Hi guys,
    I was wondering if somebody hear anything on a new Blackberry Playbook running the OS 10.

Thanks,
    Kostas
    10-10-14 03:18 AM
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering if somebody hear anything on a new Blackberry Playbook running the OS 10.

Thanks,
    Kostas
    BlackBerry PlayBook has been discontinued, hence it won't get any software updates except (maybe) security fixes and such.

Z30
    Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Kostas
    BlackBerry PlayBook has been discontinued, hence it won't get any software updates except (maybe) security fixes and such.

Z30
    10-10-14 03:47 AM
    I have tried in vain as so many others have, and i'm afraid we should all accept the fact that the PlayBook is a 4 year old tablet with 5-6 year old hardware, and at the simplest levels lacks hardware to adequately run BlackBerry 10. Sucks, but the reality is, imagine an iPad 2 trying to run ios 8! IPad 4 is woefully sluggish, so why would people expect BlackBerry to continue to support the PB?

I would rather they focus on refinements to bb10 and make it faster and better on the Passport or Z30. That would be much better.

And with BlackBerry Blend, that was the ultimate nail in the Playbook's coffin. The iPad and Android Tablets with Blend have completely rendered the PB obsolete.

And since most people want the latest Android runtime on the PB, why not simply get an Android and Blend and have the best of both worlds.

I have taken an about face after months of frustration trying to get the PB to run even 10.1, again as others have, and it is utterly hopeless. It is definitely time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-10-14 09:15 AM
    I have tried in vain as so many others have, and i'm afraid we should all accept the fact that the PlayBook is a 4 year old tablet with 5-6 year old hardware, and at the simplest levels lacks hardware to adequately run BlackBerry 10. Sucks, but the reality is, imagine an iPad 2 trying to run ios 8! IPad 4 is woefully sluggish, so why would people expect BlackBerry to continue to support the PB?

I would rather they focus on refinements to bb10 and make it faster and better on the Passport or Z30. That would be much better.

And with BlackBerry Blend, that was the ultimate nail in the Playbook's coffin. The iPad and Android Tablets with Blend have completely rendered the PB obsolete.

And since most people want the latest Android runtime on the PB, why not simply get an Android and Blend and have the best of both worlds.

I have taken an about face after months of frustration trying to get the PB to run even 10.1, again as others have, and it is utterly hopeless. It is definitely time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    I have a question...
    Why not supporting efficiently their original idea for use as dummy tablet?
    They are not supporting bridge with BB10 and they are not planning support for blend with playbook!!
    It's unfair..........
    jtv1 and xilochen like this.
    10-13-14 04:34 AM
    I have tab Samsung galaxy P-1000 they more older maybe 5-7 years, but I have all new app from playmarket and use this tab for navigation and gaming in a car.
    Don't talk about old playbook, it can be old, but they are obliged to support him
    jtv1 and MTL like this.
    10-13-14 06:57 AM
    Why is everyone so infatuated with the Playbook? I have all but abandoned mine because it really can't do much except surf the Internet and play music. It is such an old piece of hardware now. It's like the Atari of tablets. I appreciated it fir what it was when bridge worked well. But the PB, even in its best day, never had the functionality, support, or software to make it truly useable as a productivity or entertainment device. I would guess that is why it failed in the marketplace, among other reasons.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:09 PM
    We still use all 4 of our Playbooks...Emails, Crackberry, GPS, Maps, Games, Notes, Calendars, etc...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    jtv1, anon(1852343) and LLAmos like this.
    10-14-14 10:11 AM
    I use mine. I love it. An update would be great, though.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:22 PM
    I was referring to a completely new tablet from BB running the new software!!
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-20-14 07:42 AM
    A new BB10 PB would be great, but honestly, for the money, against new "cheapo" tablets, the PB still holds up very well.
    2-core slowish processor, but a lot of ram and plenty of storage. GREAT speakers and a pretty good screen.

Seriously - it does ok. I do wish it could do a few more things, but overall I am very happy with my recent purchase of a 64gb one. IT is definitely better (even at nearly 4 years old - get real on the age, please) than a 4.0 Android tablet that it replaced. WAY better.
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-22-14 09:53 PM
    10-25-14 01:49 PM
    all this good, but...
    10-25-14 02:07 PM
    we will never see this and using blend on a tablet ,BlackBerry says fist up and buy an apple iPad or Samsung Tablet
    10-25-14 03:26 PM
    No, but it will get os 10.3.1. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:30 PM
    Ban everyone that bring this bloody topic up. It is dead. Deal with it!

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    FrankIAm likes this.
    10-27-14 07:45 PM
    But will the PlayBook Blend. That is the question? Unfortunately, it won't ! Hahahaha. All manner of puns intended!

Seriously, this question of 10.3 is silly. The thing just does not have the power to run it. I have read arguments about "oh the z3 can do it". It has 500 more megs of MUCH faster RAM than the PB. Playbook uses older style and slower RAM than the Z3. Even a badly stripped BB10 would likely run, then the next ask would be, where is the Android Runtime? Stupid BlackBerry for not giving us the android runtime. As it is, PB 2.1 runs very well on 400-500 MB, leaving precious little for running heavy apps. A stripped BB10 might use around the same, but the newer Android Runtime sucks up around 300 MB or more, leaving the PlayBook almost nothing to run other tasks in the background. The result, relentless crashes, unstable OS and so on.

Deal with it and move on. I would love to see apple getting a first gen iPad to run ios8. That would be hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:58 AM
    He was asking about the rumor going around that BlackBerry is tinkering with a new 10" or larger tablet that may release in 2015. Not about updating the four year old PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:17 PM
    exactly!!!
    11-02-14 03:47 AM
    Is the Playbook getting BBM, How about the 9900 and a touch screen dial pad.
    Oh Yeah just throw away those old devices whats wrong with you .
    11-07-14 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    My iPad 2 runs iOS 8 far better than it ran iOS 7.

I guarantee you that they dropped the PlayBook because they made a decision to cut their losses, rather than incurring more losses continuing to support it.
    11-08-14 06:12 PM
    Well, I beg to differ. I just got an email directly from BlackBerry this evening, and they are telling me they are still working on updates to the PlayBook. I have the email to prove it too....read below.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I appreciate your response.

Regarding updates, our developers are still working on the updates regarding BlackBerry PlayBook Operating System.

Once update is available, we will definitely inform all BlackBerry users.

I would like to thank you for the feed back and I will forward it to our developers.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Technical Support
    BlackBerry
    Tel:
    �NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    �UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    �Europe: +44 1753 558400
    �Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.blackberry.com

Are you ready for BlackBerry 10?
    www.blackberry.com/BlackBerry-10

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:14 PM
    lol.

Development on the PlayBook stopped LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    11-17-14 01:16 AM
    Well, I beg to differ. I just got an email directly from BlackBerry this evening, and they are telling me they are still working on updates to the PlayBook. I have the email to prove it too....read below.

Hello ,

I appreciate your response.

Regarding updates, our developers are still working on the updates regarding BlackBerry PlayBook Operating System.

Once update is available, we will definitely inform all BlackBerry users.

I would like to thank you for the feed back and I will forward it to our developers.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry
    Tel:

Posted via CB10
    I had this whole sarcastic response written out, but then I didn't have the heart to post it
    11-17-14 01:27 AM
    But I will post the email that they sent me last week...

Hello ,

Regarding updates, our developers are not aware of what this so-called "PlayBook" is... They Googled it, and they now know that it is an abandoned beta project from a company known as Research in Motion.

I believe what you are looking for is a BB10 device with a 6+ inch screen; also known as a phablet. Might I direct you towards a device known as the BlackBerry PassPort. This device even has a touch-sensitive keyboard!

I would like to thank you for the feed back, unfortunately it is meaningless.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry
    Tel:

Matt Jude and laguna75 like this.
    11-17-14 01:33 AM
    Not seeing the humor in this nor do I share your sense of it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SpaceGrey5S; 11-17-14 at 08:11 AM.
    11-17-14 05:13 AM
79 123 ...