coming for PB ?I'll buy the Z30 buts there's only a few hours left. There's that NFC wire dangling in my LTE . That just needs a little more code to work. BB is going to back to customer loyalty and good support. The BB 10 OS is really get polished now. i've had enough of Android and need another choice.
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-30-14 10:01 AM
    I still use my pb every day, it does everything pretty well still, and the bridge works very well with Z10 it would be a shame to lose it, some of us don't need a Cadillac, some of us are okay with a chevy

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-04-14 09:39 PM
    I still use my pb every day, it does everything pretty well still, and the bridge works very well with Z10 it would be a shame to lose it, some of us don't need a Cadillac, some of us are okay with a chevy

Posted via CB10
    Damn right to

jtvberry
    12-04-14 10:01 PM
    Interestingly though, at Dixie Outlet Mall in Toronto, the Bell store is selling Brand New 4G LTE PlayBook's for $149.00 +$5.00 sim card charge. There it was, in the display case brand new with plastic wrap and all.

I asked the fellow if they are surplus and he said no that they are new units just in from BlackBerry. When I prodded him for more details he just smiled and said you will have to wait. I just took it as a joke, but after a while it bugged me more and more. Now it has me speculating wildly. I HATE IT!

This was just this weekend. Anybody who wants to can go right now and see.

I am so frustrated now. It makes no sense to me. I just wish they would make an official statement that the PB is dead and just end the speculation.

Posted via CB10
    I just noticed the LTE PlayBook just showed up on Amazon.com from a third party seller, at $139, in stock on Dec 8th. Maybe BlackBerry has a surprise for us next week? Wasn't Tuesday a popular day for new PlayBook OS updates?

Amazon.com : BlackBerry Playbook 32GB 4G LTE Tablet (Factory Unlocked), 7 inches 1024P Screen, Dual Core 1.5 GHz CPU, Dual Cameras (5MP/3MP), GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth : Tablet Computers : Computers & Accessories
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-05-14 03:19 PM
    Chill out dude. The man is only answering what was asked.
    12-16-14 12:09 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice, if the device memory storage was now made to be interchangeable, Ummmm while device was on, while still being able to accept a SD Card drive.

jtvberry
    12-16-14 01:34 PM
    Darn I was thinking the 20th
    12-16-14 07:42 PM
    Is the Playbook getting BBM, How about the 9900 and a touch screen dial pad.
    Oh Yeah just throw away those old devices whats wrong with you .
    I thought the BB PlayBook already had BBM, via BB Bridge.
    As that's my sister contacts me now, since I showed her how to video chat on her Z10?
    Yes, video chatting on my BB PlayBook Hmmmmmm still

jtvberry
    12-17-14 10:54 PM
79 1234