I've had my Z10 for about a week and a half and am generally quite enjoying it except for a few nuances. I do still use my PlayBook daily for some specific tasks. I definitely do think there are things I'd really like from BlackBerry 10 on the PlayBook.

In no particular order:

Cascades Apps. PlayBook has always struck me as being held back by the sluggish AIR platform that apps are written in. It's hard for me to reconcile email or BLAQ being sluggish on the same device that runs a game with graphics like DEAD SPACE. A native app platform should speed the general performance up.

Better Browser. PlayBook's browser usually gets the job done for me, but I find it slow, checker-boardy and crash prone. The Z10 browser seems to render far faster and I haven't crashed it yet. Even if not as quick as on the Z10, should still be a big improvement.

Faster Email. The PlayBook frustrates me in terms of its email because there's such a long load time between when you see the light, then click on the email. Hub based email should bring that instantaneous BlackBerry email experience.

BBM. Not gonna lie. Now that I'm back on BBM, I realized how much I missed it. Having it on PlayBook will help a lot of my family join my BBM groups. I love BBM voice and video too.

Music and videos in App World. Can't wait for a unified account instead of the PlayBook video story. Find App World easier to use on Z10 too.

Better camera software. Not that I use my PlayBook for photos much, but I still like the Z10's software for taking pictures much better.

GPS improvements. Not sure if it's the GPS or the GPS software, but the PlayBook GPS is often really slow at finding locations compared to the Z10.

Better apps - in theory. There's a lot of apps I want on my PlayBook. Some of them (Skype and Kindle) are on my Z10. I'd love them on PlayBook even more and don't want to be bothered with side loading. I don't know if a ton of developers will bother, but hopefully PlayBook gets an app bump compared to what it has now.

Remembering video positions I use the PlayBook a lot as a movie consumption device. I hate that it doesn't remember the last movie I watched and where I left off though. Z10 does. Would be nice.

A better CrackBerry app. CrackBerry.com has a habit of crashing the PlayBook browser for me. Go figure! :-) The news app is OK, but sluggish (see AIR comment above) and the Forum app is a sluggish android port. I love the CB Z10 app. I say, bring it on.

Wireless Syncing and Contact Imports with Link. Can do both these things on the Z10, neither on the PlayBook with Link.

Copy and Paste: I find this generally a lot easier on Z10 compared to PlayBook, which I often find sluggish and hit or miss

Just a few reasons why I'd love to see this.

Request

Please don't hijack with this thread with comments about how:

1. PlayBook is discontinued. (See: BlackBerry - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Business Orders - Canada)
    2. PlayBook is not getting BlackBerry 10 or how BlackBerry broke their promise on when it is coming. Save that for when Thorsten says it isn't happening or when January 1, 2014 hits.
    3. PlayBook can't run BlackBerry 10. Have a look at the devices that run iOS 6, BlackBerry 7, Android, Windows 8, Mac OS X etc. Companies can and do build for backwards compatibility.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 05-16-13 at 04:26 PM.
    05-15-13 04:53 PM
    Good write up. I agree with all of your points.
    05-15-13 04:57 PM
    Well said. I wish someone from Crackberry would ask someone in the know at BlackBerry Live what is happening with the playbook.

I can understand everyone getting carried away at BlackBerry live with all the new developments with the new phones but there are still a large number of playbook users who would like some answers. At least 2.5 million playbook owners would welcome an upgrade because let's face it, not a lot of development is going on with apps for os2.1 and why would they. Plus, it will hopefully also fix the problem with the crippled blackberry bridge when paired with a new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:19 PM
    Well said. I wish someone from Crackberry would ask someone in the know at BlackBerry Live what is happening with the playbook.

I can understand everyone getting carried away at BlackBerry live with all the new developments with the new phones but there are still a large number of playbook users who would like some answers. At least 2.5 million playbook owners would welcome an upgrade because let's face it, not a lot of development is going on with apps for os2.1 and why would they. Plus, it will hopefully also fix the problem with the crippled blackberry bridge when paired with a new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Zeis asked about bb10 during the q&a and got the usual we don't have any answers at this time
    05-15-13 05:29 PM
    and got the usual we don't have any answers at this time
    aka: F@$? OFF
    05-15-13 05:50 PM