I agree and I can't believe how they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

You'll have to let us know how your wifi works after your adventure.
    I won't comment on the "shooting foot" line!

Well, I don't have an N capable router. But let me tell you - restoring apps is a tedious pain in the neck. Open Appworld. Tap UNINSTALLED. Find app, REinstall. Oh, tap UNinstalled again find another app, tap install, ad infinitum.

I have not even begun data restoration.
    12-04-11 04:06 PM
    Even from 'Italy (I LIVE IN Rome ) the same problem of Wi-Fi, I thank you for giving me Vs. post a hand, waiting for an update Rim do to solve the problem.
    Dino
    12-04-11 04:23 PM
    Forgive me if this has been already written(I did skim the thread but admit I didnot read everyone's post in depth). I found a simple solution that seemed to work for me. I just changed the Band Type on the Wi-Fi Network, Connect Manually screen from Dual Band to 2.4GHz and it seemed to fix the problem for me.
    12-04-11 05:46 PM
    I won't comment on the "shooting foot" line!

Well, I don't have an N capable router. But let me tell you - restoring apps is a tedious pain in the neck. Open Appworld. Tap UNINSTALLED. Find app, REinstall. Oh, tap UNinstalled again find another app, tap install, ad infinitum.

I have not even begun data restoration.
    Yes it is a pain and I thought I read somewhere that you can do more then one at a time but didn't seem to work for me.
    12-04-11 05:52 PM
    Yes it is a pain and I thought I read somewhere that you can do more then one at a time but didn't seem to work for me.
    Keeping with the original thread before I turn to the above...

With all of my restoration and app reinstalling, I had not checked the browser - it was bollixed up!!!! I tweaked who knows what and it finally started to work.

But what is funny is that appworld (wifi) worked for all those installs.

You can apparently click on a number of items and they will spin their green circles while only one actively downloads. And I am still restoring my gigs of data. Videos were a bear - really, half a video or so would transfer and then I would get an error - something like the "network does not exist" and then Win Explorer would implode. Over and over. I rebooted the pb about 6 times. Such fun.
    12-05-11 12:11 AM
    Did you guys try to do a backup first. I did and the the whole process took less than 45 minutes.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-05-11 10:06 AM
    Did you guys try to do a backup first. I did and the the whole process took less than 45 minutes.
    LOL... I think that's where we came in.

Many folks here can't do a backup using the DM. It's a long-standing problem that RIM is aware of, and may even fix one day.
    12-05-11 01:12 PM
    Downloaded the new patch, wireless seems to be working alright.
    Any one else get the new update and did that fix the wireless problem?
    12-06-11 03:49 PM
    No offence folks, but i dont see why i should be fiddling with my routers settings just to get my PB to work. Everyone's wifi worked fine in 1.0.7 without any change in their router's settings so clearly the problem is with the PB. I just hope .6067 (or a subsequent update) fixes this problem.
    12-06-11 04:26 PM
    Downloaded the new patch, wireless seems to be working alright.
    Any one else get the new update and did that fix the wireless problem?
    Yes. wifi seems to working for me too now with the new update.
    12-06-11 04:27 PM
    No offence folks, but i dont see why i should be fiddling with my routers settings just to get my PB to work. Everyone's wifi worked fine in 1.0.7 without any change in their router's settings so clearly the problem is with the PB. I just hope .6067 (or a subsequent update) fixes this problem.
    Well, fiddling around with your router will allow you to use your PlayBook. If I didn't mess with the router I probably wouldn't even be able to wifi update.

My PlayBook won't work at work due to the wifi-N issue.
    12-06-11 04:40 PM
    Well i seem to have got screwed with this process. Earlier today i decide to restore my playbook to factory to see if it would work.

It seems that now theres an update. But im stuck in "Connect to Wi-Fi" from the star. Any idea?
    12-06-11 05:21 PM
    Well i seem to have got screwed with this process. Earlier today i decide to restore my playbook to factory to see if it would work.

It seems that now theres an update. But im stuck in "Connect to Wi-Fi" from the star. Any idea?
    Have you set your router to g? If not try that and sounds you can go back to n after.

EDIT: Or if you've got thru the setup hook it up to dm.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-06-11 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add
    12-06-11 05:25 PM
    I have a Thomson TG784. Wich is already set to G, my wirelles is in WEP, and still no deal.
    12-06-11 05:31 PM
    Well since you just wiped? it to factory hook er up dm and update it.
    12-06-11 05:33 PM
    I've tried that 2 times already. Gonna try a third to see if it catches the update now.

[EDIT] - How much time is it suppose to take really?
    Last edited by Azraeluz; 12-06-11 at 05:45 PM.
    12-06-11 05:36 PM
    Open dm plug your playbook in and let dm find it then restart your playbook and quickly click update.
    12-06-11 05:46 PM
    No go. Still doesn't find any... =/
    12-06-11 06:09 PM
    12-06-11 06:12 PM
    I appreciate the help, but ultimately my problem remains. Wich sucks.

Thanks anyway i guess
    12-06-11 06:20 PM
    Humm strange. Hard reboot it by holding all at the same time until it restarts the power - and + buttons.
    12-06-11 06:47 PM
    Been there, done that. Quite some times now... I really think i should just exchange for another tomorrow first thing in the morning.

But its quite odd. I really don't understand what happened with it, one moment was fine, the next. No wi-fi nowhere. Then i reset it to factory, upgrade it and still. No wi-fi.
    12-06-11 07:12 PM
    Well it doesn't take wifi to update thru DM but yes you must have a defective one. Get it replaced.
    12-06-11 07:17 PM
    Its already up to date and still nothing, Im updating it thru DM one last time before to bed and then i give up on this and get it replaced. Its still on her first 15 days.
    12-06-11 07:21 PM
    Azareluz, change to WPA2/AES. That should solve your problems.
    12-07-11 04:05 AM
171 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD