Playbook has decided to be fickle today - won't aquire IP address from router. I have changed the security setting on my router to WPA2 only ( not WPA/WPA2) . This has been broadcast as a possible remedy. Ha anyone else been through this scenario ??
    09-16-12 12:49 PM
    Be absolutely sure that its WPA2. Then if the problem persists, reboot your Playbook. after this, if its still a problem, turn your internet router off/on and try again.

If you STILL have problems after this, you may need to assign a static IP address to your Playbook manually through your internet's settings (I do this anyway).

Hope you get it working!(:
    Last edited by JRAtk027; 09-17-12 at 10:36 AM.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-17-12 10:25 AM
    Playbook has decided to be fickle today - won't aquire IP address from router. I have changed the security setting on my router to WPA2 only ( not WPA/WPA2) . This has been broadcast as a possible remedy. Ha anyone else been through this scenario ??
    I usually run into that once a day! But I somehow managed to dodge it for 5 days(and counting).
    Rebooting the router seems to be the easiest "fix". I tried an array of setting combinations on the playbook and router and I'd always have the same issue. It'd connect fine, then a few hours later, the PB wouldn't be able to Acquire an IP address anymore... Reboot the router, rinse and repeat. It's really, really, really annoying.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-17-12 11:04 AM
    I had a LOT of problems with mine (dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless N router [D-Link 825N]) until I changed something called Channel Width.

I changed it from 20/40MHz and even 40MHz (alone) TO 20 MHz. As soon as I did that, my problems disappeared. The Playbook would connect at 65 Mbps wireless N. All my other computers on my network would work too at N speeds (all over 65 Mbps though, one took a speed hit from 144 Mbps to 65 Mbps). One other remained at 144 Mbps. It depends on the machine.

WPA2, AES, Wireless G/N only and Channel Width to 20 MHz did it for me. All other default settings. Some say messing with WMM or Short GI helps. It actually caused me more problems than not. Mine were left enabled.
    malcymalc likes this.
    09-22-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD